Shopping and packing for Chilliwack? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2015, 08:06 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisonbill View Post
If you're getting a water hose, go with 50'. Not all campgrounds, particularly on the east coast, have the water and electric where they should be.
Or buy two 25' hoses and then you only use what you need when you need it. Nothing worse than needing to clean off a really long hose that's being laying in the mud... don't ask me how I know...
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 08:38 PM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
In addition to a reasonably high quality mechanical torque wrench, I also carry a 2 foot long breaker bar, which uses the same socket as the torque wrench. Leverage is often important when trying to loosen lug nuts. Have never used one of those electronic torque adapters, but they look interesting. Don't forget to be certain the jack for your tow vehicle will work on the trailer frame, or else carry a separate one. Since I now have a dual axle trailer, I bought one of the Anderson lifters that will get both wheels off the ground.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:48 PM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Or buy two 25' hoses and then you only use what you need when you need it. Nothing worse than needing to clean off a really long hose that's being laying in the mud... don't ask me how I know...
Beat me to the punch, Donna. I would definitely do this (and have), as at least 90% of the time you only need one hose. My extra hose sits deep, deep into storage, along with the 30A extension cable, and sewer hose extension.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 09:35 PM   #24

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisonbill View Post
If you're getting the Anderson hitch, you'll need either a large adjustable wrench or 3/8 in ratchet (they give you the socket, not sure what size)
I believe that's a 1/2" drive ratchet, not 3/8"...
Andersen hitch - nut size?
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 01:04 AM   #25

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21 - Audi Q7
We carry a 10 ft and a 25 foot water hose. The 10 almost always works and is soooooooo much easier to stow. As to the Anderson hitch, using a ratcheting 1 1/4 wrench is a lot easier than using the socket (I know this because I used the socket on one side and hubby used the wrench on the other and I didn't want to complain but wasn't happy about it). We now have two ratcheting wrenches and as you know, two is one and one is none!

Hubby said that both of us don't have to put on the Anderson but I say we're in this together and need both brains functioning at all times — two is one and one is none!
Old 07-21-2015, 08:03 AM   #26

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
We also carry a 10 and a 25 ft hose for potable water.