Orientation/Pickup Days - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2015, 12:44 PM   #1

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Orientation/Pickup Days

I know its still 7 months out for us to pick up our trailer, but I'm trying to get our trip planned out (at least on paper) so we might can start booking reservations at places like Yellowstone and Mount Rushmore, as well as other State/National/Private camps on our way back.

One thing I keep forgetting to ask Escape is do they do orientation/pickup days 5 days a week? And do they do more than 1 a day?

Our trailer is scheduled to be completed on a Wednesday and I know that it can be picked up after that day, but don't know if they would do a Friday orientation/pickup, if that's when we could be there.

Might make a difference in how we plan the trip, if there are certain days they don't schedule the pickups. Thanks for your input!
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 12:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
The good folks at ETI will be your best source for answers about scheduling pickup dates. I think the rest of us will be guessing. (We had ours scheduled before we realized it was a Canadian holiday. I called to see if we should wait until the next day. Tammy laughed and said that she and Reace would there working anyway so it didn't matter.)

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 02:00 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
ETI willl give you the first available orientation slot (they do more than 1 a day at times) but you can reschedule for a later date if you wish. Some leave there trailer there for weeks after completion if they can't schedule it into their working lives.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 03:06 PM   #4

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
I believe they do up to three orientations per day. When it was nearing completion, they discussed pickup/orientation with me and tried to accommodate my needs.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:34 PM   #5

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Thanks for the replies! Appreciate it!
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 05:57 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Three a day, except on Friday there are just two. Ours was at 8:00 a.m. on a Friday. We spent the night before in a motel in Chilliwack. Check with ETI if you're going to do that because there are a couple of hotels that give ETI customers a price break. (Comfort Inn, where we stayed, wasn't one of them. We chose it because they were okay with us having our two dogs with us, but Barb said at our orientation that at least one of their "preferred" hotels also accepts pets. WHO KNEW?)

Of course, 7 months from now things may have evolved, so discussing with ETI is good advice.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:06 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Sooner or later ETI may take over a local motel and make your orientation and pick up a seamless operation.........
Old 11-09-2015, 06:26 AM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
When I sent my build sheet in, I asked for the first orientation of the day. I knew it was unlikely I'd sleep much the night before (and I didn't!). If I had to wait until afternoon for orientation, I'd be a puddle. Fortunately, it worked out for me.

So I'd suggest you ask for what you want, and then be adaptable.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 09:10 AM   #9

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
With the two teenagers we asked for an 11am so we could feed the "crew" before we went to orientation and it was no problem with ETI to schedule the time and day. We did schedule the time and day pretty far out since we already had our schedule and reservations at the BW next door to ETI. With the number of trailers coming out probably the earlier you get ur date/time request in the better, but they are very accommodating.
Hopefully, there will be no puddles having to wait till 11.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 06:27 PM   #10

Trailer: 2015 19 foot
When we got our trailer, we had an 11:00 appointment. We learned that there were no other appointments that day, and we asked for them to move up the time, which they did. We got our orientation started at about 9:30.
bdornbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:50 AM   #11

Trailer: 19' towed by a 4Runner
Give them a call, slots fill up fast. I seem to recall Friday's later appointments are for Canadians only, no imports.
GRINGOandTICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:35 PM   #12

Trailer: 2016 21 Escape "Wishbone", 2017 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Sooner or later ETI may take over a local motel and make your orientation and pick up a seamless operation.........
Or a combo motel/rv location for shakedown/proving like they do with aircraft carriers.