Planning a couple of days between Chilliwack and Glacier - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2019, 11:30 AM   #21

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Rossue, you are right, it is a good road into the park, but once you head up the North Fork Rd several miles it gets very interesting....we pulled our camper up many years ago but you have to take it slowly. Since then, we camp at Fish Creek and drive up for the day. The scenery is beautiful, though, and we have seen lots of wildlife (including a wolf) on that road.
Treblemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 09:39 AM   #22

Trailer: , Bigfoot 25B25RT, previously 2019 Escape 21, and Castia sd17
Happy to see this thread getting some love again! I have been carefully watching the highway department web sites. Things are starting to look up in Washington state. They have started to clear rt20 through the Northern Cascades a bit earlier than last year.
buellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 05:48 PM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by buellfire View Post
Happy to see this thread getting some love again! I have been carefully watching the highway department web sites. Things are starting to look up in Washington state. They have started to clear rt20 through the Northern Cascades a bit earlier than last year.
My favorite road across Washington. I've done both 2 & 20, and each has its plusses, but I prefer 20.

If you get the chance take WA 542 (the Mount Baker Highway) on the north side of the cascades to Artist's Point. While a good road, I'd leave the trailer unless you manage to reserve a site at Silver Fir or Douglas Fir Campgrounds. They often don't open until the end of May and are difficult to reserve. When exploring the area I usually stay in Silver Lake Park near Maple Falls at the start of the highway.
Attached Thumbnails
_JRV7879.jpg  
Old 04-01-2019, 05:54 PM   #24

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
There's no place like Glacier.
Attached Thumbnails
GlacierNP-002.jpg   Glacier01.jpg   Glacier-0003.jpg   Glacier-0006.jpg  
Old 04-02-2019, 08:44 AM   #25

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
So true, last time we were there in a Casita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
There's no place like Glacier.
Always beautiful. We were there last during the horrible fires of 2017. The fires got close enough to Fish Creek Campground that we had ash all over everything. Some of the gorgeous views were too smoky to get good photos that trip. We were able to explore quite a bit but some areas were closed and evacuated during our stay.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0369.JPG   IMG_5930a.jpg  
Treblemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:12 AM   #26

Trailer: , Bigfoot 25B25RT, previously 2019 Escape 21, and Castia sd17
Great pictures! I am leaving on our journey 4 weeks from tomorrow, hard to believe its here.
buellfire is offline   Reply With Quote