10 random questions about some build sheet details - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2016, 01:57 AM   #21

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape born Dec 28, 2016, Casita 17' (sold)
any comments on my remaining questions?

six: we are going to get a Counter extension just to the left of the sink…. (partially blocks door when up) - i am told it is great for when washing dishes.

Is the other logical place for another one just to the right of the stove (kitchen area) jutting into the curb side bench dinette area? When that area is a bed, might that make a nice small night table?

Note - no u-shaped dinette.

seven: going to go with NO graphics, and white belly band. Any downsides?

eight: going to go with E2 sway & WDH. Installed by ETI
ETI says it is best with the bigger trailers, and yes, I DO want a WDH & sway.
Any downsides to that particular model?

... ten: going to add two additional 12v/dual USB interior outlets. I am thinking locations of 1) adjacent to stock 120v outlet, rear passenger side bench. 2) adjacent to stock 120v drivers side, above fixed bed, in overhead cabinet.

any better or worse places? I’d use them for charging USB headlamps / phones / etc.

thanks!!!

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:09 AM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
#6, with the 21 you have plenty of counter space for dish drying, I also would put a towel down on the covered stove top, but the door is narrow enough without making it narrower. Adding a flip up to the nightstand side is ideal for "pocket items" before retiring. I also had two in the dinette area, they did not impede sleeping and were used when we took the table out, which you can still do.
#10, I had 4 extra 12v outlets installed, as you can never have too many.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:11 AM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
seven: going to go with NO graphics, and white belly band. Any downsides?
For me personally, I have seen at least one, and don't care for the blank white look. Not that it is that bad, but I feel the graphics give it a bit of pizazz. Maybe if it was a different colour shell.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 11:13 AM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Six: extensions at each side of dinette in 21. We love our half extension at the foot of the bed, but with the counter there in the 21 seems like overkill. Not sure about an extension at door area in 21. Works in the 19, but don't see it in the 21 that I recall.

Seven: It'll look like a Casita. With 64 colors of graphics to choose from, I like color.
Greg A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 01:34 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
#6, with the 21 you have plenty of counter space for dish drying, I also would put a towel down on the covered stove top, but the door is narrow enough without making it narrower. Adding a flip up to the nightstand side is ideal for "pocket items" before retiring. I also had two in the dinette area, they did not impede sleeping and were used when we took the table out, which you can still do.
#10, I had 4 extra 12v outlets installed, as you can never have too many.
I recently saw a flip up counter extension to the left of the stove in a 21' and it did not intrude (when down) into the door area in any significant way (in my opinion)

cpaharley may I ask what exact locations were your 4 extra 12v outlets? I'm just trying to figure out clever spots for them.

Thanks
Old 04-23-2016, 01:37 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Six: extensions at each side of dinette in 21. We love our half extension at the foot of the bed, but with the counter there in the 21 seems like overkill. Not sure about an extension at door area in 21. Works in the 19, but don't see it in the 21 that I recall.

Seven: It'll look like a Casita. With 64 colors of graphics to choose from, I like color.
In my experience of looking at older fiberglass trailers.... the graphics tend to fade and crack and peel over (a long) time, making the trailer look .... well... blah, and old.

and if those faded graphics are removed, then you see a 'ghost' of where they were, burnt into the fiberglass.

I myself like the clean plain white fiberglass, no graphics. I know I am in the minority.
Old 04-23-2016, 05:07 PM   #27
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
cpaharley may I ask what exact locations were your 4 extra 12v outlets? I'm just trying to figure out clever spots for them.

I had BlackJack tv ready in 2 locations, dinette street oh and over the nightstand so each of those had 12v, the stock one was over the bed, I had 2 more installed in the dinette area one on the curb o/h to tap for the radio and awning lights and one on the lower dinette side, curbside and I installed an extra one under the bed to plug in a voltmeter where it could be seen from outside. Six total.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:42 PM   #28

Trailer: 2017 19' 5/02/17
I need to get my mind right as a rookie to these issues. When you are talking about getting several 12v outlets those are only operational with the $850 inverter option correct?
bsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:47 PM   #29

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmoke View Post
I need to get my mind right as a rookie to these issues. When you are talking about getting several 12v outlets those are only operational with the $850 inverter option correct?
No -the 12v are DC outlets will operate all the time from the battery, the AC outlets will only work with an inverter or when you are plugged into shore power. The inverters take in 12V DC from the batteries and outputs 110V AC. The trailer comes with a converter that takes in 110V AC from shore power and converts it into 12V DC to charge the battery. It's quite confusing at first.

SAE Towing Standard "Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 04:36 PM   #30

Trailer: SOLD 2016 Classic 21ft - 2016 Ram 1500 Up for Sale Soon 19k mi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
In my experience of looking at older fiberglass trailers.... the graphics tend to fade and crack and peel over (a long) time, making the trailer look .... well... blah, and old.

and if those faded graphics are removed, then you see a 'ghost' of where they were, burnt into the fiberglass.

I myself like the clean plain white fiberglass, no graphics. I know I am in the minority.
A minority that seems to be growing. You are right, when it fades or peels you will likely have ghosting.