5.0 Build - Have To Think Fast! U Shape Dinette or Not? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2018, 03:02 PM   #41

Trailer: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotch View Post
The battery box takes a bit of that space, just so you know.
The battery box is to the rear with the wooden tie down.
A few questions regarding the batteries:

1. Are those battery storage boxes sealed?
2. What type does ETI spec in thier trailers (AGM, wet cell, etc.)?
3. Is there room to add more? For instance, could you add a couple more 6V batteries to extend your amp hours for boondocking?
Old 08-08-2018, 03:41 PM   #42

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Send a message via MSN to kwthere Send a message via Yahoo to kwthere
The U dinette works well. I have the 6v batteries as well as the passenger side outside access hatch. All is good.
kwthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 03:42 PM   #43

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
I have the 2 6v option, they are wet cell. The round hole cut in plywood is to allow easier topping up of outside battery. The box is sealed and vented to the outside. The attached pic is under back bench. Maybe you could fit a couple more batteries back there. Or possibly on the side of the hot water heater, though I think it would require moving some of the electrical stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
12D614CC-1887-434F-ABF2-00E3836332A9.jpg   DC1C2C11-B054-4258-BC4E-C45D13AE083F.jpg  
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:08 PM   #44

Trailer: 2016/ 5TA Spirit Bear
U shaped dinette for us no question. Had an extra cushion cut so we could turn the whole area into a lounge. Appreciate the back cushion here. Some advise we are about to order a back cushion about 2 inches thicker as the stock one is very narrow and impossible to prop your arm up on.
Mark James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:28 PM   #45

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21'
U shape dinette

We had a U shape dinette in our first Escape, (single axel) 5.0 and now have a 21 with bench seating. I much prefer the U shape. You won’t be sorry if you order it. We have made mods to our bench seat to make it look like a U shape and even had Reace make a smaller table for us. The U shape was more useful for us. Congratulations. You will love your trailer.
vmull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 05:10 PM   #46

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Send a message via MSN to kwthere Send a message via Yahoo to kwthere
The two 6v batteries have quite a bit of reserve. With the solar panel, I can go indefinitely.
kwthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 05:11 PM   #47

Trailer: Escape 21 2019
I am working on a build sheet for my second Escape 21.
I am ordering the U shapes dinette and I am having the rear bench extended to 22 inches .
Good luck with your decisions!!
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 05:12 PM   #48

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
We had them widen it 2 inches to be able to sit there if we choose. Our decision !!!!!!!!
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 05:13 PM   #49

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
As with many things with our varied camping styles, the dinette choices exemplify just how broad the spectrum of our wants and needs are. What works for some, does not work as well for others. I see many thoughts here that contradict my own, and vise versa.

What is great is that we can draw from everyone's ideas to help formulate what might work best for us. I am constantly getting ideas on here, even ones regarding the U-shaped dinette that I am thinking of incorporating, or at least giving a good look, in order to better use ours.

Unrelated to the shape of the dinette, one thing I did in the last few days was I was adding a portable solar port and coax port and tying them in, which for the solar included some splicing and a couple MC4 connectors, for the coax it was just twist on the cable. I made the dinette into a bed and laid down on cushions while working. When I was done I was wondering what else I might do under the benches, it was such a comfy working position. Heck, I even had a quick cap nap and right back to work without even moving.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:08 PM   #50

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Hi we bought a 2017 5th wheel with a U-Shaped Dinette, we love it, but we reinforced the back wall and installed a Lagun table support instead of the pedestals. That also made a bit difference.
S&SDowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:00 PM   #51

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
I forgot to mention yesterday that we also ordered the 4" rear seat back cushion and extended the rear bench 4".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Jean View Post
HOWEVER, one thing I would have have liked done is to have the two back bench cushions cut in half. It’s a pain to lift up the two very LONG back cushions. I do store things back there, i.e., winter clothes, etc. Just my HO.
Thank you Carla Jean! Today we talked and the back cushion will be cut in half. Is the back bench seat also full width? I'm going to call tomorrow and if it is we'll have that cut in half too!

Enjoy,

Perry

Tags
5.0 build, u-shape dinette