Looking for travel couple going south from BC. - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2015, 01:08 PM   #1

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Smile Looking for travel couple going south from BC.

Hello. We are a recently retired couple from the Okanagan BC.and are planning on going south to California and Arizona late Jan. early Feb. 2016 with our Escape 19.
We would like to hook-up with another couple either somewhere here or anywhere out that way. We've been in Arizona before and know some nice and inexpensive areas.
Get back to us if you're interested to have some good camping fun.

Carla and Herman.
hermenator01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 02:40 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Well, I'm already here. Currently at Quartzite BLM LTVA North, although I'll be moving around the AZ & CA LTVAs throughout the winter. May even spend some time at the La Paz County Park in Parker if I get tire of boondocking. Send me a PM when you get in the area.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:41 PM   #3

I believe that we met at La Paz County park 2 years ago (I think) we where on the river with our 19 ft. towing with a silver Dodge pu.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:32 PM   #4

Trailer: 2013 17B, 2011 Honda Ridgeline
Thanks for posting your pics Jon. Looking at your Gila Cliff pics was great ( we were in Silver City in May/2015 and I sure can agree with your sentiments about the road but the end is worth the journey ten fold. The KOA was virtually empty but we were told it was booked solid for the upcoming Memorial Day long weekend! Good experience there.
bolerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 08:21 AM   #5

Trailer: ESCAPE #3 COMING - 19 FT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermenator01 View Post
Hello. We are a recently retired couple from the Okanagan BC.and are planning on going south to California and Arizona late Jan. early Feb. 2016 with our Escape 19.
We would like to hook-up with another couple either somewhere here or anywhere out that way. We've been in Arizona before and know some nice and inexpensive areas.
Get back to us if you're interested to have some good camping fun.

Carla and Herman.
We r leaving tomorrow for same areas. I guess its too early for u. Maybe see u down there. Have a good trip.

where r some of those good areas u speak of.

ken and diana
ESCAPE #3, 19FT ON ORDER
TV - NOT YET, THINKING RIDGELINE OR F150
KEN AND DIANA, CALGARY
kvermeulen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 10:29 AM   #6

Trailer: 19 escape
We are also leaving tomorrow. Going down south, Oregon coast,California, Arizona and maybe more states
claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 09:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude View Post
We are also leaving tomorrow. Going down south, Oregon coast,California, Arizona and maybe more states
Weather forecast looks good. Will be in quartzsite for a while then tcson and other parts. May see u there.

ken and diana
ESCAPE #3, 19FT ON ORDER
KEN AND DIANA, CALGARY
Old 11-26-2015, 10:50 PM   #8

last minute delay. We will be leaving early next week.

Anna and Claude
Old 11-27-2015, 10:55 AM   #9

Don't hurry to Quartzite to get warm - it was down to 33°F last night & is only suppose to get into the high 50's & low 60's for the next couple of days. Still warmer than upstate NY, and it's "Dry Cold"!
Old 11-27-2015, 09:48 PM   #10

Am in butte mt today and the temp is -22 C , 50 TO 60 LOOKS pretty nice.
ken
ESCAPE #3, 19FT ON ORDER
KEN AND DIANA, CALGARY
Old 11-30-2015, 01:11 AM   #11

South to Arizona.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvermeulen View Post
We r leaving tomorrow for same areas. I guess its too early for u. Maybe see u down there. Have a good trip.

where r some of those good areas u speak of.

ken and diana
Hello Diana and Ken.

We can't leave just yet ! I can give you some info email me at summerlandokanagan@gmail.com and I will get back to you asap.

Have a safe trip.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:21 PM   #12

Trailer: 2011 19' Escape
Send a message via Skype™ to Abeltaine
We are leaving Dec 23.

Booked at lost Dutchman and Catalina until the 1st because we'll have our son and grandson in a tent with us. then... Seat of the pants and parking lots of the church I'm preaching at each weekend. Adventure!

(So... What are those "excellent camping spots" you mention? LOL)

We'll keep our eyes peeled for other Escapees --- would love to put faces to forum posts.

Amy and Thorne
Abeltaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:55 PM   #13

While I'm a long way from an expert on the AZ/CA area, I did find the La Paz County Park just north of Parker, AZ an inexpensive location. Water & Electric with a $10.00 pump out service. By the day, week, or month (by the month requires paying for electricity). Bathrooms with hot showers throughout the park & a bar next door with lunch & dinner specials that are pretty good. The bar floats on the Colorado River & some of the sites are on the river as well.

If you purchase an LTVA pass ($180.00 for September through April or $40.00 for 2 weeks & renewable as often as you need) you can stay at a number of campgrounds throughout the southern AZ/CA areas. Some have dump stations, water fill stations & most have dumpsters for trash. Info about the LTVA. My favorite LTVA is the Imperial Dam area just across the Colorado River in California. Nothing near by; Yuma is 30 miles southwest.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:59 PM   #14

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
How far out do you folks make reservations for these places? I saw that Dutchman and the other state parks have 12 month reservation windows. Are they like some of the national parks where you need to be on the pc trying to make reservation as soon as they come available for such? Shooting for Jan/Feb 2017.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:14 PM   #15

Going south............

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude View Post
Hi,

Send us an email so we may be able to meet !! Check the threads here for our email address !
Herman.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:20 PM   #16

Lost Dutchman..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
How far out do you folks make reservations for these places? I saw that Dutchman and the other state parks have 12 month reservation windows. Are they like some of the national parks where you need to be on the pc trying to make reservation as soon as they come available for such? Shooting for Jan/Feb 2017.
One could make reservations for Lost Dutchman but we managed to get in what they call the overflow area which turn out to be much nicer that the actually camp areas !!!! We also don't like to make reservations as we never know when and where we'll be .

Travel safe.

Herman.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:20 PM   #17

We are living for sure tomorrow. No reservation. We will be spending sometimes in Oregon, like Coos Bay.
The Santa Cruz, Monterey, Santa Barbara, San Diego and then Arizona. Anna likes painting so we might stay at some spot if she feel like painting the landscape
Old 12-01-2015, 01:52 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Hi Bob,
I made the reservations for Dutchman and Catalina two weeks ago for the week between Dec 27 and Jan 1. There were LOTS of spaces two months ago. And very few two weeks ago. So it seems that those two (which are very popular) fill up (for the holiday week anyway) a little more than one month ahead.

One data point anyway!
Amy
Old 12-01-2015, 01:56 AM   #19

Thanks for the LTVA tips!

Amy
Old 12-01-2015, 03:21 AM   #20

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeltaine View Post
Hi Bob,
I made the reservations for Dutchman and Catalina two weeks ago for the week between Dec 27 and Jan 1. There were LOTS of spaces two months ago. And very few two weeks ago. So it seems that those two (which are very popular) fill up (for the holiday week anyway) a little more than one month ahead.

One data point anyway!
Amy
Thanks, at least you didn't have to do it 11 months ago.