5.0TA bath size and related questions - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2019, 12:03 AM   #21

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Looking at the pictures that Dave posted, there is probably a bit more room side to side compared to what we owned before. If so, it seems that a side flush might be easier to operate compared to what we had(?).
The standard flush on the side is very easy to operate. I don’t have experience with the foot flush, but I’m inclined to think they are more user friendly with a little more room in the bath (like a 21).
Old 02-24-2019, 05:03 AM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
The standard flush on the side is very easy to operate. I don’t have experience with the foot flush, but I’m inclined to think they are more user friendly with a little more room in the bath (like a 21).
The peddle is on the front of the toilet, so they work well regardless of the trailer model. I like it mainly for when I'm rinsing out the black tank, because it's a cinch to keep the trap open and still have two hands.
Old 02-24-2019, 05:05 AM   #23
Site Team

There are some advantages to being 5'10" and under 200 lbs - and fitting into the bathroom in our 19 is one of them. Just the occasional elbow bang on the sidewalls if I'm taking a shower. It works, but is very tight. The 21 bath by comparison is only a few inches wider but is much deeper, and feels much larger to us.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:57 AM   #24

Trailer: 2014 5.0TA "The HAB"
Taken a few showers in the TA, like most couples, the wife more than me as I use the campground facilities if they’re even a little decent. I don’t even bother to try standing up, the on/off button on the shower head is handy for a navy shower (wet down, lather up, rinse) all while sitting on the WC. Sometimes we flip to see who goes last and has to dry up!
Tford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 10:22 AM   #25

Trailer: escape 21, 2018
We had a foot flush on the toilet in our Casita in a past life and now have the side flush in our Escape. The foot flush was easy to operate, but over time it got scratched and dirty looking from our shoes. Even with a wipe down it looked grungy. I find both flush systems easy to operate--there is always a wall available to help with balance with the foot flush and it is easier to keep the flapper valve open while flushing out the black tank with a wand. However, if I had it to do again I would still go with the side flush which is up by the back of the seat.
snowmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 10:38 AM   #26

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Showers

We have had both the 19 and 21 model Escapes. we've taken a lot of showers in each.The 21 shower is more spacious however the 19 shower is adequate. I am about the same height as Robert Bryan but in my case a little short of 5'10". However, I am considerably heavier than Robert. and I get along just fine in either shower. I take my time when moving about, what little I do. The only negative is that I cannot develop full volume when doing a Pavarotti inspired aria. My arms cannot be fully extended above my shoulders to get maximum volume. Paints a picture don't it?
I don't spend much time in the bathroom. in fact i usually use the provided CG restroom even in the middle of the night. i can go right back to sleep even after a walk in brisk evening air or a light rain. Its a gift.
Iowa Dave
Old 02-24-2019, 11:37 AM   #27

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: All... Bathroom size is a moot point for me. I'm a perfect size 40. 40 Chest, 40 waist, and 40 Hips!!! LoL Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie "Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt".
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 01:19 PM   #28

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
i can go right back to sleep even after a walk in brisk evening air or a light rain. Its a gift.
Iowa Dave

It's a disgusting gift, if you ask me. I timed Dirk once and he was asleep and snoring in less than a minute. Totally disgusting.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:06 PM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
I can go right back to sleep even after a walk in brisk evening air or a light rain. Its a gift.

Iowa Dave
Yes Dave, but anyone who's met you knows, there are more gifts! [emoji23]
Old 02-24-2019, 07:40 PM   #30
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
It's a disgusting gift, if you ask me. I timed Dirk once and he was asleep and snoring in less than a minute. Totally disgusting.
Funny - wifey says the same thing..........

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 08:14 PM   #31

Another gift I perfected in 32 years of getting paid to work for the public in their park systems was the ability to lay on my side on a picnic table seat, turn slightly inward just past the rolling over tipping point which made my shoulder contact the table top and stopped me from falling through. Then close my eyes and bingo catnap city. Never broke a 2 x 10 either. Although few creaked.
Hey Alf. Did you ever personally know any Mr. Five by Fives. I’ve had the pleasure of knowing two.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-07-2019, 02:41 AM   #32

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
Hi Merlin,
We purchased our 5TA back in 2014 and included all of the features available because we could. No regrets

However, my wife and I only tried the shower (not bath) once. After doing so, I felt a tremendous amount of compassion and respect for Clark Kent for changing into his Superman outfit in a phone booth Never again I said

The good news was that we had the outdoor shower installed. Although we have traveled the continent extensively, we are not big boondockers. But one occasion where we did, I decided to use the outdoor shower. Out I went in my bathing suit and flip flops and fired up the outdoor shower. But before doing so, I carefully checked for any incoming ordinance and I found all was clear. As I showered, I could not help but to decide to lower my trunks and turn towards the wilderness. But as luck would have it, as soon I stared to enjoy my independence, I heard a whistle from behind me. Sure enough, a couple was walking down the road some 50 ft. behind me. Turned out the whistle came from the female and her partner was not impressed. Being an amateur astronomer, I realized that they were truly experiencing a "Full Moon" But from an earthly perspective, I decided unlike the actual Moon I would add a bit of motion to it. My effort resulted in an applause from the female, but I heard a response from her partner that went... "REALLY"... Well, apparently some folks have no sense of humour

That night, I went to bed with a smile on my face And no, I did not share this with my wife at the time... After all, at times... Silence is Golden...

Merlin, I hope this helps...
Larry
Stargeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:39 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargeezer View Post
Hi Merlin,
We purchased our 5TA back in 2014 and included all of the features available because we could. No regrets

However, my wife and I only tried the shower (not bath) once. After doing so, I felt a tremendous amount of compassion and respect for Clark Kent for changing into his Superman outfit in a phone booth Never again I said

The good news was that we had the outdoor shower installed. Although we have traveled the continent extensively, we are not big boondockers. But one occasion where we did, I decided to use the outdoor shower. Out I went in my bathing suit and flip flops and fired up the outdoor shower. But before doing so, I carefully checked for any incoming ordinance and I found all was clear. As I showered, I could not help but to decide to lower my trunks and turn towards the wilderness. But as luck would have it, as soon I stared to enjoy my independence, I heard a whistle from behind me. Sure enough, a couple was walking down the road some 50 ft. behind me. Turned out the whistle came from the female and her partner was not impressed. Being an amateur astronomer, I realized that they were truly experiencing a "Full Moon" But from an earthly perspective, I decided unlike the actual Moon I would add a bit of motion to it. My effort resulted in an applause from the female, but I heard a response from her partner that went... "REALLY"... Well, apparently some folks have no sense of humour

That night, I went to bed with a smile on my face And no, I did not share this with my wife at the time... After all, at times... Silence is Golden...

Larry
Now there’s a camping experience that is not likely to be topped. And great telling.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-07-2019, 08:27 AM   #34

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Now there’s a camping experience that is not likely to be topped. And great telling.
Iowa Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... That is exactly why I've never used my outside shower. I need no excuse to "Bottom out"!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie "Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt".
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 09:34 AM   #35

Trailer: 505 5.0TA
Quote:
Hi Merlin,

Larry

Outdoor shower - check
Suspenders - check
Practice dance moves - check

Thanks Larry. That is a hoot! Good story, practical and yes, it sounds tight enough that my birthday suit might be needed.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:32 PM   #36

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:
Hi Merlin,

Larry
I carry a Cabela's shower tent and set it up so I can use it with the outside shower if we are staying more than a few days. This way we can shower and not fill the gray tank or moon the neighbors!. I have a water tank and pump in the back of the truck to go get water so fresh water is no problem.
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote