Opinions about better Campgrounds ?? - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-18-2015, 05:37 PM   #81

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
filling?
Old 12-18-2015, 06:49 PM   #82

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
So now I'm thinking about what would be uncomfortable to a woman new to camping as well as what would make her love it. Since I have friends who would NEVER camp, I think I understand some of the issues.

I would think the most important thing is to have destinations that are inspiring, scenic, special, whatever but stay elsewhere. Like if you're visiting the Badlands, you don't have to stay IN the Badlands, but you can stay next to it in an RV park with hookups and restaurants nearby, and in the day you can visit the sights and at night be somewhere less rustic.

As for what would be a camping turnoff: Going to the women's bathroom in the middle of the night comes to mind. I don't mind the walk there -- I'm not afraid of meeting up with critters, although I know women who'd be afraid of meeting up with a large bear or an elk, and truth to tell, that could happen in a woodsy campground. I just don't like going inside the building when no one else is up and about.

Then there's insects -- Private campgrounds are probably more apt to spray -- I'm a little hypocritical -- I don't approve of chemical sprays, but being at a campground where there are no mosquitoes is occasionally a guilty pleasure.

A relative of mine would be petrified of wildlife. So if you go to the Tetons you stay in the RV park in the most built up section and when you hike you only go on hikes where there will be a fair amount of people.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote