2015 Escape Build Sheet - Advice? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2014, 05:58 PM   #11

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Decisions, decisions!

Almost forgot a very important question - well, not to me, but to my "boss": Custom fabric. I've noticed that some of the posts mention a fabric number, like it came from a certain supplier. I was told by Kim they have only one fabric, and if you want custom you have to supply it. So, where do those of you who've changed the fabric usually get it?

rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:04 PM   #12
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Fabric by the Yard €“ Sailrite is a great place to purchase marine quality fabric. (Sunbrella) Just remember, if you getting a repeating pattern you need to order a lot more!

Check locally too, save S&H costs. Sailrite will send you a small sample for a buck, which is really helpful because I've found they don't look the same when viewing on the monitor. PLUS they send you a 10% off coupon with the sample(s)!

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:03 PM   #13

Trailer: ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Fabric by the Yard – Sailrite is a great place to purchase marine quality fabric. (Sunbrella) Just remember, if you getting a repeating pattern you need to order a lot more!

Check locally too, save S&H costs. Sailrite will send you a small sample for a buck, which is really helpful because I've found they don't look the same when viewing on the monitor. PLUS they send you a 10% off coupon with the sample(s)!
PLUS they will ship to Canada very reasonably.
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:05 PM   #14
Site Team

ETI will have to pay duty on the fabric if shipped directly. I think it cost D&K about $40 in duty. I took my fabric up with me when I visited ETI in April.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:35 PM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Well, everyone has their opinions these are mine:

Turning stove sideways; we did it, it makes a difference, wife's happy we did it, need I say more

Double glazed windows; such an improvement over our Scamp both in reduction of condensation and the unexpected benefit of noise reduction. The front window isn't double glazed because of the window guard frame. If you want to see if double glazed windows are worth it look at someone's trailer in the morning. Normally none of the double glazed windows will have condensation but the front one will.

Microwave; they're so inexpensive and available that if I wanted a type other than the factory one I'd wait and buy my own.

High lift axle; our previous trailer, a Scamp, dragged its' bum on slightly steep inclines etc. The 19 has much more ground clearance. Unless you're planning on doing some brutal off-roading I wouldn't think a high lift axle was necessary.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:36 PM   #16

I'm thinking that the stock fabric is sounding better all the time. We're at $27K CAN right now, and every little bit of savings helps. Maybe we can do the darker Formica in the Mineral Olive like in Karen's Egbert instead. No shipping, no supplying, and it goes very well with the stock fabric IMHO.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:38 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Well, everyone has their opinions these are mine:

Turning stove sideways; we did it, it makes a difference, wife's happy we did it, need I say more

Double glazed windows; such an improvement over our Scamp both in reduction of condensation and the unexpected benefit of noise reduction. The front window isn't double glazed because of the window guard frame. If you want to see if double glazed windows are worth it look at someone's trailer in the morning. Normally none of the double glazed windows will have condensation but the front one will.

Microwave; they're so inexpensive and available that if I wanted a type other than the factory one I'd wait and buy my own.

High lift axle; our previous trailer, a Scamp, dragged its' bum on slightly steep inclines etc. The 19 has much more ground clearance. Unless you're planning on doing some brutal off-roading I wouldn't think a high lift axle was necessary.

Ron
Thanks Ron. I'm pretty sure that any road we went down would be a question of the tow vehicle (in this case, a non 4wd Lincoln MKX V6) as much as it would be the trailer. I personally prefer blacktop if at all possible!
Old 06-21-2014, 07:41 PM   #18
Site Team

Robert, I think we can ALL understand. Those dollar pain points 'cause us all to go OUCH. ETI has done a great job with their standard offerings. The flooring, the Formica and the upholstery fabric. I can't imagine the discussions between Tammy and Reace to come up with these! You can always personalize the upholstery with contrasting pillows, etc. If you ask, ETI will send you samples of the fabric, flooring and "rubber" Formica trim. That may help you make your decisions. What you're seeing on your monitor is not WYSIWYG.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:18 PM   #19

Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Maybe so, Padlin. Tell me, where does the solar panel go, and how much juice would it produce?
Don't know where they squeeze the panel on a 17, but I'm guessing it'd be a 95 watt panel which was their standard up until a few weeks ago, produces about 5.5Ahr. After looking over the wiring on my trailer I'd hate to try and run cables later. I also had prewire for stereo, no idea if I'll use that.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:19 PM   #20

Great advice all!

So, did some crunching and here is what I "think" is close to the final build sheet:

Floor Plan: 17B

Options:
2 Burner Stainless Steel Stove & Range hood – install front to back
4.3 cu ft Fridge
Air Conditioner (11,000 BTU)
12V Battery (Group 29 126 amp hrs)
Dual Propane Package
Equalizer Hitch
2 - Way Hot Water Tank
Microwave (Built-In)
Opening Window in Bathroom
Storage Box
Stainless Steel Sink & Chrome Faucet
Prewire for Stereo
Thermal Windows & Extra Insulation
TV Antenna with power amplifier (Includes TV Ready with 120V)
Prewire Solar Panel
Water Filter

This is going to be awesome. you're right Donna -- they've made it a great trailer with no options at all. This ought to serve our needs for years to come -- unless our adult kids decide to weasel in!

Tags
build sheet, options