5 Person in 21 Escape - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2018, 10:02 PM   #21

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
... The only thing I can think of is because the floor is raised it creates a space issue for the bed relative to the cot as the brackets need to stay under the windows.
Using the bench seat framework as a base, It wouldn't take much to build a free-standing frame for a cot over the top of the rear dinette made into a bed and anchor it to the refrigerator and galley walls. It would take some designing to make it collapsable so as to be able to use the dinette again when wanted/needed, but seems doable.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:11 AM   #22

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Quote:
Who knows what ideas Reace and co. have up their sleeves for the future....
Like maybe, an Escape 23 - with twin beds up front, and a side bath. just dreaming
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:16 AM   #23

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
3 in a 21

We did have 3 adults in a 21 for a long weekend when we were outside a lot but it didn't compare to the 4 of us in a 13 Scamp. We towed that all over and the kids were still small enough to ride in the rumble seat where they didn't have put up with seat belts.
Jack (we are starting to get paper work for the 17)
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 11:10 AM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
I like it Chris. The idea of a "21A" has been discussed before. One of the difficulties would be that the factory would have to come up with all the modified components and build process, and justify the cost and time in doing so because there's a demand. There's only one "A" model on the site, the 17A, mainly because they sell them.

You could make a case for "if you build it they will come" I suppose.

The demand (or lack of demand) for product rules business decisions. After we ordered our 17A, (in Nov., 2014, when you could still order a 15A, or even a 19A) I had heard from Tammy that over 98% of their orders were for B models.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 01:54 PM   #25

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
The 19 sleeps 5, even without the bunk. Simply give the kids the queen and parents take the dinette as bed. That way you still can sit at the dinette while kids are sleeping. Queen size easily fits 3 kids.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:12 PM   #26
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
The 19 sleeps 5, even without the bunk. Simply give the kids the queen and parents take the dinette as bed. That way you still can sit at the dinette while kids are sleeping. Queen size easily fits 3 kids.
So I went back in time Marry and imagined myself and my wife with 3 youngsters, camping in a 19, and it was time to go to bed.

We wound up on the queen sized bed with the memory foam mattress, and as for the kids it was every man for himself. [emoji23]
Old 05-29-2018, 05:27 PM   #27

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
I just wrote a detailed note that got erased so here goes a second try.

Bottom line — are there enough conveniences with a 19 that it is worth the money you will spend when you either have to make up the dinette bed each night or have to leave it as a bed and forego the dinette? Will it be pleasant to cook inside with three children or will you be planning to do most cooking outside? Will the children each be able to have a storage area for their personal things?

We had a 31’ airstream with 4 kids — when the fifth came along we bought property and only went on one trip with him. The airstream was old and there was no couch so we put chair beds on the floor and slept there with the youngest. There was a pull out table but it was worthless so we mostly ate outside or in bad weather we sat on the floor. The older three kids each had their own bunk and own storage place and the bathroom in the back was huge
By RV standards.

A 19 is much smaller and I don’t know that I’d want to have three kids in ours, but if you have a screen tent that could serve as an extra room. Our oldest did move into a tent at 13. Ask yourself if you’d be just as happy with a popup — a lot cheaper.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:35 PM   #28

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post

We wound up on the queen sized bed with the memory foam mattress, and as for the kids it was every man for himself. [emoji23]
No wonder they all moved out

Back in time, for years, we were sleeping with 9 in a trailer. You had to shove them to the side to get to the bathroom. Lots and lots of good, fun memories.
And what did we end up with?: Kids living in our yard.
Maybe I should have followed your way of thinking....
Old 06-08-2018, 10:38 AM   #29
JD9

Trailer: 2017 19'
I know it’s not your question, but we have the 19 foot with gaucho bunk and I wish we had about 30’. Our kids are 5,5, and 1. I figure at some point they’ll sleep in a tent! We would love to spend all of our time outside, but when rain comes or to escape heat, there is no where to lounge comfortably. We actually cut our losses recently and came home a day early since it was raining all day. Yes, we could have played in the rain but my husband is a little ocd about cleanliness. Just food for thought!
JD9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:39 AM   #30
JD9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake930 View Post
Like maybe, an Escape 23 - with twin beds up front, and a side bath. just dreaming
I like how you dream!
Old 06-08-2018, 02:38 PM   #31

Trailer: 2018 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD9 View Post
I know it’s not your question, but we have the 19 foot with gaucho bunk and I wish we had about 30’. Our kids are 5,5, and 1. I figure at some point they’ll sleep in a tent! We would love to spend all of our time outside, but when rain comes or to escape heat, there is no where to lounge comfortably. We actually cut our losses recently and came home a day early since it was raining all day. Yes, we could have played in the rain but my husband is a little ocd about cleanliness. Just food for thought!
Do you have a gaucho bunk or a cot in your 19?

From the Escape website, it lists the gaucho bunk as an option for the 17, a cot bunk as an option for the 19, and no bunk option for the 21. We are a family of four and got the 17B with gaucho bunks.

With the 19, you get a full size bed underneath and a single cot above, so if two kids are okay sharing a bed long-term, that set up could sleep a family of 5.

Here's the gaucho bunk picture on the Escape 17 options tab:

That doesn't show it set up, so here's a picture of our 17B with it in bunk bed mode:

Here's the cot picture on the Escape 19 options tab:
Jon & Adrienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:55 PM   #32
JD9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon & Adrienne View Post
Do you have a gaucho bunk or a cot in your 19?

From the Escape website, it lists the gaucho bunk as an option for the 17, a cot bunk as an option for the 19, and no bunk option for the 21. We are a family of four and got the 17B with gaucho bunks.

With the 19, you get a full size bed underneath and a single cot above, so if two kids are okay sharing a bed long-term, that set up could sleep a family of 5.

Here's the gaucho bunk picture on the Escape 17 options tab:

That doesn't show it set up, so here's a picture of our 17B with it in bunk bed mode:

Here's the cot picture on the Escape 19 options tab:

Sorry we have the cot.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1648.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	316.4 KB
ID:	31992
Old 06-08-2018, 03:41 PM   #33

Trailer: 2018 17B
Thanks for confirming about the cot. We were a little confused on the different bunk options when we first started looking at Escapes, so I just wanted to help clarify for the original poster and anyone else reading this thread considering bunks.

Your daughters look very cozy in their beds!

What you said about being cramped inside when it rains makes total sense.
Jon & Adrienne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21 ft, 5 person