Picking up 21, finally - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2016, 12:37 PM   #11

Trailer: 2016 ESCAPE 21
Well, we picked the 21 up this past Monday, hung out in Canada for three days to see if we had any issues to get taken care of at the factory, then crossed down into Cascade National park. The whole pickup was naturally easy and the border crossing (twice each way) was easier than expected. Canada did not ask for any papers on our dogs (which we had) and crossings every time we're under five minutes.

Thanks again to all on the forum for a years worth of information.

Yahoooo... We have out trailer.

thumper-tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 12:43 PM   #12

Trailer: 1997 casita & 5.0 ta July,2016
Congratulations!!

dmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:36 PM   #13

Trailer: Looking for the hard to find Escape 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper-tx View Post
The whole pickup was naturally easy and the border crossing (twice each way) was easier than expected. Canada did not ask for any papers on our dogs (which we had) and crossings every time we're under five minutes.
What paperwork did you have regarding your dogs? We have been told we needed a complete list of shots and a letter from the vet stating the dogs are in good health.

Congrats on the 21.
Lv4toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 06:19 PM   #14

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Congrats Viron!

Hope to see you out there someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2016, 06:47 PM   #15

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Congratulations!! Enjoy!!
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:40 PM   #16

Trailer: 2016 ESCAPE 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv4toys View Post
What paperwork did you have regarding your dogs? We have been told we needed a complete list of shots and a letter from the vet stating the dogs are in good health.

Congrats on the 21.
We had forms from vet that indicated the dogs were healthy , I think they were marked interstate travel forms. The forms listed the rabies vaccination date, serial number of the serum as well as maker and how long it was effective. I believe Canada's website says the rabies info is all you have to have. However some have posted that they were asked for proof of other shots. A lot may depend on the border guard, and his/her mood.

If you cross at sumas, it seems the guards on both sides are familiar with Escape Trailers and understand what you are doing.
thumper-tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:56 PM   #17

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper-tx View Post
If you cross at sumas, it seems the guards on both sides are familiar with Escape Trailers and understand what you are doing.

Yep, and getting more familiar with seeing Escapes every day. At this rate, they may have to put in an "Escape Trailers Only" lane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2016, 10:44 PM   #18

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Yep, and getting more familiar with seeing Escapes every day. At this rate, they may have to put in an "Escape Trailers Only" lane.
When I cross over to do a quick visit to ETI the border guards have, for the most part, known what I was talking about. If you get Officer Troutman when going into Canada, he's super knowledgeable and very gung-ho on the trailers. He really likes the 15' and would love to have one himself.

Last time I went up, coming back home, the officer asked how long I was there (he could see when I crossed over and was just double checking my story, I'm sure). I had already told him I was going up to check something out in their new trailer. When I told him I was there 20 mins, he just laughed. Probably the shortest visit made by anyone going up there!

Course, now that I've said all this, I'll probably get searched and all that the next time I go up.

I know the OP has already picked up their trailer, but for those that haven't done so, if you're taking anything up to ETI for your trailer, Officer Troutman told me I need to bring the receipts with me, as well as the ordering information (ie: your build sheet with prices) from ETI. That way they'll know that what you're bringing up will be installed in the trailer and will be coming back across the border to stay. And it's not something that you're bringing into Canada that will stay there.

Fingers crossed he'll be "my guy" when I take stuff to ETI for the trailer, but no such luck last week. If so, it'll be a piece of cake!
Old 06-26-2016, 10:50 PM   #19

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 pulled by a 2010 Highlander Anderson hitch,
When we crossed at Sumas in May, the Canadian guard asked us 15 questions. 14 were about the Escape
and how we liked it. The single other question " what's your name and where are you from? That's it. Other crossings were pretty painless the last few years. We have an SUV and they have all instructed us to roll down the rear seat drivers side window so they can see in the back. Next question: Hunting dog eh?
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:04 PM   #20

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
When we crossed at Sumas in May, the Canadian guard asked us 15 questions. 14 were about the Escape
and how we liked it.
I wonder if you got Officer Troutman! That sounds like exactly what he and I chatted about when I crossed over.