Who's Going to Chilliwack Soon From USA? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2017, 11:12 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike & Donna View Post
Prices are Canadian Dollar (CAD).

6 yards Upholstery Fabric $158.04
Taxes: $7.90
Shipping: $38.56
TOTAL: $204.50
Guess that did not save anything as I think we bought 9 yards and paid $45. But the question is whether someone else might be charged extra, even though we were not, if it comes from the U.S. Don't know if this has happened with fabric. Anybody?
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 11:17 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Woweee! Thanks, guys, for all your input and offers. Many good ideas here for me to pursue. Sounds like I should be able to ship it myself via USPS for a reasonable amount and it would only take a few weeks for ETI to get it - I just need to fill out the paperwork "properly". Our deadline for the Build Sheet is 7/30 (fabric due) and completion date has been moved up to 10/30 so I should be okay meeting the deadline (I'll update my completion date). Really appreciate all your helpfulness!
And, Donna, I recently viewed your upholstery in a thread and just loved it! Worth every penny and inconvenience to snag that Hawaiian fabric! Gorgeous!

"It is better to travel well than to arrive" - Buddha
Ljswany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:02 AM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Thought I should tell you "the rest of the story"... Checked in to JoAnn Fabric to see if the fabric was eligible for shipment by them to Canada and apparently it isn't. Went to the post office to inquire about procedures/costs of mailing fabric myself but got no definite cost quotes nor specific time-frames for delivery. Too many variables for me. Got my fabric samples from Sailrite and liked several of them but chose a paisley print that caught my eye the very first time I saw it - will go great with the Formica and flooring so I did the safe thing and ordered it to be mailed directly to ETI. Decision made!

"It is better to travel well than to arrive" - Buddha
Ljswany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:26 AM   #24

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
To give you an idea of the difference between UPS & the USPS, I mailed a package of "Stuff" to Escape from upstate NY, including a solar port, Radio, 2 antennas, and wiring for a battery monitor for $53.95 (US). Import charges were $29.99 (Canadian).