21' LEDs - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-06-2015, 12:34 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
LeonW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Posts: 981
Diamond group RV Parts Catalog

I am not absolutely sure, but I think that the fixtures ETI is currently using in the 21 can be found in the Diamond Group RV Products catalog as items 65429 and 65430. At least they look an awful lot like the lights in my trailer. I found this while looking for replacement bulbs.
__________________

LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 01:42 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
float5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison, Texas
Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Posts: 4,908
Pat, wish we had known about the little brass tabs because we had a double pancake that had been installed later that was flickering a great deal lately.

Leon, thank you for the numbers and I was wondering if Diamond was the place to go. Those are not wedges, at least, not to me. Don't know what to call them.
__________________

__________________
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
Emerson
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:16 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Those are not wedges, at least, not to me. Don't know what to call them.
Since they dont screw in (like a screw/edison base) and since they dont twist in (like a bayonet base) they are indeed wedges. These have a 194 (T10) base.

Here's a photo of a wedge base LED (its a tower but the base is a 194) next to a traditional glass wedge bulb for comparison. The second photo is of a wedge base LED from Diamond Group, the company you mentioned. Its very similar to the ones in my overhead fixtures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 194-led-bulb-incandescent-comparison-wled-xhp15-tac.jpg (139.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 260442360.jpg (44.9 KB, 3 views)
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:43 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
float5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison, Texas
Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Posts: 4,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Since they dont screw in (like a screw/edison base) and since they dont twist in (like a bayonet base) they are indeed wedges. These have a 194 (T10) base.

Here's a photo of a wedge base LED (its a tower but the base is a 194) next to a traditional glass wedge bulb for comparison. The second photo is of a wedge base LED from Diamond Group, the company you mentioned. Its very similar to the ones in my overhead fixtures.
I recognize the glass one as a wedge like the ones we had in our 19'. The other ones threw me because of the side-by-side set-up that makes them look different. So they are push-ins, for want of any other description, and you are saying that that makes them wedges. Okay, I'll go for that!
__________________
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
Emerson
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:00 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
I recognize the glass one as a wedge like the ones we had in our 19'. The other ones threw me because of the side-by-side set-up that makes them look different. So they are push-ins, for want of any other description, and you are saying that that makes them wedges. Okay, I'll go for that!
Correct. They "wedge" in place. Also, the space between the conductors is the same as the old glass wedges, so the socket accepts either kind. That is not to say that all T10 wedges are right for the fixture, but they will fit the socket.
__________________

__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.