2016 versus 2017 17B - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2016, 07:37 AM   #41

Trailer: 2015 17B "Tody"
I was in the new 17B looking to compare the differences to our 2015 model. One thing caught my eyes was that the "foyer" is smaller despite the bigger door. By foyer I meant the space you are in as soon as you step into the trailer. In our model, there are a few inches to the left and right of the door frame before the cabinetry side walls. The new 17B has the cabinetry lined up pretty close to door.

The foyer is my favorite space in the trailer as I sometimes sit on a stool there with my back to the door knitting while everyone are sleeping. (Weird, I know).

I was wondering where had the space gone and now I know it went to the bed!
Old 05-29-2016, 10:01 AM   #42

Trailer: 2006 17b Goucho
Does anyone have a wind sensor on their electric awning to automatically retract it if the wind kicks up?
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 12:58 PM   #43

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thane View Post
Does anyone have a wind sensor on their electric awning to automatically retract it if the wind kicks up?
I doubt there's an electric awning made without some variation of that feature. Standard features of the Dometic 9500 Case Awning now used by Escape include
Quote:
Wireless, adjustable wind sensor (powered versions) protects the awning
so any Escape with the new power awning should have a wind sensor.

I have a Dometic power awning (of an unrelated design) on my motorhome. It does not have an obvious external wind sensor, but it does detect excessive wind and automatically retract (although it never has in my experience).
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 08:49 PM   #44

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Welcome - great to have another Wisconsinite with us. Mt Horeb, the original home of the Mustard Museum isn't it?

We decided on a 2017 21' over a 2016 for many reasons, but the main one is that from my interactions with Reace and my experiences with our Escape, I know that he makes changes to designs for very good reasons. But, another factor is that we want to go to the 2017 Rally and are timing our pick up date to be just before then.

We have been amazingly pleased with our "classic" 17B and would recommend it to anyone.

Yes Eric, Mount Horeb was the home of the National Mustard Museum, that space now home to Duluth Trading Company retail store, better fit for the community. We would not be picking up the trailer until next year, so the rally would be a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
My understanding it that the fridge change will allow Reace to use ones that are designed for hotter climates rather than the current Euro models. Hopefully this will prevent some of the problems folks have experienced with current models not being able to cool properly in hot weather.
I called Escape today to confirm that the new refrig 4.0 cu ft (Dometic RM2454) could not be substituted for the 4.3 cu ft (Dometic RM8551) I will revive that thread rather than hijack this one. Thanks for the thoughts Eric.
Tony N is offline   Reply With Quote