We're in Chillowack - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2014, 12:13 PM   #21

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Sandra L

Yeah well there's a new sheriff in town!!
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:20 PM   #22

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
You got that right.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:25 PM   #23

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
So we are in Banff. Have put the border crossing behind us. The sink doesn't leak. I read the manual on the subject of condensation and am making it my life's work to prevent it. The frig works great, but isn't getting any challenges considering it's so cold. Yesterday we were very thankful to have a small trailer. I can't believe the tiny space we had to put the trailer in Two Jack Lakeside. The site is wonderful -- on the lake, but lots of trees and a picnic table presented a challenge. However we did great.

We are figuring out the storage as we go. I miss those two shelves we eliminated due to the large frig, but we are filling the frig to the max, so you win some you lose some. The furnace works great -- and we are surprised to be using it so often. We almost never used the Airstream furnace -- this is a lot easier and quieter. Because it's so cold and raining so much we're cooking mostly inside -- another surprise -- and I like the two burner and having everything so close. I am looking forward to sunshine though -- and it's nice when there's a campground sink.

I posted pictures of folks at the Escape factory on my blog

RuthMatilskyworld.wordpress.com It's funny how little things are so important. That side to side sliding table is great for us and Terry is particularly surprised at how comfortable he is on the bench seat. We are using two queen sized bed pillows -- one on each side -- and it works well. We're putting up lots of hooks and when I have time I'll search the forum for ideas on bathroom holders for toothbrushes, etc.

We are finally slowing down -- which is good because not only are we trying to see Canada, but we're still getting used to the trailer.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:57 PM   #24

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
LOVE your blog, Ruth. You and the rest of your family and friends will enjoy your chronical for years to come.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:08 PM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Your blog is wonderful! Thanks so very much for sharing your travels and sense of humor with the rest of us. MAKE MEMORIES!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:31 PM   #26

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
New post at RuthMatilskyWorld.wordpress.com The trailer's doing fine. Still have a leak from the counter -- it's not the pipes. Seems to have gone from the stove, when we spilled bean liquid there. Solar panels started kicking in once we had a sunny spot.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:00 PM   #27
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Oh POO. Both sides of the NW area we speak English and everyone get's their undies in a KNOT. But still, we are FOREIGN countries and must pay attention to the rules of each country. Be kind, be polite and be patient. That's the best way and the NEW NORMAL of international travel.
That's true, Donna. When you cross into Canada you need to remember it's a sovereign foreign country, even though everything is similar -- including the language. Nobody forces you to cross, so the best policy is to be OVERLY polite and patient. So you get to the campground a few minutes later -- no biggie.
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote