How many nights on the road in 2015? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2015, 04:16 PM   #41

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Me thinks Jon wins the prize for the most use of their Escape....
I feel like such a slacker.

21 days and 6000 miles since we picked it up in March. We have a fall leaf peeping trip planned.

Retirement is a couple of years off for us. We wanted the trailer now so that we can work out any bugs or new requirements.
sturski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 04:24 PM   #42

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21RB
Approximately 30 days in trailer and about 7,000 kms this year. Semi-retired. Another one or two short trips planned for this year.
gharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 04:25 PM   #43

Trailer: 2015 19 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I got about 20K from my first pair of Goodyear Marathons, 35K from the second pair of Maxxis 8008's, and have 15K on the current pair of Maxis 8008's.
Why did you choose Maxxis 8008 tires?
bdornbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 04:26 PM   #44

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 sold, 21NE on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I'll be in site 85 starting Thursday
We will be on site 49. See you there.

Jack
bouterse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:16 PM   #45

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdornbush View Post
Why did you choose Maxxis 8008 tires?
Don't know about Jon, but I put them on my last trailer after hearing good things on one of the bigger RV forums. I really liked them, bigger tire tread then the Towmax's I had at the time.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:20 PM   #46

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Yikes, them Maxxis8008's must be a helluva tire. Just priced them locally... for 4 each, "going-out-the-door" mounted/balanced price is $707.43.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:07 PM   #47

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I would be interested to hear what practises you, or anyone else, employs to keep the records. Just diligence? I kinda fail at that sometimes, as my mind gets onto other things when I stop, and I forget to record the distance travelled. Any tricks or such?
After I park at a new site I use Google Maps to see how far I've come from the previous campsite, then enter the data in a spreadsheet. I thought about using a trip odometer as well, but figured I'd forget to reset it. I'm keeping track of the trailer mileage for maintenance purposes so it doesn't have to be precise. Google Maps will do.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 10:45 PM   #48

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
You must keep pretty accurate records, Jon. I started to do this years ago with our tent trailer, but kept forgetting to log them. Maybe I will start up when we get a new trailer.

I would be interested to hear what practises you, or anyone else, employs to keep the records. Just diligence? I kinda fail at that sometimes, as my mind gets onto other things when I stop, and I forget to record the distance travelled. Any tricks or such?
My goal in recording is to keep track of places like CG and route notes. And notes about places that we might want to check out next time through (for eg: I noted Astoria, Washington as an interesting place to spend a few hours or a place to overnight on the way down the Oregon coast). I am lazy about tracking distance and used google maps when we got home to retrace our route. So far I haven't tracked fuel. I'm sure my record keeping (log) will change over time.

Larry
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 10:58 PM   #49

Trailer: Escape 17B, April 2014
We have just returned from a 3000~4000 km trip, with 5 nights spent in our 17B, and we haven't spent enough time at home lately to look at a calendar & count the usage dates our trailer has had...

I can tell you that since Victoria Day weekend this year we have spent more weekend nights in the trailer than in our bed at home. I also guesstimate over 15,000km of travel in the 1.5 years we have owned it.

Yes, my husband works (more than) full time, and yes, we like our Edcape trailer a lot!
KLRchickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:31 PM   #50

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Not retired, working this week on adding ~7 days to the 60 already clocked by labor day. About 4300km towing too.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:32 PM   #51

I started tracking miles, mpg, and time as these 3 values are available on my Jeep's trip odometer. I reset it at the beginning of a trailer trip, and record it at the end (usually). We picked up our trailer on May 28, and so far, we have logged 2646 miles and 16 nights. I added some calculations to the spreadsheet I keep on my phone (and Google Drive) and we have averaged 15.8 MPG and used about 168 gallons of gas. Interestingly to me, we have taken two trips up to the Sierra Nevadas, and we get about 2 MPG better mileage on the trip home to sea level from 8000 feet or so.

We will be camping for 30 days over then next two months and haven't planned November yet.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:45 PM   #52

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdornbush View Post
....Interestingly to me, we have taken two trips up to the Sierra Nevadas, and we get about 2 MPG better mileage on the trip home to sea level from 8000 feet or so......
Think of it this way: If you're going up a 10% grade, you're lifting your tow and trailer 528 ft. vertically in every mile you drive. (Mean ol' Mr. gravity at work.)
Going downhill, he's not so mean.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 04:05 PM   #53

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Think of it this way: If you're going up a 10% grade, you're lifting your tow and trailer 528 ft. vertically in every mile you drive. (Mean ol' Mr. gravity at work.)
Hi: dfandrews... It certainly helps to understand the "Gravity" of the situation. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 04:34 PM   #54

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21--FOR SALE
We logged 29 nights on our trip from the Comox Valley to canyon country in southern Utah, via the North Cascades Highway on the way down and the Olympics and the Coho ferry on the way back. We also spent a total of 12 nights earlier this month visiting Summerland and Wells Gray Park.

So the grand total so far in 2015 is 41 nights. We would have done a major trip this fall, probably across BC to visit a number of national and provincial parks in Alberta and Saskatchewan, but we're committed to volunteering for the good guys in the run up to the October 19 federal election.

We'll get in a few short trips on the Island before the election, and a longer one afterward if the monsoon season has not begun.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:56 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Yes, I noticed that the "miles of range left until empty" never decreased in the trip from Lassen NP to Red Bluff where I filled up some 60 miles later. For a while, it actually increased.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:13 PM   #56

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
We've logged about 60 days so far this year . We are now on a 6 week trip to the west coast.
With a week at deer hunting we wiil be on the road approx 110 days this year.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:09 PM   #57

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
For those of you that have been on extended trips, are you finding space at the campgrounds or are you having to make reservations or change plans on the fly? What's the availability been like this year?
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:10 PM   #58
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Hmm, think I went through Falun - near Eau Claire Wisc?

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:54 PM   #59

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
For those of you that have been on extended trips, are you finding space at the campgrounds or are you having to make reservations or change plans on the fly? What's the availability been like this year?
I did make reservations for some locations, but I could probably have done without. For most places I didn't make reservations and was always able to find a spot. I tried to travel on Sunday or Monday, which helped. Clackamette City Park in Oregon City does not accept reservations and it is very convenient to Portland, so I expected the worst. I arrived early Sunday afternoon and it was pretty full, but by Monday afternoon I was surprised to see the RV park half-empty, even though it was at the height of tourist season.

The popular national parks are different-- there you need camping reservations weeks or months in advance. Even isolated Great Basin NP filled up a few days after I arrived.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:57 AM   #60

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
Hmm, think I went through Falun - near Eau Claire Wisc?
Falun is located on Hwy 70, 8 miles west of Siren Wi , 9 miles East of Grantsburg Wi and 80 miles North of Eau Claire Wi. Town consists of a bait store ,auto repair shop ,about 8 houses
and a church. The town is so small that it does not have a bar ,a rare thing in Wisconsin.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote