2016 versus 2017 17B - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2016, 12:18 AM   #21

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
We prefer the classic rounded shape, rounded door.

Our refrigerator is great, works with no problem. This is the "new" two-door that is supposed to work up to 90F and ours does. (Much better than their older refrigerators.) The freezer is not as good but does pretty well. The new refrigerator they now are using has yet to be reviewed by people so I would not assume that it is better than what we have.

We have a custom awning window at the kitchen, awning emergency window and bath window that all work for rain.

float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 07:28 AM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubsy View Post
Does anyone know why turning the burner 90* is a $50 option? Is there extra work or materials involved?
More copper tubing for the propane and another custom counter versus one precut.

Old 05-28-2016, 11:07 AM   #23

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Tony and Darlene, my comments were on the 21' refrigerator which I thought someone had brought up earlier in this thread. That would not apply to you, I guess. The other comments may.

We just about never use our awning, mostly due to weather, but might use it more if it were power. We also do not use it because we tend to go out all day and do not sit at the trailer that much. When we do, it is evening and we don't need it.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 04:06 PM   #24

Trailer: SOLD 2016 Classic 21ft - 2016 Ram 1500 Up for Sale Soon 19k mi
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
We just about never use our awning, mostly due to weather, but might use it more if it were power. We also do not use it because we tend to go out all day and do not sit at the trailer that much. When we do, it is evening and we don't need it.
I agree with Cathy on the awning. It's great for those that enjoy being in "camp" but that is not our RV history. We drop off our hotel on wheels off and go sightseeing all day. It is a rare day we stay with the trailer in "camp". Too many trails to hike, small towns and people to visit nearby. In fact we often abandon our camp, go sight see overnight returning next day and soon longer than that. This is why we deleted the awing from our classic 21ft. We will get the wood reinforcing for a future ( 15+ year from now ) owner to install a brand new one of his/her choosing. Awnings are nice to have but if it won't get used ? For occasions where it would be nice to have, a stand alone folding canopy will do but only on a trip where it will be needed. For covering a lot of territory sightseeing, no.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:47 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
That's a good idea Santiago. If one never uses an awning the fabric just deteriates over time and adds quite a bit of maintenance. Did they give you a credit for leaving the awning off?
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 05:00 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
That's a good idea Santiago. If one never uses an awning the fabric just deteriates over time and adds quite a bit of maintenance. Did they give you a credit for leaving the awning off?
Yes they gave me credit for deleting it. For that I am very grateful to Escape. As long as the blocking is there someone can add a brand new one long long time from now. Yes it will deteriorate over time and add to things I need to worry about with no pay back for us usage wise.

With so many beautiful sights within the parks we often visit and later tons of small towns here in the US and Canada, the 21ft will be used same way Kim and I travel Europe, out all day and return in the evening, often late. Needless to say we come home from vacation exhausted and need a few days to get over it. BUT we have fun and see a whole lot of things. Hoping old age won't change that.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:13 PM   #27

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 pulled by a 2010 Highlander Anderson hitch,
As Eric stated, the redesign is for a number of carefully considered reasons. Looking at the new 19 here at the rally it is very attractive. If you have the money, I'd go for the new style. Your choice
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 05:23 PM   #28

Hi Dave, we can easily afford the 2017 model without batting an eye.

We were also offered delivery this year had we switched to the 2017 because we ordered last September. We just like the classic's design more. I appreciate many of the 2017 design new features, really I do, but the classic's look is what we like more than the new features on the 2017 like the awning windows, wider door, better insulation, wider body, etc. If the cost and delivery were equal, the classic trailer still wins.
Old 05-28-2016, 06:31 PM   #29

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
New 17 B

Just one rather poor pic of the new 17 B . It really is awesome - the bed is now wider - full sized ! Very comfortable space !
This little pic does not do it justice at all . Any one who has any qualms at all about the new awnings should just blow them away . Truly very nice and I love the colour !!! edit ....nice door too ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (290.4 KB, 88 views)
Old 05-28-2016, 07:18 PM   #30

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
Just one rather poor pic of the new 17 B . It really is awesome - the bed is now wider - full sized ! Very comfortable space !
This little pic does not do it justice at all . Any one who has any qualms at all about the new awnings should just blow them away . Truly very nice and I love the colour !!! edit ....nice door too ...
Is it just me or does the color of the box not match the trailer color ? Pat

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote