Going to Yellowstone? Let's Get Together - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-18-2017, 10:24 PM   #1

Trailer: 2013 Montana 5th wheel & Ram Pick-up
Going to Yellowstone? Let's Get Together

We are convinced we want an Escape. The 5.0TA fits our bill quite nicely. Just not ready to pull the plug right yet. In the meantime, I would love to take a look at any and all Escapes I can.

If anyone is planning on a trip to Yellowstone and are willing to show us your rig, no matter what size, please let me know. I work at the Tower Ranger Station so will be available in the park until the end of September.

I am also readily available for information on the park for those planning their trips.

Looking forward to meeting any and all!!
Kevin H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:17 AM   #2

Trailer: 5.0 TA hatched April 2017
5.0 showing

I have a 5.0 going mid September to Yellowstone , can show you our trailer then.
Terry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:16 AM   #3

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin H View Post
We are convinced we want an Escape. The 5.0TA fits our bill quite nicely. Just not ready to pull the plug right yet. In the meantime, I would love to take a look at any and all Escapes I can.

If anyone is planning on a trip to Yellowstone and are willing to show us your rig, no matter what size, please let me know. I work at the Tower Ranger Station so will be available in the park until the end of September.

I am also readily available for information on the park for those planning their trips.

We have reservations for June 14/15 at Canyon and 16/17 at Madison and plan on going past Tower as I guess its the gateway to the Lamar Valley. PM us your email and if you can guide us to some animals especially bears, wolves and bison, we would be happy to show your our Escape! Or better still a couple of nights at Tower Campground for a look at our Escape.
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:40 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin H View Post

We are at Fishing Bridge @ site A5 until the 23rd.
tdf-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:49 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21; previously a 2012 Escape 19
We have an Escape 19 in Idaho Falls. If you have a place to park overnight at Tower, we would come up for a couple of nights.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:07 PM   #6

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
We will be at the park 6/9 June at Fishing Bridge RV with our new 217 21. We will becoming back from the rally at Osoyoos. Looking forward to meeting up with you.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
I have a 5.0 going mid September to Yellowstone , can show you our trailer then.
Great time to visit the park. Crowds down, temps down, animals busy packing on pounds for hibernation so very active. Let's keep in touch.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
We are at Fishing Bridge @ site A5 until the 23rd.
Rats! I am not able to get over there by the 23rd. Thanks for the offer, tho. Where are you headed after YNP?
Old 05-19-2017, 09:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris & Patricia View Post
We have reservations for June 14/15 at Canyon and 16/17 at Madison and plan on going past Tower as I guess its the gateway to the Lamar Valley. PM us your email and if you can guide us to some animals especially bears, wolves and bison, we would be happy to show your our Escape! Or better still a couple of nights at Tower Campground for a look at our Escape.
Sounds like a good plan. Indeed Tower is the gateway to Lamar. June can be hot. I'll PM and see if we can get together. Unfortunately, I have no clout when it comes to the campgrounds in Tower. FCFS - first come, first served and at that time of the season, lines start around 6:00 am.

Re: animals - no problem. Right now - bears, bears, bears. Wolves and Bison with a few moose thrown in. I'll be happy to share any info I can when you get here or while you plan your trip. There are three campgrounds in this area. Tower is neat but Pebble Creek tops them, IMHO. Slough Creek is remote and nice, but it is very dusty - VERY DUSTY and the road back to it is rough, to say the least. Were it me, I would try for Pebble Creek.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdr2 View Post
We have an Escape 19 in Idaho Falls. If you have a place to park overnight at Tower, we would come up for a couple of nights.
Would love to help out with a campsite, but I don't have that kind of clout
Thanks for offering to show your rig, tho!
Old 06-06-2017, 02:37 PM   #11

Trailer: 2015 escape 19
We will be in Bridge Bay campground with our 19 8/31- 9/8. Would be happy to show it off
LDRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:58 PM   #12

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
We will be there Aug 9-13 @ West Yellowstone in our new 21.
James Gang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:00 PM   #13

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
We stayed at Bridge Bay for 3 weeks last spring and the place is just gorgeous but the sound of loud generators running all day every day was just too much. We also caught someone trying to break into our TV and they were kicked out by the Sheriffs department. By week 3 we couldn't wait to leave....too bad. There is no reason they need to allow generators to run all day.
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:22 AM   #14

Trailer: 5.0 TA hatched April 2017
OK will keep in touch. Hoping to put a lagun table in before trip so that should be in place.
Terry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:49 AM   #15
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfishtacos View Post
We stayed at Bridge Bay for 3 weeks last spring and the place is just gorgeous but the sound of loud generators running all day every day was just too much. We also caught someone trying to break into our TV and they were kicked out by the Sheriffs department. By week 3 we couldn't wait to leave....too bad. There is no reason they need to allow generators to run all day.
I'm with you Steve. For some reason, many of the NPs don't seem to care. The whole point of going to a place like Yellowstone is to enjoy the beauty and tranquility of such a place. Roaring generators all day long? I can get that at a street fair behind the food trucks.

I know it's not a popular opinion, but I've always felt they should ban generators unless you're remote or dispersed camping. It would have many benefits, and not just with noise reduction.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:10 AM   #16

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
After 18 camping nights in the west and interacting with dozens of park management personnel, it is quite apparent to me that along with a tremendous variation in facilities and management practices there is also nearly infinite variation in the attitudes of campground and park and forest managers. This mirrors about all other facets of work life in America and Canada. To that end, we have developed a list of favorite places based on the friendliness, efficiency, and beauty of the facility. We decide when we leave whether or not we will return.
In the cases of super crowded, noisy campgrounds ear major attractions, We camp up to 30 or 40 miles away in a less
crowded area and drive in for day use to view the feature. We've endured most of the crowded venues after 47 years of vacations and now relish scenic views, museums and the road less traveled.
YCEMV (Your camping experience may vary
Dave
Iowa Dave is online now   Reply With Quote