Travel from missouri to chillwack - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2018, 02:29 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Travel from missouri to chillwack

We are planning a road trip to pick up our 5.0 on August 29. Any advice on travel route and where to stay. We are having Tradmasters install our 5th wheel hitch on the 28th.
Bob and Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 05:51 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Are you traveling with pets? That made us change our route since KOA's would not allow pets without an extra fee, whereas Motel 6 was pet friendly as was Best Western, right next to Escape's factory in Chilliwack.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:09 PM   #3

Trailer: April 2016 21' "Ramble On"
We traveled from Lincoln NE to Chilliwack during June 2016 to pick up our 21'. If you have pets, I suggest looking for La Quinta Inns as they are very pet friendly. The nite before orientation we stayed at the La Quinta in Bellingham WA. Orientation day consisted of dropping our dogs at Lynden Vet Hospital where they spend the day. Nice people, they also let us keep a cooler of food there so we wouldn't have to hassle with the food or dogs at the border crossing. Orientation, then back to KOA at Lynden. Get a pull thru site. We made the mistake of getting a grass site by the lake..... tracked in grass like crazy.

Another tip to beat Seattle traffic ... come down thru Fidalgo Island to Fort Casey (Deception Point Park is super nice). Take the ferry across to Port Townsend. Then drive down just east of Olympic National Park (we did not have the time to stop, but want to get back there someday). We camped on the coast and Cape Disappointment WA and Nahalem Bay OR before heading back east. If you go this route, be sure to stop at Canon Beach OR. Stopped at Deschutes River State Recreation Area OR and Three Island Crossing State Park ID. Last night before home was a Walmart in Cheyenne WY .... Hope this helps.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:43 PM   #4

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Thanks for info, yes we will have a pet with us. We were wondering if you spent any time camping in BC before heading home. About how many hours a day do you try to drive. We usually try to drive no more than 8 hours or so.
Bob and Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:58 AM   #5

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
We took I-70 to the Denver area and the bypass north to Fort Collins. We visited some friends in FC. Then took 287 out of FC to Laramie, WY and then 130 as a scenic route through the Medicine Bow mountains. This connects with I-80 W towards Salt Lake City and connects with I-84 that heads NW through Idaho and Oregon to I-82 that connects with I-90 W into the Seattle area.
Connect with the 405 N in Bellevue to head up to I-5 and Bellingham, WA to get you to Sumas, WA and the border.
I-90/405 is a mess if you hit rush hour. Make sure you get there late morning.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:17 PM   #6

Trailer: April 2016 21' "Ramble On"
Hey Bob and Susie:

Unfortunately, we did not get to spend any time in BC.

We wanted a more leisurely pace on the return and tried to keep the first 4-5 days to no more than 4-6 hours. Oregon coast is beautiful. We had planned to stop at the Tetons on the way back but we both got colds and just gutted it out on the last couple of days where we went from Glenns Ferry to Cheyenne (10 hrs) and then from Cheyenne to home (7 hours).