What's Out Your Back Window? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2014, 10:12 AM   #61

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Just got back from Wallowa Lake State Park in NE Oregon. Beautiful spot! We took the tram up Mt Howard (over 8,000 ft!). I thought I was brave until a group of paragliders came up and jumped off the mountain! Joseph is a classic western town and we went over to Enterprise for Hells Canyon Mule Days. Yee Haw.

Kathie
Attached Thumbnails
Wallowa Lake.jpg  
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #62

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
That's a trip we want to take! On-line reviews of the RV accommodations are fairly low. Did you stay in a state park? Any feedback would be very much appreciated! Thanks ...
- Rich
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:22 PM   #63
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Kathie View Post
Just got back from Wallowa Lake State Park in NE Oregon. Beautiful spot! We took the tram up Mt Howard (over 8,000 ft!). I thought I was brave until a group of paragliders came up and jumped off the mountain! Joseph is a classic western town and we went over to Enterprise for Hells Canyon Mule Days. Yee Haw.

Kathie
Used to canoe Wallowa Lake once in a while. There is a marina there where you can also rent boats, but I think it closes the end of September. D&Ks post says they stayed at the state park there.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:32 PM   #64

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Do views out a side window count? Taken a few days ago, Grand Tetons from Gros Ventre area.
Attached Thumbnails
Tetons03.jpg  
Old 09-12-2014, 07:49 PM   #65

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Kathie View Post

Kathie
Other than a rally in Fort Langley right after we picked up our 19 in Chilliwack, this is the first place we camped with it in 2009. We spent a week there, and explored the area. Absolutely loved it, and would recommend it to anyone to do. Lots of good hikes right from the campground. We did a drive along the Little Sheep Creek Hwy to the east of Wallowa Lake, which was a very cool drive. You just about drive right through farmyards that years ago were settled right by the river. We also spent some time hiking around the top of Hells Canyon and the Snake River, as well as along the river itself.

The tramway was undergoing maintenance while we were there, so we could not try it.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:27 PM   #66

Trailer: 1994 Alpenlite 24 Ft (5er)
I would like to hear more about that trip , did you take a ferry ?
WestTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:40 PM   #67

Trailer: 1994 Alpenlite 24 Ft (5er)
That's a trip i dream of taking......do you take the ferry part of the way?
WestTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:22 PM   #68

Trailer: Escape 17B, 2012
Big Sur

Photo out our front window while we dry camped at Kirk Creek CG. Such a beautiful area to spend a few days!

On another topic about Wallowa Lake. We stayed in the state campground and really enjoyed that trip, too. The campground was clean, quiet (in September) and the showers much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN3464.jpg  
Old 09-23-2014, 08:31 PM   #69

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
this was along the Fraser River earlier this month when we boon-docked at Derby Reach, Fort Langley, B.C.. We could watch fishing boats and tug boats from our bed.

(the picture of the fishing boat wasn't taken from bed)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0411.jpg   CIMG4616.jpg  
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 03:39 PM   #70

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Roanoke Island

Down here for the Outer Banks Bluegrass Festival
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 10-03-2014, 12:14 AM   #71

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
I took this a couple of days ago. We were camped along the Columbia River at Lone Pine Fruit Stand and Espresso near Wenatchee, WA. We found them via Harvest Hosts. Harvest Hosts lists wineries, farms, etc that allow RVs to stay for an evening. There isn't any charge, but the expectation is that you will buy some wine or produce from your host. In this case we got breakfast, and some fruit. It was our first Harvest Host encounter, but it certainly won't be our last.
Attached Thumbnails
columbia river.jpg  
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:34 AM   #72

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
We found them via Harvest Hosts. Harvest Hosts lists wineries, farms, etc that allow RVs to stay for an evening. There isn't any charge, but the expectation is that you will buy some wine or produce from your host. In this case we got breakfast, and some fruit. It was our first Harvest Host encounter, but it certainly won't be our last.
That sounds like a great arrangement to me, for anyone who wants to explore and enjoy the local community. Thanks for the tip

Harvest Hosts

By the way, the people who run Harvest Hosts have an expedition-style motorhome with a body built by Unicell based on their cargo body... it's not a travel trailer, and certainly not an Escape, but it does have a moulded fiberglass shell in common.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:55 PM   #73

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Campground, North Rim of the Grand Canyon, last week.
Attached Thumbnails
NorthRm01.jpg  
Old 10-16-2014, 01:07 AM   #74

Trailer: 2014 15B Escape Trailer
I have a huge smile on my face while looking at these pictures. I can hardly wait to have our 15' B Escape trailer (completion 10/31/14). We plan to drive up from Sacramento mid-November to pick it up. SOOOOO EXCITED!!!! Taking the coast route on the way back. If folks have suggestions on places to stay, it would be much appreciated. After looking at this thread, Sea Perch RV park in Yachats, OR is a definite must. This little 15 foot trailer is WAY more exciting than purchasing a house or anything else for that matter. We love the outdoors - kayaking, paddle board, rock climbing, fishing and getting to know warm, positive people.
California Dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:31 AM   #75
RWS

Trailer: 2014 escape 21
Got our trailer home from Chillawack. Towed great. It may be parked for the winter but still a nice view.
Attached Thumbnails
PA040373.jpg  
RWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 10:29 AM   #76

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
At the Russell Gates Fishing Access Area just west of Ovando, MT. A few camping sites along the Blackfoot River. Very peaceful, even though it is just off highway 200. If you stay there, try the Stray Bullet Cafe in Ovando for breakfast.
Attached Thumbnails
RussellGates.jpg  
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 10:38 AM   #77

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Leon - looks like you are enjoying a great trip back home with The Skylark. A good friend who recently passed away lived in Ovando for a while and it looks to have some spectacular views. He made small wood artworks that were sold locally and all the profits went to help community projects.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 10:40 AM   #78

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: LeonW... I'll take a bowl of milk and Shreddies with that view, for breakfast any day!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 11:19 AM   #79

Trailer: 2013 15B
Jen and Angie: Sea Perch RV Resort in Yachats, Oregon is as close to ocean as you can get, but be prepared for a very large fee for staying there. Also, you'll be in the middle of lots of Big Rigs!
JimJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:48 PM   #80
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I love this thread. We should make it mandatory for anyone camping to take a photo out their back window...
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote