19' Build Questions - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2014, 03:40 PM   #31

Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Nothing wrong with being in the minority, however... in your sticks 'n bricks home don't you have a stove that essentially has a bigger burner in the back of the smaller front burner? I do, in fact I have two of them since it's a four burner stove. I understand the safety issue. I was taught along time ago, to NOT wear droppy long sleeves while cooking. I grew up using a gas stove.
Just the opposite, 2 large in the front, 3 small in the back.

Old 03-11-2014, 05:23 PM   #32

Trailer: Escape
We have the 3 burner stove in out 2013 Escape. I do not believe that moving or rotating the stove and eliminating the ventilating stove hood is a improvement on the OE Escape design. We would not buy a TT without the ventilating stove hood. We have tried venting steam from boiling water using the vent hood and the max fan. The power vent hood is more efficent.

Old 03-11-2014, 05:45 PM   #33

Trailer: Escape
I failed to mention that we have found the stove cover (which has side wings) effective in controlling heat and splash.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:46 PM   #34

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Same thoughts as Jubal, for an enclosed space such as a TT where some cooking occurs we rely on having a ventilating hood for things such as cooking pasta, boiling water, etc.
gharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:49 PM   #35
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gharper View Post
Same thoughts as Jubal, for an enclosed space such as a TT where some cooking occurs we rely on having a ventilating hood for things such as cooking pasta, boiling water, etc.
I think it's even more than that. The cabinetry in the Escape is wood. Have you seen how much moisture the bottom of a cabinet gets hit with? Besides, spaghetti sauce pops and sauce stains. I look at the underside of the one in my sticks 'n bricks home and
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:03 AM   #36

Trailer: 2016 - Escape 19 (2nd Gen), 2015 Dodge Ram 5.7 Hemi
If you open all the windows and the door then you would have very effective mass uncontrolled ventilation, although you would still be punishing the cabinet over the stove...and then you might as well be cooking on the ice encrusted picnic table like all the real campers I prefer the minimal controlled ventilation of a hood fan, especially in shoulder seasons.
davescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:09 AM   #37

Trailer: 2001 Bigfoot 21RB/ 73Boler/Trillium 5500
Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Just wait to you get to the point that you want the wheels on the trailer to MATCH the tug.. and then you find out they have to be built (zero offset). Been there, done that... next time I hope to win the lottery first. White works for me (now).
Donna go for Alloy or Chrome wheels.
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:39 AM   #38

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Because we switched the position of the sink and stove in our 19, Tammy said that it would not be a good idea to have a vent hood -- due to the location near the door there would be too much chance of bumping into it. In any case I had read a lot of comments from folks on the forum who said that they wished they'd not included the vent hood -- that the maxi fan was strong enough to vent the area and it makes the trailer seem more open without the hood. We have a vent hood at home and it is really hard to clean. I'll probably cook with lids on the pots inside the trailer and hope to do steaks and splattery things outside.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:10 AM   #39
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Yes, that was my feeling in designing/building my 19 with an opening kitchen window, an available screen door plus the MaxxFann on exhaust, a vent hood would be redundant as well as an encroachment on the living space.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:14 AM   #40

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19 & 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
...We have a vent hood at home and it is really hard to clean...
That is probably a good indication that the vent hood serves a useful purpose. I would personally much prefer to clean the food gunk and grease off of the range hood than off of the walls, cabinets and ceiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
...I'll probably cook with lids on the pots inside the trailer and hope to do steaks and splattery things outside.
Even though we do have the range hood, we still try to do as much cooking outside whenever conditions are suited for it. Helps to keep the smells down, the heat down, and the inside of the trailer cleaner; and after all we are often in an area where the scenery is nice and it is a pleasure to be outdoors.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote