Four weeks on the road - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2014, 11:57 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Four weeks on the road

We are getting into a routine with our Escape 19 after nearly a month on the road. We've only had hookups once, but ever since the sun came out we've had all the electricity we needed. We spent 8 nights in Glacier and stayed nearly fully charged. Two days before we picked up the trailer, we realized we needed an inverter -- Reace readily agreed to install it and we are really glad to be able to charge things, etc.

We think the leak was caused by the wingnut that holds down the sink -- Terry tightened it and knock on wood, nothing has leaked since.

After talking to an Escape owner in Yoho I realized that the reason people are so happy with the Escapes is not that they are perfect -- nothing is -- but that Reace and Tammy stand behind their products and do whatever it takes to fix any problems.

We took our first showers in the trailer this week and were both surprised at how well they worked. I still prefer the facilities when they are available but it is nice to know that the trailer shower is there.

I just posted about our time in Glacier National Park (U.S.) on my blog RuthMatilskyWorld.wordpress.com

Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:42 AM   #2

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2005 Toyota Sienna
Glad to hear all is well and that you're having a good time. Thanks for the update.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:27 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
You really need to tell us more about them 8 days at Glacier.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:27 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 21'
Ruthie,

Love your blog. Hope Terry's back is better.

Vella
Old 07-18-2014, 01:33 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Myron, what kinds of things do you want to know about Glacier? I'd love to expand on our time there. If you get me going I'll give you every detail -- from how we managed to get beautiful sites on the river front to the hiking, etc. I don't know if you've looked at my blog, but there are lots of pictures there. Ruthmatilskyworld.wordpress.com

Those of you following the blog know that I am now in California where my mother is in hospice and my husband Terry is driving the Escape eastward by himself. It wasn't what we planned but it is what it is. I just posted pictures of his stay in the Badlands to the blog. We finally used the air conditioner when we were parked at our son's house in helena and it worked well -- the only problem I have with it is the strong plastic smell that comes out -- I think that will eventually go away. I knew when we bought the trailer that there would be some outgassing and the Maxx fan has been very useful in dissipating the smell -- however, the parts of the trailer that are not usually open -- un der the bed storage area, for example -- still have the odor -- so sometimes I would open every compartment and run the fan and it the smell is going away. Some people probably would not notice, but we are sensitive to such things.

I've noticed the thread about making the bed, and it is a pain, but we really love that bed and wouldn't want it to be smaller -- It is so comfortable and there is so much room. Sometimes I just hang out there reading while Terry sits on the bench seats. As we've used the trailer we've figured out how we want to store things, and the way we use it differs in different locations. Overnight stops we generally use the inside for cooking and washing up if we have enough water. But if there is a camper sink I prefer to use that even if we have water -- I just put the dishes in a tub and carry it over and enjoy the larger sink. When we're in one place for several days I cook outside most of the time and end up putting much of the dishes and cooking things under the bed and get it from the outside hatch. I'm thinking I might end up with two complete sets of cooking things -- one for inside and one for storage through the hatch because even when we're doing a lot of cooking outside we like boiling water first thing in the morning inside the trailer and if it rains hard I'm cooking inside.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:15 PM   #6

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
How did you get beautiful sites on the water? Been thinking of a long long overdue return trip to Glacier the last two years, hoping the place has not become so popular that trailer camping becomes a gamble. No trip yet planned for there, just hungry for insights. It is my favorite National Park. Yes I've seen your website and your fine pictures. You've got me thinking of setting up my own wordpress site.

Best regards.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:21 PM   #7

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
You've got me thinking of setting up my own wordpress site
You should Myron. Your mods alone will fill quite a few pages.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:11 PM   #8

Trailer: Wannabe
Ruthe, Seriously you also have a son in Helena? I'm so thrilled to see another forum member with relations in Helena!

Sherry in MT
MTWaggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:35 PM   #9

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Next year i want to go to Glacier. Where in Glacier did you camp?
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:56 PM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19 (TV: 2007 Chevy Tahoe)
I sure like to know how you get those great sites, too. Any word?
Gary

pkgman51 is offline   Reply With Quote