21' LEDs - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2015, 11:34 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Diamond group RV Parts Catalog

I am not absolutely sure, but I think that the fixtures ETI is currently using in the 21 can be found in the Diamond Group RV Products catalog as items 65429 and 65430. At least they look an awful lot like the lights in my trailer. I found this while looking for replacement bulbs.
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:42 AM   #22

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Pat, wish we had known about the little brass tabs because we had a double pancake that had been installed later that was flickering a great deal lately.

Leon, thank you for the numbers and I was wondering if Diamond was the place to go. Those are not wedges, at least, not to me. Don't know what to call them.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 01:16 AM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Those are not wedges, at least, not to me. Don't know what to call them.
Since they dont screw in (like a screw/edison base) and since they dont twist in (like a bayonet base) they are indeed wedges. These have a 194 (T10) base.

Here's a photo of a wedge base LED (its a tower but the base is a 194) next to a traditional glass wedge bulb for comparison. The second photo is of a wedge base LED from Diamond Group, the company you mentioned. Its very similar to the ones in my overhead fixtures.
Attached Thumbnails
194-led-bulb-incandescent-comparison-wled-xhp15-tac.jpg   260442360.jpg  
Old 06-06-2015, 01:43 AM   #24

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Since they dont screw in (like a screw/edison base) and since they dont twist in (like a bayonet base) they are indeed wedges. These have a 194 (T10) base.

Here's a photo of a wedge base LED (its a tower but the base is a 194) next to a traditional glass wedge bulb for comparison. The second photo is of a wedge base LED from Diamond Group, the company you mentioned. Its very similar to the ones in my overhead fixtures.
I recognize the glass one as a wedge like the ones we had in our 19'. The other ones threw me because of the side-by-side set-up that makes them look different. So they are push-ins, for want of any other description, and you are saying that that makes them wedges. Okay, I'll go for that!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 11:00 AM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
I recognize the glass one as a wedge like the ones we had in our 19'. The other ones threw me because of the side-by-side set-up that makes them look different. So they are push-ins, for want of any other description, and you are saying that that makes them wedges. Okay, I'll go for that!
Correct. They "wedge" in place. Also, the space between the conductors is the same as the old glass wedges, so the socket accepts either kind. That is not to say that all T10 wedges are right for the fixture, but they will fit the socket.