19' Build Questions - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2014, 10:17 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
although I'd love to have the aluminum rims.
Just wait to you get to the point that you want the wheels on the trailer to MATCH the tug.. and then you find out they have to be built (zero offset). Been there, done that... next time I hope to win the lottery first. White works for me (now).
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:31 PM   #22

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Ahh, but I only have two wheels.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:59 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Ahh, but I only have two wheels.
Rub it in
Old 03-11-2014, 04:06 AM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Rub it in
Hi: Donna D... "Keep your eye on the prize". You are a Lady of vision and foresight.
I spoke with Reace last week and he is working as hard as he can on the 5.0TA. We're in line to pick up "Escape Hatch II" June the third, and deliver "Our Escape Hatch" to some excited new owners in the mid west...end of May We have lots to do when we finish with the great weather we've been hiding out in!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of lake Erie
Ft.Myers Beach Florida for now
Attached Thumbnails
P1030570.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:36 AM   #25

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I also believe by reversing the sink and stove, putting the stove by the door and rotating the 2 burner stove 90 degrees you may eek out some more counter space. In addition, with the stove closer to the overhead fan and door you will have better ventilation as well as eliminate the need for the stove hood option.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:05 AM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
The stove takes up the same amount of counter space regardless of orientation. All you do is lose space behind it that gets used for utensils and the such, and gain a little to the sides it when turning is. Like a couple others have said, not sure I would be comfortable with it installed with the wrong orientation either.

What are the dimensions of the OEM 2 burner stove?

The table becomes counter space if you are prepping and cooking inside.

Still loving our Dometic/SMEV Combo flush mount stove/sink.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:08 AM   #27

Both Casitas and Scamps have their stoves turned sideways in some models, most efficient use of limited space.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:02 PM   #28

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Does anyone have a photo of this turned stove. It just seems odd to me, and maybe seeing would change my mind.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:20 PM   #29

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C
Post 12, this thread...
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:27 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cargofool View Post
IMHO, rotating stove effectively makes stove a 1 burner unit. using back burner and front burner simultaneously creates an awkward, if not dangerous, situation of reaching rear burner over top of front burner. And I am prepared to be in the miniscule minority with this opinion. YMMV.
Nothing wrong with being in the minority, however... in your sticks 'n bricks home don't you have a stove that essentially has a bigger burner in the back of the smaller front burner? I do, in fact I have two of them since it's a four burner stove. I understand the safety issue. I was taught along time ago, to NOT wear droppy long sleeves while cooking. I grew up using a gas stove.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #31

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Nothing wrong with being in the minority, however... in your sticks 'n bricks home don't you have a stove that essentially has a bigger burner in the back of the smaller front burner? I do, in fact I have two of them since it's a four burner stove. I understand the safety issue. I was taught along time ago, to NOT wear droppy long sleeves while cooking. I grew up using a gas stove.
Just the opposite, 2 large in the front, 3 small in the back.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:23 PM   #32

Trailer: Escape
We have the 3 burner stove in out 2013 Escape. I do not believe that moving or rotating the stove and eliminating the ventilating stove hood is a improvement on the OE Escape design. We would not buy a TT without the ventilating stove hood. We have tried venting steam from boiling water using the vent hood and the max fan. The power vent hood is more efficent.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #33

Trailer: Escape
I failed to mention that we have found the stove cover (which has side wings) effective in controlling heat and splash.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:46 PM   #34

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21RB
Same thoughts as Jubal, for an enclosed space such as a TT where some cooking occurs we rely on having a ventilating hood for things such as cooking pasta, boiling water, etc.
gharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:49 PM   #35
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharper View Post
Same thoughts as Jubal, for an enclosed space such as a TT where some cooking occurs we rely on having a ventilating hood for things such as cooking pasta, boiling water, etc.
I think it's even more than that. The cabinetry in the Escape is wood. Have you seen how much moisture the bottom of a cabinet gets hit with? Besides, spaghetti sauce pops and sauce stains. I look at the underside of the one in my sticks 'n bricks home and
Old 03-11-2014, 11:03 PM   #36

Trailer: 2016 - Escape 19 (2nd Gen), 2021 F150 Powerboost
If you open all the windows and the door then you would have very effective mass uncontrolled ventilation, although you would still be punishing the cabinet over the stove...and then you might as well be cooking on the ice encrusted picnic table like all the real campers I prefer the minimal controlled ventilation of a hood fan, especially in shoulder seasons.
davescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:09 PM   #37

Trailer: 2001 Bigfoot 21RB/ 73Boler/Trillium 5500
Wheels

Quote:
Just wait to you get to the point that you want the wheels on the trailer to MATCH the tug.. and then you find out they have to be built (zero offset). Been there, done that... next time I hope to win the lottery first. White works for me (now).
Donna go for Alloy or Chrome wheels.
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:39 AM   #38

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Because we switched the position of the sink and stove in our 19, Tammy said that it would not be a good idea to have a vent hood -- due to the location near the door there would be too much chance of bumping into it. In any case I had read a lot of comments from folks on the forum who said that they wished they'd not included the vent hood -- that the maxi fan was strong enough to vent the area and it makes the trailer seem more open without the hood. We have a vent hood at home and it is really hard to clean. I'll probably cook with lids on the pots inside the trailer and hope to do steaks and splattery things outside.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:10 AM   #39

Yes, that was my feeling in designing/building my 19 with an opening kitchen window, an available screen door plus the MaxxFann on exhaust, a vent hood would be redundant as well as an encroachment on the living space.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:14 AM   #40

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
...We have a vent hood at home and it is really hard to clean...
That is probably a good indication that the vent hood serves a useful purpose. I would personally much prefer to clean the food gunk and grease off of the range hood than off of the walls, cabinets and ceiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
...I'll probably cook with lids on the pots inside the trailer and hope to do steaks and splattery things outside.
Even though we do have the range hood, we still try to do as much cooking outside whenever conditions are suited for it. Helps to keep the smells down, the heat down, and the inside of the trailer cleaner; and after all we are often in an area where the scenery is nice and it is a pleasure to be outdoors.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote