17B owners - your thoughts on... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2016, 07:39 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 17B - Sept 2017
17B owners - your thoughts on...

1. Do you have a 2 or 3-burner stove? Loss of counter space with 3-burner? Would you do differently if reordering (2 to 3 or 3 to 2)?

2. If you have the jack antennae - where is your tv mount located? Where is the interior cable for connecting to tv?

3. If you have the stereo/dvd player - how is it wired to the tv?
parfsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 07:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
We took the 3 burner as ther is more separation between the large burner and the front small burner, allows a 12" frypan and an 8" pot to be on the stove at the same time. Gained workspace by trimming a plastic cutting board such that it just fits in the cabinet below the sink. I glued four small pieces of cutting board on the underside of the main board piece such that it just fits into the sink, stabalizing the cutting board and turning the sink into a meal prep space.
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 07:58 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I don't think the two-burner stove takes up much less usable counter space than the three-burner. I also don't think I've ever used all three burners and rarely use two. Mostly cook outside with a BBQ and two one-burner butane stoves.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:23 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17B - Sept 2017
photo of your mod yardsale?
parfsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 08:27 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfsten View Post
1. Do you have a 2 or 3-burner stove? Loss of counter space with 3-burner? Would you do differently if reordering (2 to 3 or 3 to 2)?
My house had a Jenn-Air two-burner stove (plus grill) when I moved in 35+ years ago. This will never do was my first thought so I went out and bought a plug-in burner...used it twice in all those years. One can always make do with two burners.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 08:49 PM   #6

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
We have the three burner stove but would do just fine with two. We do miss an oven though, and will be getting one in our forthcoming 19. Of course the oven only comes with a three burner cooktop...
Old 12-05-2016, 08:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardsale View Post
I glued four small pieces of cutting board on the underside of the main board piece such that it just fits into the sink, stabalizing the cutting board and turning the sink into a meal prep space.
Yup. Need photos. How is that different than the sink cover that comes with the trailer? Or, do you mean the cutting board fits over the stove burners?
Old 12-05-2016, 09:02 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B
Two burners here which are fine for me. Both gas knobs show some degree of melting, I'm assuming a large pan covered the knobs causing the damage. I bought my 2015 17B used.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:07 AM   #9

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I have the standard position 2 burner stove, and wouldn't want anything larger (I'm ordering an oven in my 21, so I will have a 3 burner stove in it). I rarely use the stove, preferring to cook outside on a combined grill/1 burner Coleman. The only time I use the inside stove is when weather prevents cooking outdoors.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:03 AM   #10

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfsten View Post

2. If you have the jack antennae - where is your tv mount located? Where is the interior cable for connecting to tv?

3. If you have the stereo/dvd player - how is it wired to the tv?
1, I opted and paid extra for a 3 burner stove top and have yet to use it, even once, so I wouldn't recommend the upgrade. We do all our camping during the warm season so BBQing is our usual practice.
2. We've got the power antenna. I would recommend placing the TV, the power cable input, and the interior cable all together to eliminate exposed cords on the drivers side rear bed.
3. no interior stereo or DVD player. Our stereo is a portable DeWALT shop radio with AC/DC, a battery charger and a low volume control.
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:11 AM   #11

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Yup. Need photos. How is that different than the sink cover that comes with the trailer? Or, do you mean the cutting board fits over the stove burners?
Don't count on getting the sink cover. We didn't. Heck if I know why. Gonna have to email ETI to ask why.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:21 AM   #12

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
NW,
I think since you installed a custom sink, you do not receive the stock covers which only fit the standard Escape sink.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:30 AM   #13

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
NW,
I think since you installed a custom sink, you do not receive the stock covers which only fit the standard Escape sink.
Well, that's what I was wondering. But I thought they were made from the cut out piece in the formica, so I figured everyone would get one regardless.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:00 AM   #14

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The stock ones are probably made in quantity versus each one at a time to save on labor/materials. A custom install may involve several cuts whereas the stock install will have a plate stencil made to trace and cut for precision and speed.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:04 AM   #15
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I got a sink cover for my custom size sink. I found it in the closet and have yet to use it. Think I'll put it under my daughter's bed with the table, which I don't use either
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:24 AM   #16

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Well, that's what I was wondering. But I thought they were made from the cut out piece in the formica, so I figured everyone would get one regardless.
Laura you aren 't missing anything . Because you only have 1 sink , we had to remove it all the time because no where for the water to go with cover on . Also our facet dripped . The reason for what I built for our sink . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:30 AM   #17

We use our sink cover all the time. Often pour small amounts of liquid through the finger hole. We put the sink cover on the bed as a handy flat surface when using the sink.
I'd fix the faucet myself.
Attached Thumbnails
17b kitchen counter.jpg  
Old 12-06-2016, 11:40 AM   #18

Sink cover & stove top

I don't know that I'd use it, and yeah, I'd probably have to fling it on the bed when I was using the sink (and make sure I didn't bonk a cat while doing so). Interesting that Donna got one, but I didn't get one. Nor did someone else I asked when they got their custom sink. Guess they changed their policy on that since Donna got her trailer.

This could be something that ETI tells people when they order a custom sink as their stock photos show that cover, which leads one to believe they'll be getting it as well.

And back to the OP's question - my question to you is how many burners do you use at home when you cook? I think only once have I used 3 burners at the same time. Most of the time it's one burner and from time to time I use two at a time. Go with what you use at home and you should be fine.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:48 AM   #19

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
I don't know that I'd use it, and yeah, I'd probably have to fling it on the bed when I was using the sink (and make sure I didn't bonk a cat while doing so). Interesting that Donna got one, but I didn't get one. Nor did someone else I asked when they got their custom sink. Guess they changed their policy on that since Donna got her trailer.

This could be something that ETI tells people when they order a custom sink as their stock photos show that cover, which leads one to believe they'll be getting it as well.

And back to the OP's question - my question to you is how many burners do you use at home when you cook? I think only once have I used 3 burners at the same time. Most of the time it's one burner and from time to time I use two at a time. Go with what you use at home and you should be fine.
Hi: NW Cat Owner... At home we have a 5 burner Gas Range top. Finally have a space in the center to use our 12" covered fry pan. Yay!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 02:55 PM   #20

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
We have the two-burner, rotated so that the larger burner is behind the smaller. We have never needed more. Really, the only times we've used both burners at the same time was to boil water, or make coffee, while cooking food on the larger burner.
Rotating the stove 90° gives another 3 inches or so of counter space, which, in a 17, is important., IMO.
Edit: And we like the sink cover: during food prep., it gives us some more work space. It just takes a little planning when the sink is in-use as well, but it's a 17, not our home kitchen.
Attached Thumbnails
095.jpg  
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote