Recent Yellowstone - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2018, 11:18 AM   #1

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Recent Yellowstone

September 2018: All first come first served campgrounds in Yellowstone were filled, even at 8 am. The good news is at park entrances they hand you a hand-out listing all the outside the park campgrounds, big and small. I found the best one for me 2 miles from the West Entrance. Bakers Hole campground. In the Custer Gallatin National Forest, no hookups, $8/night with the Golden Age Pass. No problem, and there’s a small super market in town.

This late, Yellowstone is preparing for winter and road repair work has begun, several park campgrounds are already either closed or under re-construction, and the next snow is on the way. Yet, there's plenty of visiting in progress.

June 1991 we rented a van in Great Falls and drove to Glacier NP, had a great couple days at the totally awesome, marvelous Many Glacier Hotel. Instead of the very cool 1930’s red tour cars we opted to drive ourselves over the Going to the Sun Road, stopped to watch mountain goats crossing, wildflowers, hiked to a glacier, camped at Apgar. I would do that over and over again in a heartbeat if I could. There was road traffic but nothing serious, maybe because it was June and they had just cleared the summit road from a winter’s avalanche. Now wondering if the place, like Yellowstone, is getting over-run to near intolerable, because of popularity. Oddly enough, during my late September trip to Yellowstone this year I didn’t see a single yellow tour car.

I should also mention that the Grand Tetons and, Jackson Hole should not be missed.
Attached Thumbnails
WYel8.jpg   OldFaithful.jpg   YellLodge.jpg   TetonMoon3.jpg  
Old 10-29-2018, 12:46 PM   #2

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Very nice, Myron! We were at Yellowstone, Glacier, and Grand Tetons in September also. We were lucky to grab reservations about a year ago. Here is our hideaway at Canyon Village, YNP:
Attached Thumbnails
8D3563A7-67DE-465F-8AD8-E4CF83D7A76E.jpg  

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 02:14 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Thanks and thank goodness for 4 wheels. Believe it or not I just noticed something I totally forgot to do.
Attached Thumbnails
BakersHoNo.jpg  
Old 10-29-2018, 06:51 PM   #4

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Thanks and thank goodness for 4 wheels. Believe it or not I just noticed something I totally forgot to do.
Don’t worry! I’d forget my head, too......if’n it wasn’t screwed on........

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote