SoCalif Winds - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2017, 06:05 PM   #21

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Am thinking of hitching up and skeedaddling! Just not sure where....
Ross except for the smoke behind you , sure is a nice sanctuary you have there . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 06:28 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Ross except for the smoke behind you , sure is a nice sanctuary you have there . Pat
I agree, Pat. We have to drive 150 mi. for Montana De Oro or Morro Bay S.P., and Ross can walk or bike there. My in-laws lived in Los Osos in the 70''s-90's, so we got to go visit there a lot. It is beautiful. Way to go, Ross & Sue!
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 07:45 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt View Post
We live in Southern California. We have a 21 on order that we will pick up in May. We currently have a Lance 1575 trailer. We plan on keeping our Lance until April so we can continue to camp while we wait for our Escape 21. Those plans almost changed yesterday. We store our trailer about a mile from our house at a friends place who lives on 3 acres. One of the many fires burning in So Cal swept through his neighborhood burning many houses. The fire burned through part of my friends property before an air tanker dropped a load of fire retardant on the flames saving his house and my trailer. I would have been really bummed if my friend lost his house or if my Lance would have burned up. If it would have been our new Escape 21 parked at my friends house I would have been a basket case.
Very scary. You can use your trailer to get out of there if need be.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:00 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Winds were calm this morning . They came back and no blue sky's here . Hope I can go to government building on Monday ? Taxes . Pat
Hope you have no problem with that. I also like to go in person. Maybe you could do it another way such as online. I hope the smoke stays clear of you.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:35 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Hope you have no problem with that. I also like to go in person. Maybe you could do it another way such as online. I hope the smoke stays clear of you.
Nay no online for me Cathy . I like to hand it over in person . Pat
Old 12-10-2017, 11:33 PM   #26

Quote:
Nay no online for me Cathy . I like to hand it over in person . Pat
I agree. I'm always nervous about that one in a million chance that the (gov.) post office sorting machine shreds mine, and their on-line procedures are a work in progress. I went in last week.

About that plume: it was behind the south end of Montecito, so the plume was 50+ miles from you, Pat. It's pretty well done with us in Ventura County, but is now racing through Santa Barbara foothill and mountain areas that haven't burned in 100 years. 230,000 acres and growing.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:57 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
I agree. I'm always nervous about that one in a million chance that the (gov.) post office sorting machine shreds mine. I went in last week, and their on-line procedures are a work in progress.

About that plume: it was behind the south end of Montecito, so the plume was 50+ miles from you, Pat. It's pretty well done with us in Ventura County, but is now racing through Santa Barbara foothill and mountain areas that haven't burned in 100 years. 230,000 acres and growing.
Hey Don glad to hear I am not the only one .
We are glad we don't need to worry about "Thomas" anymore but we are saddened to hear about this fire moving and causing more destruction . This is so sad to hear . Wish it would just rain right now and knock this fire out . Enough already ! Pat
Old 12-11-2017, 12:19 AM   #28
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I've been watching the news about the fires in California for several days. No words... no words can possible explain how I'm so very saddened by it. Our Gorge fire that's burned since Sept. 2 was just fully contained last week. Such tragedy. Everyone, please be safe...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:32 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I've been watching the news about the fires in California for several days. No words... no words can possible explain how I'm so very saddened by it. Our Gorge fire that's burned since Sept. 2 was just fully contained last week. Such tragedy. Everyone, please be safe...
Donna Sept 2 my birthday . I hope this fire " Thomas " doesn't last this long even close to that . It was 15 % contained now it is 10% . We were checking out Carpeteria State campground 2 weeks ago and were disturbed how bad shape the campground was in . Dry and dead trees and neglected . Use to take kids there many years ago and it was very nice . The campground host told us they are not allowed to water the plants and trees .Pat
Old 12-16-2017, 11:55 AM   #30

Dec. 16 - A.M.: CA-101 is now closed in southern Santa Barbara County due to Thomas Fire flare-up. CA-101 north is closed at Seacliff, to facilitate evacuation traffic. Tanker spill at Turnpike Rd. in Goleta. Winds are picking up again. Fire is threatening Montecito. If you're coming south, cross over to I-5 at Paso Robles. Coming north, take I-5, not 101.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:13 PM   #31

Quote:
Dec. 16 - A.M.: CA-101 is now closed in southern Santa Barbara County due to Thomas Fire flare-up. CA-101 north is closed at Seacliff, to facilitate evacuation traffic. Tanker spill at Turnpike Rd. in Goleta. Winds are picking up again. Fire is threatening Montecito. If you're coming south, cross over to I-5 at Paso Robles. Coming north, take I-5, not 101.
Don here when winds died down the smoke is covering our Valley . Now the winds are starting up again and it is helping a little . I read this morning this fire is not going to be contained until the 7 th of Jan .We try to stay inside because the air is so bad . Ps taxes paid . Pat
Old 12-16-2017, 01:11 PM   #32

Quote:
Don here when winds died down the smoke is covering our Valley . Now the winds are starting up again and it is helping a little . I read this morning this fire is not going to be contained until the 7 th of Jan .We try to stay inside because the air is so bad . Ps taxes paid . Pat
Pat,
Yes, Ventura County has a respite from winds, today only. Tomorrow the east winds return with high velocity gusts. Just listening to NatWeatherServ. 11:10 - 29 mph steady with gusts much higher, right now in Montecito.
Old 12-16-2017, 01:20 PM   #33

Quote:
Pat,
Yes, Ventura County has a respite from winds, today only. Tomorrow the east winds return with high velocity gusts. Just listening to NatWeatherServ. 11:10 - 29 mph steady with gusts much higher, right now in Montecito.
Calmer last night for us that is when the smoke really moved in covering the valley .so for those affected with the fires though because of the winds. Really wish this would all stop .after government went back on the 101 and went as far as Carp . Saw where fire jumped on the ocean side etc. In Ventura didn't even try to find damage especially the hospital because I would of cried . This is so sad for so many , we really haven't much to complain about . Pat
Old 12-16-2017, 01:55 PM   #34

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Praying for you all down there. We left Thursday when the drift smoke returned. Veterans Memorial Park c.g. in Monterey is wide open with clear skies.
Attached Thumbnails
20171215_075524.jpg  
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 02:07 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Praying for you all down there. We left Thursday when the drift smoke returned. Veterans Memorial Park c.g. in Monterey is wide open with clear skies.
Thanks, Ross & Sue.
Glad you have escaped the smoke. NASA photos show that it is over SLO, Osos Valley, and Morro Bay.