2020 e23 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2019, 08:00 AM   #21

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
One issue I see with a wider trailer is the ability to see down the sides, a 8' wide trailer would need some serious mirror extensions.
Good excuse to buy a new 3/4 ton truck with the factory towing mirrors !!
They look ugly / out of proportion but they do increase your field of vision
Everything is a compromise.
Time to get back in the woods and go hunting
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 08:08 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Will not fit in my garage with 7' wide doors. As it is now my Ram, with the power folding mirrors just clears the opening by about 3" on each side....
Old 11-24-2019, 08:23 AM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Good excuse to buy a new 3/4 ton truck with the factory towing mirrors !!
They look ugly / out of proportion but they do increase your field of vision
Everything is a compromise.
Time to get back in the woods and go hunting
Or better yet for a lighter Escape, an F150 with trailer mirrors. Just push a button and out they go. I actually prefer the look of them, more truck like. Mind you after over 20 years of F250s and F350s I was quite used to them.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 10:20 AM   #24

Trailer: Airstream shopping for Escape
Quote:
One issue I see with a wider trailer is the ability to see down the sides, a 8' wide trailer would need some serious mirror extensions.
I went from a Scamp to an 8’ wide Airstream without experiencing any issues with the extra width using Fords factory tow mirrors. They work just fine.

Have also not had any issues fitting into smaller treed camping spots that I previously put the Scamp in due to the additional width. Have had far more occasions where I was not able to use a previously enjoyed spot due to additional length though- went from 16’ to 23’.

Bottom line is as far as towing and parking go the extra width was not much of an adjustment at all, not overly noticeable and has had little to no impact on my camping locations. I BTW do not use commercial campgrounds very often.

The added width did take some getting use to inside though. Its pretty clear that it gives the manufacturers a lot more flexibility in regards to interior layout Having a very positive impact on functionality and comfort. :-)

I am currently shopping for a new trailer and would very much like to go back to Fiberglass but I have gotten very use to the added space and comfort the additional width provides and having a hard time with the idea of losing much of that going back to a narrower trailer. Yes I could go to a Bigfoot but the big box look of them is not my preferred style ...... so i for one look forward to seeing what Escape offers up in 2020.
Fiberglass Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 10:39 AM   #25

Trailer: Airstream shopping for Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Or better yet for a lighter Escape, an F150 with trailer mirrors. Just push a button and out they go. I actually prefer the look of them, more truck like. .
Agree that as the F150 has grown up the Tow mirrors actually appear more fitting to them than the stock mirrors. Stock mirrors appear to small for the truck.

But sadly I discovered when I ordered my F150 that the mirror push button feature is only available on the Lariat trim package and higher. Sadly they will not let you order it on a XTR package. :-(. The good news is the few times I have needed to flip them in or out it’s still not difficult to do, even without getting out of the truck.
Fiberglass Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 10:58 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberglass Fan View Post
Agree that as the F150 has grown up the Tow mirrors actually appear more fitting to them than the stock mirrors. Stock mirrors appear to small for the truck.

But sadly I discovered when I ordered my F150 that the mirror push button feature is only available on the Lariat trim package and higher. Sadly they will not let you order it on a XTR package. :-(. The good news is the few times I have needed to flip them in or out it’s still not difficult to do, even without getting out of the truck.
Too bad, I bought of the lot and did get a Lariat. An older F250 had the manual folding and telescoping trailer mirrors.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-24-2019, 10:59 AM   #27

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
triple axel? i hope they stick the landing.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:51 PM   #28

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
When I reached retirement we decided the Casita was not large enough for the trips planned. We purchased a number of eight foot wide campers in three years and Ford's simple, F150, clamp-on mirrors, for under $75, and had no problem seeing down the sides.

Now perhaps your idea of "serious mirror extensions" includes these simple, well built extensions. If so, ignore what I said above. I've seen other extensions that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole!

OTOH I tried towing our 5.0 without the extensions and could not see well enough for me to be comfortable.

We just purchased a new, end of production, F150 Lariat, but didn't get the tow mirrors. Rare does a Ford Dealer stock a F150 with optional tow mirrors. We kept the Ford clamp-on tow mirrors we had for our 2015 F150 and have no problems using them with the new truck. We also got Ford's BLISS package for blind spot notification and it's wonderful!

TETO!

Perry
Old 11-24-2019, 01:37 PM   #29

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
50k USD is 10 k more than Karl said at the Pineknot rally. I will be staying with our 21 with no plans to purchase a 23 now.
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 02:06 PM   #30

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
50k USD is 10 k more than Karl said at the Pineknot rally. I will be staying with our 21 with no plans to purchase a 23 now.
$50K base price plus optional upgrades for a 23 ft single hull FG trailer with limited insulation ?
I will wait until they publish the floor plan, standard features, option prices and specs before passing further judgement.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 02:26 PM   #31

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I like ETI offering the 25 as it will hit a different market. In that size/price range without sealed tanks and four season setup, it will be the weak sister. For the fair weather FTers it will be something to consider.
One can never say never, but our plans are staying with our 19 which is serving us well.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 02:59 PM   #32

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I never hear talk about Escape making a longer 5th wheel. Seems like that might allow some more design flexibility.
Old 11-24-2019, 11:15 PM   #33

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
23’ = Cummins or Powerstroke

Colorado the state is a challenge for gas burners.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:38 AM   #34

Gotta love all the Escape planners on this site. I know, I have been guilty too.

I gotta ask, what the heck is the "e" as in e23 in the title? Is it a reference to it being an Escape trailer, though I kinda expect we all know that? I have never seen Escape do this.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:46 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Gotta love all the Escape planners on this site. I know, I have been guilty too.

I gotta ask, what the heck is the "e" as in e23 in the title? Is it a reference to it being an Escape trailer, though I kinda expect we all know that? I have never seen Escape do this.
The poster "oksourdough" set the title and must have seen how we love acronyms here....
Old 11-25-2019, 08:50 AM   #36

Trailer: Escape 19
Shucks, I thought it was an Escape with a Tesla Power Wall...
Edgefiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 11:54 AM   #37

Trailer: 2013 EggCamper
I just want to know the interior height LOL - everything else is second to me LOL.

I've emailed Escape (twice) and messaged their facebook page once (with a read receipt). This was a month ago. NO REPLY! I would have thought a simple reply would have come, even if they are not sure of the answer yet.

I'm still waiting to see if it is a viable future option for us.
Joe & Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 12:04 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe & Cherie View Post
I just want to know the interior height LOL - everything else is second to me LOL.

I've emailed Escape (twice) and messaged their facebook page once (with a read receipt). This was a month ago. NO REPLY! I would have thought a simple reply would have come, even if they are not sure of the answer yet.

I'm still waiting to see if it is a viable future option for us.
I'm not surprised as it is an entirely new mold and until the mold arrives and the first one is hatched, measurements are unknown....if height is concern have you seen an Escape 5.0 TA? it has the highest ceiling right now of all the Escapes while in the kitchen. BTW, I am an ex-Eggccamper myself and I'm glad to be an Escape owner.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:35 PM   #39

Trailer: 2013 EggCamper
Quote:
......have you seen an Escape 5.0 TA?
We sure have Jim and LOVE THEM! They are on the short list! I have a problem over analyzing everything, especially when it comes to spending $$. If we were retired now, we would already own a 5.0TA. Currently, we are trying to justify the price (for the limited days off we get). Including the loss of the truck bed storage, and truck modifications, etc. Just the hitch setup and a new folding bed cover will be 2k Someday tho.......
Joe & Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:29 PM   #40

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe & Cherie View Post
We sure have Jim and LOVE THEM! They are on the short list! I have a problem over analyzing everything, especially when it comes to spending $$. If we were retired now, we would already own a 5.0TA. Currently, we are trying to justify the price (for the limited days off we get). Including the loss of the truck bed storage, and truck modifications, etc. Just the hitch setup and a new folding bed cover will be 2k Someday tho.......
Just how much truck bed storage do you think is lost? Perhaps a square foot. We store one hell of a lot in our truck bed.

Enjoy,

Perry