How many places visited in a year - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2017, 10:42 PM   #21

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
While going from Banff to Jasper I missed seeing Lake Louise because the road to the lake discouraged RVs. I asked at the visitors center and it was suggested that I unhitch the trailer somewhere then go see the lake.
It's been a few years since I visited Lake Louise, but it's hard to imagine the road being an issue in any way for RVs. I suspect they just don't have enough parking for large vehicles at the lake... and the Parks Canada web page for Lake Louise (within the Banff National Park site) confirms that.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 11:26 PM   #22

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
It's been a few years since I visited Lake Louise, but it's hard to imagine the road being an issue in any way for RVs. I suspect they just don't have enough parking for large vehicles at the lake... and the Parks Canada web page for Lake Louise (within the Banff National Park site) confirms that.
The road to Moraine Lake near Lake Louise is definitely not rv friendly. However, it is well worth visiting Moraine Lake if you are in the area. I think that parks has started running shuttle busses to some of the attractions to help alleviate some of the crowding that is currently happening.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 12:26 AM   #23

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
While going from Banff to Jasper I missed seeing Lake Louise because the road to the lake discouraged RVs. I asked at the visitors center and it was suggested that I unhitch the trailer somewhere then go see the lake. I declined to do that and continued on my way. I should have visited Lake Louise while I was camped in Banff.
No, the parking lots do not have trailer space. I'd post a photo but won't load. You could have irked them by pulling up in front of the Fairmont.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 01:53 AM   #24

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Different folks, different strokes...
One we stayed for days, one we wanted to leave asap...
But yeah, to every one their own!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0277.jpg   IMG_0328a.jpg  
Old 07-31-2017, 05:31 AM   #25

Trailer: 2017 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Where is the second picture? Gorgeous!

We are both still working, this year in March we took 3 weeks to get back to Maine after pick up, a 4 day long weekend trip here in Maine to one park (Cobscook Bay) to hike and kayak, and have a 2 week trip planned this fall (reservations all made) to New Brunswick and Quebec. That unfortunately is all we'll fit in with our wonderful trailer this year. But hoping to do much more in a few years when we do retire, in the style of Mike Lewis. And that campsite in picture 2 Marry should be in my list of places to stop!
TallyHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:18 AM   #26

Quote:
Yes, we soon noticed the difference between public, especially Army Corps of Engineers with half price for seniors and great scenery, and private places right next to the neighbors with nowhere near as nice scenery. We sometimes go private for laundry or because no public places are around the area we need.
Old 07-31-2017, 07:23 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyHo View Post

We are both still working, this year in March we took 3 weeks to get back to Maine after pick up, a 4 day long weekend trip here in Maine to one park (Cobscook Bay) to hike and kayak, and have a 2 week trip planned this fall (reservations all made) to New Brunswick and Quebec. That unfortunately is all we'll fit in with our wonderful trailer this year
Sounds as if you are doing well and going to some great places!
Old 07-31-2017, 07:30 AM   #28

Looking for more younger campers with families. How do you manage to use your trailers?
Old 07-31-2017, 07:56 AM   #29

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Looking for more younger campers with families. How do you manage to use your trailers?
We don't really qualify as either younger or with families (no kids), but we still work, and will for another 8 years or so. So we bought the camper with our eyes on the future, and knew that for now we would be limited to long weekends and the occasional week long trip. So far this year, we camped 4 nights in April (about 4 hours from home), 2 nights in May (1 1/2 hour from home), 3 nights in June (2 hours from home), 3 nights in July (5 minutes from home). Our next planned trip is 3 nights in October (2 hours from home), and hopefully another 2 or 3 nights in September. Next year we are planning on similar trips, with an additional week long trip to St Augustine in September. We are fortunate to have met some great folks through an Alabama, TN, Georgia egg camping club, so most of our outings are with them, and close to home.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:23 AM   #30

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
trailer usage

We bought the 21 for getting out of Florida in the Hot and Humid Summers . We left end of June and traveled to Lake Tellico TN. for a month . and now are back waiting for our Granddaughter to arrive hopefully this week or next .
We are hoping next year to be gone for at least 2months of the Hot Summer .Maybe do the U P in Michigan or Door county in Wis. ??

We also use the trailer for 3-4 day State park camping trips .

Now I need to wash and wax the trailer
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:50 AM   #31

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I've traveled all my life, making many cross country trips. Prior to April, 2011, for the most part it was tenting.

While I never added up the individual places I've visited since picking up my Escape 17 in 2011, I kept track of my travels - 1090 nights in the trailer, 86,726.2 miles towing. The major cross country trips were 111, 138, 304, 194, and 184 days, although the last two trips included long winter stays at Quartzsite.

Like many, I prefer to set up in a location & explore, but I have also "zipped" by far too many places in a rush to get somewhere. Even though I'm retired & have all the time in the world, if nothing else, rallies call for some scheduling!
Old 07-31-2017, 01:40 PM   #32

Quote:
Where is the second picture? Gorgeous!

!
Campland RV Resort. Just northwest of Saskatoon.
Quite expensive, while pretty much on the highway itself. A friend of ours booked it for us, in order to be close to a farm show. It was my happy day the day we could leave this campground.
We are more the boondocking kind of people.
Would love to be on the road more, but yeah: not retired yet either.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:39 PM   #33

Trailer: 2017 19'
Quote:
Campland RV Resort. Just northwest of Saskatoon.

Oops I meant the 1st picture! We are more of the boondocking people too, it looks like there are no other campers anywhere around, just the woods and sounds of water and birds. Perfect.
TallyHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 02:53 PM   #34

Trailer: SOLD 2016 Classic 21ft - SOLD 2016 Ram 1500 tug - ORDERED Van Replacement
Quote:
Hi Cathy. Well I know one young couple that ditched their 30+ foot sticky trailer with 3 slide outs and likes what Escape offers. Upon seeing our new 2016 21ft they knew they did the right thing selling their giant trailer. According to them that size was not as welcome in many desirable sites they ran across.

The couple is daughter and son-in-law. They ask when are we up-sizing and can they buy our 21' when we do. Well they are in for a surprise as we will be downsizing. The pressure is on.

So yes, it seems the younger crowd is returning to Rving as I and others did way back then. By the way this daughter traveled extensively with us in variety of Rvs. In fact I still believe she was conceived while winter camping in Sequoi National Park.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:41 PM   #35

Santiago, it is good that your daughter was raised camping so it is not all new to her, as it was to many of us much later.

I know that there are many Escape owners taking the family out. Somewhere!
Old 07-31-2017, 03:47 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
We don't really qualify as either younger or with families (no kids), but we still work, and will for another 8 years or so. So we bought the camper with our eyes on the future, and knew that for now we would be limited to long weekends and the occasional week long trip. So far this year, we camped 4 nights in April (about 4 hours from home), 2 nights in May (1 1/2 hour from home), 3 nights in June (2 hours from home), 3 nights in July (5 minutes from home). Our next planned trip is 3 nights in October (2 hours from home), and hopefully another 2 or 3 nights in September. Next year we are planning on similar trips, with an additional week long trip to St Augustine in September. We are fortunate to have met some great folks through an Alabama, TN, Georgia egg camping club, so most of our outings are with them, and close to home.
There are quite a few rallies in Texas and we know some people who attend those and more in adjoining states, doing many each year. They obviously like rallies, too!
Old 07-31-2017, 03:55 PM   #37

Trailer: SOLD 2016 Classic 21ft - SOLD 2016 Ram 1500 tug - ORDERED Van Replacement
Quote:
Santiago, it is good that your daughter was raised camping so it is not all new to her, as it was to many of us much later.

I know that there are many Escape owners taking the family out. Somewhere!
Yes, the exposure is good for children. Her younger sister backpacked with me for a while but lost interest.

I cherish all my scouting years tent camping of course in southern Wisconsin on snow, canoeing alone three days in Michigan, mile swim in lakes, etc. To this day have much respect and admiration for my three Scout Masters, God bless them.

We sold our Scamp to a young couple, early thirties. They took three months off work and were taking the old Scamp to Alaska. The big deal was that they wanted to expose little Lily (daughter) to nature, outdoors and wildlife. Some say three people in a Scamp 13ft for 3 months is the definition of "wildlife" as you spend lots of time outside. Kim and I were so impressed with these two parents that after the deal was finalized we lowered the sales price. I hope Lily grows up travelling the same way her young parents still do.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:08 PM   #38

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
No, the parking lots do not have trailer space. I'd post a photo but won't load. You could have irked them by pulling up in front of the Fairmont.
Cathy I believe just south of the Fairmont there are big parking lots, looking at Google earth and street view there are lots of small motor homes parked in the car lots but one lot is marked for motor homes and maybe small trailers by this sign...

Adrian
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 05:50 PM   #39

Quote:
Oops I meant the 1st picture! We are more of the boondocking people too, it looks like there are no other campers anywhere around, just the woods and sounds of water and birds. Perfect.
East of Missoula on highway 200, just past Ovando, in a Montana. Only 13 campsites all on the river.The river is famous for fly fishing. Sites are only $18.
Loved that spot!
Old 07-31-2017, 06:39 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Cathy I believe just south of the Fairmont there are big parking lots, looking at Google earth and street view there are lots of small motor homes parked in the car lots but one lot is marked for motor homes and maybe small trailers by this sign...

Adrian
Adrian, Mike said he was discouraged from taking his trailer up there and visitor center told him to drop it. From what we saw, too many cars and I seem to recall cars parked along the roads. A small motohome may be fine but I would not want to get stuck up there with a trailer. Of course, we were there in August. Don't know when he was there. May be much better in another month but if people are always parking cars along roads, that is a problem.

Then again, we did not have the trailer with us then and were not looking to park it, so we may not have seen the lots you mean at all.