5.0TA bath size and related questions - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2019, 10:23 AM   #1

Trailer: Passport Ultra Lite
5.0TA bath size and related questions

Hi, I'm hoping to get a better understanding of the coziness and frustrations (if any) of the 5.0TA bath.

I've seen a couple of posts mention that the size is the same as the 19. I don't find the TA dimensions on the Escape site but found the 19. It seems a little tight.

Here is my concern. We once owned a fun teardrop with a slide. It had a good layout and plenty of storage. But the bath pushed us to sell it. Managing to get in and out of the bath area was tricky at best and unsafe at night with lights off. The issue was combination of too small of a space combined with a 4" raised shower/bath. Plumbing was the reason for the 4" step up/down. Ended up disliking the shower/bath so much that we sold the rig.

I'm wondering if someone can describe the 5.0TA shower/bath for the following:
- Is there a difference in the floor level, outside vs. inside?
- How difficult is turning around inside?
- How difficult is using the flush? (the one we had prior was very difficult to operate)
- How much elbow room is there inside the shower/bath, both standing and sitting?

Ok, so I tried to word this post to stay away from the probable bathroom joking and TMI replies that may follow but I'm prepared for a few . The above questions are genuine concerns if anyone has helpful comments. BTW, I'm pretty much sold on the 5.0TA except the bath, bumper pull is not in the cards.

Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 10:35 AM   #2

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Here are a couple of photos of the bathroom to give you an idea of the floor space. The floor is not raised, but there is about a 4" lip to step over at the bottom of the doorway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P9244449.jpg (74.0 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg P9244451.jpg (69.9 KB, 29 views)

Old 02-23-2019, 10:36 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
BTW, I'm pretty much sold on the 5.0TA except the bath, bumper pull is not in the cards.
To each their own - but the 21' bath is great. No problems for a big guy to use. I looked at the 19/5.0TA bath before we ordered - it was a deal breaker for us because of the cramped size and went with the 21'.

Maybe reshuffle the cards?
Old 02-23-2019, 10:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
Here are a couple of photos of the bathroom to give you an idea of the floor space. The floor is not raised, but there is about a 4" lip to step over at the bottom of the doorway.

Thank you David. That was a big question I had and the photos help quite a bit.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
To each their own - but the 21' bath is great. No problems for a big guy to use. I looked at the 19/5.0TA bath before we ordered - it was a deal breaker for us because of the cramped size and went with the 21'.

Maybe reshuffle the cards?

Thanks TDF. That's what I'm thinking about the space. I was lucky to get to see a 21' here in Albuquerque. It looked fine for the space.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:12 AM   #6

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
I opted to delete the sink in the bathroom. A bit more room and we don't miss having it. It's a tight space but not uncomfortably so. Try not to drop the soap while showering however!!
Mark&Elaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 11:31 AM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
I'm 6'2" and 220 lbs. The only time I have issues with the size of the 5.0TA bathroom is lifting my arms when showering, I bash into the walls. The head is fine as is the foot flush which some don't like. I would prefer the bigger bath in the 21 but that was not to be. We're used to it and find it works fine, we do however use the showers in the campground when practical, keeps the grey tank from filling, saves from using our fresh when we have no hookups, don't have to dry the shower, and eliminates a lot of moisture.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark&Elaine View Post
I opted to delete the sink in the bathroom. A bit more room and we don't miss having it. It's a tight space but not uncomfortably so. Try not to drop the soap while showering however!!

Lol, yes I can see that as a tricky situation. I'd hadn't thought about deleting the sink. That sounds like a good move. Thanks!
Old 02-23-2019, 11:50 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
I'm 6'2" and 220 lbs. The only time I have issues with the size of the 5.0TA bathroom is lifting my arms when showering, I bash into the walls. The head is fine as is the foot flush which some don't like. I would prefer the bigger bath in the 21 but that was not to be. We're used to it and find it works fine, we do however use the showers in the campground when practical, keeps the grey tank from filling, saves from using our fresh when we have no hookups, don't have to dry the shower, and eliminates a lot of moisture.
The teardrop had a side flush. Needed to be a bit of a contortionist to find it and operating was very awkward in the tight space. I'm glad to hear that the 5.0TA comes with a foot flush.

We don't get to go for long trips very often and usually end up in places that have showers. In fact, we've never used the shower in any campers we've owned. Have had a few bucket scrub downs when boon docking too.

Thank you Bob. This is very helpful.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:57 AM   #10
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 2ndG Escape 21'LE DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
The foot flush is an option and do not forget that the toilet is raised, at least 10" off the floor as the holding tank is underneath.