ok, no camper yet, but….. - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2014, 07:40 PM   #21

Trailer: looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Nice! I did it years ago, and I remember thinking "just how solid is this chain?"
Nah....not for me....I like to hike, but those heights are doozies! Love those photos! I work with JLG's and Sizzors lifts, but Angel's Landing looks a lot more difficult for this old man. That's the only thing good about getting old, I can use it for most excuses I need to get out of things! lol
BTW...you guys are great with all the info and pictures. We certainly appreciate it here.
Thanks EVERYONE!!!!
BigLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:26 PM   #22

Trailer: 2014 19' Named Bailey
I did that hike a few years ago and was shaking the whole time! It is quite a view, but dang it is scary getting there!
FishBioGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:53 PM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Of course not Jim. It's a stock photo. What I'd really like to see is Jon Vermilye's shots of the same place. His photos of Arches, Canyonlands, etc are superb.
Thanks for the plug, but I never quite made it to the top of Angels Landing during a 2011 visit. It was so crowded the day I went there that there was a 10 - 15 minute wait at each section of chain to avoid the crowd coming down. I did get as far as the last leg, and gave up in frustration. I wish I had as dramatic a sky in my images of the climb.

I hiked the Narrows (in the Virgin River) is 2012. Zion 2012

One last point. If you go to Arches (and you should) also take a visit to Dead Horse Point State Park & Canyonlands. Both have some great views without any hiking. Of course, they also have some great hikes!
Attached Thumbnails
ASD_0162.jpg  
Old 07-23-2014, 08:55 PM   #24
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
Thanks for the plug, but I never quite made it to the top of Angels Landing during a 2011 visit. It was so crowded the day I went there that there was a 10 - 15 minute wait at each section of chain to avoid the crowd coming down. I did get as far as the last leg, and gave up in frustration. I wish I had as dramatic a sky in the my images of the climb.

I hiked the Narrows (in the Virgin River) is 2012. Zion 2012
Doesn't matter Jon. Again, great photo!
Old 07-23-2014, 10:11 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Years ago we tented at Bryce Canyon. Never before or since have we seen such a beautiful night sky with the stars. We talk about it to this day. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:30 PM   #26
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
Years ago we tented at Bryce Canyon. Never before or since have we seen such a beautiful night sky with the stars. We talk about it to this day. Loren
So true. Having grown up in Utah, and spending many a summer night just looking at the Milky Way, when I moved down south I thought "where did the stars go?"
Old 07-23-2014, 11:38 PM   #27

Trailer: 2012 15A
One of the many things I look forward to when going camping is the night sky with all the stars. If you stay in the city you do forget just what a star filled night is. Jasper Alberta is another great place we like to go that is great for star watching. And one of the benefits of not having a toilet in our 15A is that you get to go for late night walks under the stars - priceless! Of course on rainy nights the walk is not nearly as interesting!
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:44 AM   #28

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
It is beautiful there. I would like to go and do one of their guided full moon hikes. I bet that the moonlight puts a wonderful perspective on the cool terrain.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:50 AM   #29

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
In Yosemite on a full moon night there is a ranger held get together explaining all the sights in the valley, plenty of oohs and aahs and sighs.