19' cot clearance? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2017, 12:42 AM   #1

Trailer: 2017 19'
19' cot clearance?

Hi all,

We recently took a pleasant trip to Escape to view units in their showroom and go over options for a possible purchase. Does anybody here have a 19 with a cot who could give us measurements for the clearance between the top of the cushions and the cot bars? We are trying to decide if we could go with the 3' raised dinette and the cot for our kids or would that feel to cramped? The reason is like others here have mentioned we too found the dinette windows a little high as compared with the 17. I understand the reason for the higher windows is to accommodate the gaucho bunk option.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Eric & El
Eric & El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:02 AM   #2
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
Twenty inches.
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:56 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 19'
Thank You!
Eric & El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 08:21 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 - June 27, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric & El View Post
Hi all,

We recently took a pleasant trip to Escape to view units in their showroom and go over options for a possible purchase. Does anybody here have a 19 with a cot who could give us measurements for the clearance between the top of the cushions and the cot bars? We are trying to decide if we could go with the 3' raised dinette and the cot for our kids or would that feel to cramped?
For those of you interested in how the cot in the 19 works, here is a photo with two grandchildren enjoying some quiet time together.
Click image for larger version

Name:	cot.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	27018
Our thinking when moving from a 25' stickie bunkhouse with a 5' slideout on the rear (total 30') was that at a certain age, children would rather be outside in a tent, which would also be fine with the parents/grandparents.
rjbny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:03 AM   #5
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric & El View Post
Hi all,

We recently took a pleasant trip to Escape to view units in their showroom and go over options for a possible purchase. We are trying to decide if we could go with the 3' raised dinette and the cot for our kids or would that feel to cramped? The reason is like others here have mentioned we too found the dinette windows a little high as compared with the 17. I understand the reason for the higher windows is to accommodate the gaucho bunk option.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Eric & El
We opted for the bunk as are grandchildren will be coming on some trips with us. On our current trip, I do miss not seeing out the window, but we find we are outside more than in. On this particular morning I put one of the pillows under me and I can see out just fine for the short time I'm inside. I love RJBNY's photo and I think that says it all---these are the precious moments.

Let us know what you decide!

Lorna
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 12:03 PM   #6

Trailer: 2016 19 (sold)
We have the cot and use it frequently with our kids (7 and 4). No way would I want to reduce the clearance, it's already pretty tight. That 20" sounds like a lot on paper, but is reduced by the weight of a person on the cot and the addition of a person and bedding down below.
canyonrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:19 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 - June 27, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonrider View Post
We have the cot and use it frequently with our kids (7 and 4). No way would I want to reduce the clearance, it's already pretty tight. That 20" sounds like a lot on paper, but is reduced by the weight of a person on the cot and the addition of a person and bedding down below.
I wouldn't want to have any less clearance for whoever sleeps underneath the cot.
rjbny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:49 PM   #8

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
The cot does fit over top of the table without taking down the table. My daughter prefers to use the cot over the front dinette bed. I am fine with that as I find it easier to put up and take down the cot every day as opposed to setting up and taking down the table bed.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cot