March16 & after planning ? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2017, 09:24 PM   #21

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Alright group... everyone knows what the EscapeForum is about. ETI builds, mods to trailers, etc. You wanna discuss the current political climate in the US... move along to some place else on the WWW.

Where is the first place you're going camping in 2017... if you haven't gotten out yet?
I dunno, Donna. I think concerns and issues about traveling between Canada, the U.S., and Mexico are fair and productive topics of conversation here. After all, we're all here to enhance our mobility.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:02 PM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
We just took a rainy drive down from Gilroy, CA on Monday. We noticed those signs for Pinnacles National park down around King City. Anyone been to the park? Looks like the only camping is accessed from the valley on the east side.
We camped there once; the talus caves are cool. Most visitors go to West Pinnacles for day use and hiking. The campground is in East Pinnacles and is much more remote.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:05 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Donna
We'll be staying pretty close to home until my oldest daughter delivers our second grandson in early May. That said we will be camping ( taking two cars so Rita can zip home if necessary) at Lacey-Keosaqua State park the last weekend in April. This park, in historic Van Buren County Iowa is home to Lake Sugema where I will defend my 2016 crappie champion title at a private tournament with about 40 contractor friends.
Dave,
I have fond memories of Keosaqua SP, us Parsonites would have picnics there in the springtime. Also remember go to Keokuk after a tornado attack and helping to clean up the damage while I was there. Iowa has such quaint little villages, very similar to Pennsylvania.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:14 AM   #24

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Steven, are you talking Custer State Park or the Little Big Horn battlefield where Custer made a tactical error and ended up in a " situation"? Either way if you want input let me know, we've been vacationing in Momtana, Wyoming and South Dakota since 1969.
Thanks. Both can be placed on my ramble back east. The planning is loose right now with some chance to firm it up late March early April.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:02 PM   #25

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven M View Post
Thanks. Both can be placed on my ramble back east. The planning is loose right now with some chance to firm it up late March early April.
Hopefully after your ramble you'll have time to come out to the Mississippi rally (oh wait that might have to be moved again if the park is closed)

Our first camping plans are a trip to our son's in Thunder Bay beginning of April, then in May a wander out to BC for the rally and a visit to the Island.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:10 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Our first camping trip for 2017--after our orientation on April 5 --will be spending the night of April 5 at Lynden KOA, then April 6 at Salt Creek Recreation Area, a small County park west Port Angeles, WA. From there we'll work our way down the coast to Portland.
garysd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:58 PM   #27
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
We were thinking of Nehalem (Oregon State Park) on the Oregon Coast for a few days but it's supposed to be snowing on the beach tomorrow....

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:05 PM   #28

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Go for it anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
Nehalem Les.jpg  
Old 03-05-2017, 10:27 AM   #29

Trailer: Escape 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Alright group... everyone knows what the EscapeForum is about. ETI builds, mods to trailers, etc. You wanna discuss the current political climate in the US... move along to some place else on the WWW.

Where is the first place you're going camping in 2017... if you haven't gotten out yet?
Thank you Donna !The atmosphere on this forum does not need to be a place of political posts..lets keep it positive and on point!
William Pittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:18 PM   #30

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
The Pinnacles is a beautiful park with a somewhat barren landscape. It has some great hiking, fascinating rock formations and interesting caves. It can be very warm in the summer months so plan accordingly. Check out TripAdvisor for tips as well as photos. (Note: If you're into wine, the Santa Lucia highlands has some great wineries: Santa Lucia Highlands | California Winemaking | Wine | Map | Santa Lucia Highlands)

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote