2017 vs classic 19 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape

Old 10-14-2016, 11:50 AM   #1

Trailer: Shopping
2017 vs classic 19

I have seen a number of threads mention that the 19 foot is updated for 2017. Can someone explain what is changing, the escape website does not make any mention of this. Do the older ones still have the real queen sized bed?
I am starting looking around for a 19 and want to understand the differences. I am considering both new and used, and plan on making a factory visit sometime in the next few months.

sailor231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:55 AM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Welcome, sailor231!

Here's a good thread to read about the 2017 edition of the Escape 19...

New 2017 19' Trailer - interior and exterior photos

And reading the two "It's Friday" threads, both the "classic" and the "beyond" threads for pics of the two models:

It's Friday! - The Classics!

It's Friday! - 2017 and beyond!

Bellingham, Washington
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:57 AM   #3

Trailer: Perhaps in 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor231 View Post
I have seen a number of threads mention that the 19 foot is updated for 2017. Can someone explain what is changing, the escape website does not make any mention of this. Do the older ones still have the real queen sized bed?
I am starting looking around for a 19 and want to understand the differences. I am considering both new and used, and plan on making a factory visit sometime in the next few months.
if you want new be advised of the 2017 Production schedule page on ETI website..2017 production is almost sold except more dates may open when they complete their new building and the occasional order cancellation that usually sells very quickly!
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 03:12 PM   #4

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
I have seen a number of threads mention that the 19 foot is updated for 2017.
All models are switching to the new design. The new version of the 5.0TA is not ready yet, but the others (including the 19') are in production.

Although the new design is commonly referred to as the "2017" model, in fact for most of this year the earlier version (sometimes called the "classic" design or maybe "first generation") is being built alongside the new design (called "2017" or "next generation" or "second generation")... both are 2016 models (as shown by the model year in the VIN). In 2017, only the new design will be built.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 03:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Can someone explain what is changing, the escape website does not make any mention of this.
The Escape Trailer Industries website has been updated, a bit at a time, but there has never been a distinction on the website between the previous and new features and specifications. At this point, most of the information applies to the new design, although weight specifications are questionable, and photos of at least the 5.0TA are the old design.

At this point buyers are only able to order the the new design, because available production dates are well into 2017.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:15 PM   #6

I know a new trailer will be the new design, but I am also looking at used options and would love a simple list of changes to help my decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
The Escape Trailer Industries website has been updated, a bit at a time, but there has never been a distinction on the website between the previous and new features and specifications. At this point, most of the information applies to the new design, although weight specifications are questionable, and photos of at least the 5.0TA are the old design.

At this point buyers are only able to order the the new design, because available production dates are well into 2017.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:21 PM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Standard items in all the models will include a power awning and the newer style door which allows the newer style refrigerator. A medicine cabinet is now standard in most bathrooms. Options are varied and different but these basic changes have been made for 2016 and forward.
You will have changes in used ones also as Escape has over the years changed their standard items to include or eliminate certain items. Just ask about a specific item an you will get the answer here on the forum.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:22 PM   #8

Did the footprint, layout or weight change on the 19?
Old 10-14-2016, 03:40 PM   #9
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
The layout and footprint did not change, weight has a little variation. Interior changes are the majority plus the options.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Did the footprint, layout or weight change on the 19?
As Jim said, the overall footprint and layout did not change. The vertical walls make the body wider at the top and bottom, without changing the width at the middle. That leads to a wider frame spacing and wheels further apart, and moderately increases weight.

These changes apply to apply to all models, so you don't need to pick out information specific to the 19' when you read the extensive discussions about the design changes.