What's Out Your Back Window? - Page 75 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2020, 12:06 AM   #1481

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Padlin', just pretend that lawn mower is a generator.
Old 06-12-2020, 12:38 AM   #1482

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
There's been nothing but water views out my windows for the past 10 days. Went fishing at 4 different lakes in the Cariboo.

The drive up was uneventful. Our friends were 15 minutes behind us going up the Fraser canyon. Seems like a car went by them at a crazy speed, went around a corner, lost control and took out a high tension tower. The wire came down and was left hanging a few feet from the road. So they arrived about 3 hours later than us. We sometimes say "timing is everything."

Despite the drive up, including some slow going on forestry service roads there was still time to head out fishing from my kayak before it got too dark. Fishing was very good. Came home with the allowable limit in the freezer. Love that freezer.

It was fun to do a little portage to another semi connected lake and navigating through the reeds added another dimension. We had to pole our way until the passage opened up.

People ask how Gertie likes the trailer. The answer is that if the treats keep falling from the sky like they do at home she loves the trailer.

Ron
Hi Gertie ! Oh hi Ron and Michell ! Looks like you are having a great ! Pat and Linda
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 08:04 AM   #1483

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Again not out the back window, Land Between the Lakes, Hillman Ferry Campground. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200610_185748.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	47675
Old 06-12-2020, 11:42 AM   #1484

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Hi Pat and Linda,

Yes the whole trip went well. Most of the places we were at were remote and didn't have any links to the outside world. What a nice change. Bit of a shock to come back and see the news stories on TV were the same as the ones before we left.

We wondered what reception we'd get in the small towns we stopped at for gas etc. No negatives at all.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 12:36 PM   #1485

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Hi Pat and Linda,

Yes the whole trip went well. Most of the places we were at were remote and didn't have any links to the outside world. What a nice change. Bit of a shock to come back and see the news stories on TV were the same as the ones before we left.

We wondered what reception we'd get in the small towns we stopped at for gas etc. No negatives at all.

Ron
Sounds like a great trip! Yes the news can really get you down .Can’t go camping here , just doing projects around the home . Have one more to do in trailer as soon as I change the blade in tablesaw .Even having to get a new blade is a major production. We keep hoping for a light at end of tunnel soon . We are so glad you got away ! Pat and Linda
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 01:55 PM   #1486

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Quote:
Fishing was very good. Came home with the allowable limit in the freezer. Love that freezer....It was fun to do a little portage to another semi connected lake and navigating through the reeds added another dimension. We had to pole our way until the passage opened up....Ron
Love your photos, Ron! Though the ecosystem and foliage are certainly different, they remind me of vacation days fishing with my father near Hobucken, North Carolina, where he was born. Your third photo brings to mind the narrow waterways from my grandmother's house, through the creeks and canals, and on to the Pamlico Sound, where the fish and crab were plentiful. In those days, one of our two freezers held enough shrimp, crab, and fish for at least one seafood meal each week for our family of seven to enjoy. I didn't appreciate the gift of those experiences nearly as much as I've come to so am glad for the memories your photos provoke! Glad you and your friends made it safely there and back!

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:54 PM   #1487

Yes, definitively a different ecosystem although many of the animals are common to both areas. So much wildlife was visible. We were wondering if less traffic in the remote areas made some of the wildlife more visible.

We saw a grizzly bear in a couple of locations and this cinnamon colored bear with a black cub in another. Despite being only a few feet away, in the truck cab, it preferred munching on dandelions that paying any attention to us.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
P6030062_resize.jpg   P6060104_resize.jpg   P6090162_resize.jpg   P6100222_resize.jpg  
Old 06-12-2020, 09:35 PM   #1488

Quote:
Yes, definitively a different ecosystem although many of the animals are common to both areas. So much wildlife was visible. We were wondering if less traffic in the remote areas made some of the wildlife more visible.

We saw a grizzly bear in a couple of locations and this cinnamon colored bear with a black cub in another. Despite being only a few feet away, in the truck cab, it preferred munching on dandelions that paying any attention to us.

Ron
Hey, I've seen stories about wildlife going into shopping malls and neighborhoods where wild animals have never before been seen, so it's not surprising that they'd be more comfortable with fewer people in their environs. Amazing photos, by the way! Thanks for sharing.

Old 06-25-2020, 07:43 PM   #1489

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven M View Post
Again not out the back window, Land Between the Lakes, Hillman Ferry Campground. Attachment 47675

I love that place. Probably one of the best campgrounds too.
It really is pretty there.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 09:54 AM   #1490

Trailer: April 2016 21' "Ramble On"
Sunset and cool clouds at Branched Oak State Recreation Area (Nebraska).
Attached Thumbnails
Branched Oak Night.jpg  
Old 06-27-2020, 09:58 AM   #1491

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Cool picture, reminds me of that giant cloud coming over from Africa sometime soon..............
Old 06-27-2020, 10:36 AM   #1492

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
There's been nothing but water views out my windows for the past 10 days. Went fishing at 4 different lakes in the Cariboo.
Ron, Can you recommend some campsites up in Caribou country? Travelling from Manning Park at the end of August. Prefer not too much gravel towing and can use truck up there.

Have you stayed at Green Lake (if so best campsite on lake?) or Bridge Lake? Also fishing lakes and prefer shore but will take kayaks.
ChuckBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 10:58 AM   #1493

I like out of the way places, not the easy access popular ones so most of the places I go involve gravel roads.

I'm leaving tomorrow for another trip to the Cariboo we will be probably going to some lakes that don't involve gravel. Yes, Green Lake is nice, stayed there in the past and Bridge Lake is on the list for this trip.

I'll make a note of any above average spots that we find.

I like fishing from the kayak because of the ability to move to a spot where the fish are.

Ron
Old 06-27-2020, 11:21 AM   #1494

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
I like out of the way places, not the easy access popular ones so most of the places I go involve gravel roads.

I'm leaving tomorrow for another trip to the Cariboo we will be probably going to some lakes that don't involve gravel. Yes, Green Lake is nice, stayed there in the past and Bridge Lake is on the list for this trip.

I'll make a note of any above average spots that we find.

I like fishing from the kayak because of the ability to move to a spot where the fish are.

Ron
Thanks Ron. Will look for your update(s) on preferred stops. Can you note any gravel access sites worth driving in to?
ChuckBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 11:54 AM   #1495

Well there's gravel and there's gravel. Not all gravel is a deal killer but even if a gravel road is good today maybe by next week, with heavy rain and traffic it turns into a bone jarring adventure. So, unless reviews say it's a minefield, we try it out.

Big Bar Lake is fantastic but it's accessed by 30 km. of gravel road. But it's in good condition and no problem. Little Bar Lake, 6 km. further, is accessed by a mud pit of a road that we were glad we scouted out without the trailer.

Then there's the steep rutted narrow mud bath road to Howard Lake.

So it's not a matter of whether the access road is gravel, it's a matter of determining what the current condition is. We often ask locals about road conditions.

Ron
Old 08-24-2020, 12:01 PM   #1496
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
cue up the Tom Petty, .... Live Like a Ref-U-Gee.....

(been camping outside a friend's house in Hollister during the CZU fire evacuation... heading tomorrow for greener pastures up north
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 06:25 PM   #1497

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
I don’t know which way you’re going to go north, young man, because here in the Sacramento Valley the smoke is dreadful, and needless to say you’re not going to escape anything on 101 either.☹️
Old 08-24-2020, 06:47 PM   #1498
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
I'm going up US101, and yes it will be pretty bad around Santa Rosa, Healdsburg, but I show it clear by Willits on north to Humboldt
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:59 PM   #1499

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
I'm going up US101, and yes it will be pretty bad around Santa Rosa, Healdsburg, but I show it clear by Willits on north to Humboldt
So sorry, John. I had to avoid the California fires on my return trip from Chilliwack so missed the planned trip to wine country. My daughter and I are now preparing for the possibility of living the refuge life if Marco should take a turn toward Houston, as she was without power for two weeks when Hurricane Ike hit. Praying for folks weathering/escaping fires and Gulf storms! Be safe!

Old 08-25-2020, 06:50 PM   #1500

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Smoke Free....mostly anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
Safe travels! I am sure it will be very nice to breeze fresh clean air!