Vermont- come east - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2016, 05:34 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 wildcat 29bhbp
Vermont- come east

If any of you come east, and need ideas, help or info, let me know. I was born and lived all over Maine, Massachusetts- Boston and Cape Cod. I went to Northfield University and camp all over Vt. So I'll help you if I can.i can also tell you campgrounds that I would it would have second thoughts about visiting again. burlington Vermont has everything and a beautiful ocean like beach, marina that has all kinds of events...the best food in the country...unless I find better!
Kathyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:04 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Hi Kathy, I'm an easterner too -- for the first time in a long time we'll be camping in the east this summer -- Thousand Islands -- Also -- 43 years ago my about to be husband and I eloped and got married in Hoosick Falls.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:33 PM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathyp View Post
If any of you come east, and need ideas, help or info, let me know. I was born and lived all over Maine, Massachusetts- Boston and Cape Cod. I went to Northfield University and camp all over Vt. So I'll help you if I can.i can also tell you campgrounds that I would it would have second thoughts about visiting again. burlington Vermont has everything and a beautiful ocean like beach, marina that has all kinds of events...the best food in the country...unless I find better!
Can you comment on Crown Point Campground in Perkinsville VT? It looks beautiful online. I would actually like to come up during the winter/spring for some skiing and it is the only year-round campground I could find. Thanks.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:43 PM   #4

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
Kathy - we will definitely take you up on your kind offer to share your knowledge- when I retire in 20 months we will do some east coast travel - my daughter lives in Boston and her in laws are in Vermont! I loved visiting Vermont a couple years ago - absolutely idyllic! Can you suggest any campgrounds in the Boston area?
Old 07-12-2016, 10:14 PM   #5

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21 "BE NICE"
Hello, We are taking off mid August on a six plus month trip and will be on the east coast in September and October as we work our way south. Love to hear more about your suggestions and will follow your posts. We attended the Escape rendevous in Canada and got a start on places to visit and hope to add to the list.
dbawden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 02:42 AM   #6

Wow, didn't think anyone knew or had " close" encounters with Hoosick Falls.
I actually get down in the town maybe once or less a month. East Hoosick is an entirely different area. Well Hoosick proved it offered you a chance for loves longevity. We actually and quite by accident ended up here. A Sunday ride, and having just sold our last home renovator, we came upon this quite abandoned and overgrown farm. Manny years of back breaking work, tears and some very interesting experiences have brought us to yet a new chapter. To keep it or not....that is the question. Who knows!
Old 07-14-2016, 02:50 AM   #7

October is a spectacular time, really the best time to visit New England. My favorite road trip is heading up to St. Albans , Vt. Crossing East to Jay peak and then wandering down East over the Kangamangus Highway through Maine. We have family property on Rangeley Lake which is a great destination. It is not your commercial, over crowded vacation spot. Still old family camps, a very quants village with however a couple of nice resterants . Then head north to Arcadia. Take a trip on a sailing vessel, and your all set.
Blueberry picking is great in the Moosalamoo region of Vermont as you head up North over 7.
Oh how I love to share New England, that is, the old and the quaint.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:01 AM   #8

Regarding campgrounds in Boston area. I am not into the only elbow room between sites, kind of camping. However Normandy Farms is the better of any I think near the City. It is dependent on how much time you want in the city. I have spent many years going back and forth. My daughter went to grad school there, my mother lived in the Prudential Center during her later years. If you camp north, even into the lower Maine area near Kittery or Portsmouth, NH you can get to the city very quickly. I will tell you, my very favorite place with just about everything to do and down East to experience is Portsmouth , NH. Look at your maps, decide what you like and I'll give you some tips.
Another direction is head way up into Maine to the real wilderness of Moosehead Region. Just beautiful areas.
Oh, if you head through New Hampshire, towards Maine from Southeast to North a campground called Danforth Bay is quite large, family owned but we'll run. Lake Ossipee region. Not far to Mt. Washington too.
Old 07-14-2016, 01:20 PM   #9

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Can you comment on Crown Point Campground in Perkinsville VT? It looks beautiful online. I would actually like to come up during the winter/spring for some skiing and it is the only year-round campground I could find. Thanks.
Kathy,
Not sure if you saw this. Can you comment on Crown Point Camping Area in Perkinsville? Thanks.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 02:27 PM   #10

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
We have stayed at both Normandy Farms and Danforth Bay (numerous times). Both are very nice campgrounds, but be aware, at least with Danforth Bay, sites during the summer months and even in the fall are really hard to get. Danforth Bay has a lot of park models, and seasonals so the transient sites are snapped up quickly. But the sites are spacious and nice. Most are away from the park model areas. Also be aware that they are not cheap. I blogged about Danforth on my Casita blog, but be forewarned...there is a lot of blather and jaberwocky (which can be my style, admittedly), but it does have pictures of that and a few other New England campgrounds.

Casita Camping...and Camping...and Casitas
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 02:58 PM   #11

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanj04011 View Post
We have stayed at both Normandy Farms and Danforth Bay (numerous times). Both are very nice campgrounds, but be aware, at least with Danforth Bay, sites during the summer months and even in the fall are really hard to get. Danforth Bay has a lot of park models, and seasonals so the transient sites are snapped up quickly. But the sites are spacious and nice. Most are away from the park model areas. Also be aware that they are not cheap. I blogged about Danforth on my Casita blog, but be forewarned...there is a lot of bather and jaberwocky (which can be my style, admittedly), but it does have pictures of that and a few other New England campgrounds.

Casita Camping...and Camping...and Casitas
Normandy Farms is usually booked solid too, great place for folks with kids.