8 ? about 2017 21’ pole, valances, jacket hooks, 120v outlet by stove, side tables - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2016, 09:14 PM   #11

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
I was going to do the mod myself then supply it as "ready to install"
I bet if you did this, and had it ready to just install in the trailer when picking up, they would do that. It is just the cutting down of the top of the pedestal they may balk at.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:14 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape 21', "Cardinals' Nest"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
Hi all

1) why is there a chrome pole by the sink on the 21’?
I assume it is a “hand grab” for entry into the Escape 21’?

6) I think we’ll not get the optional cubbies just outside the bathroom door, but instead put Umbra hooks at about 6’ high, and mother Umbra hook about 3’ high… and use those for hanging jackets / headlamps / hats.
Has anyone done this, and how well does that work out?
Note - my wife and I do NOT want to hang that stuff in the bed area at all.

1) We use the 'stripper pole' as a steadying hand grab, but for really pulling on, we had Escape install a second hand grab on the other side of the door.

2) We also concluded that just outside the bathroom door was the best place for us to hang jackets, etc, so we didn't get the Escape-made cubbies. Instead we bought the half-height cubbies from Tractors1 and had him install them, leaving room for the (now discontinued) 6-hook Umbra vertical hooks near the 6' height. We're really happy that we didn't get the Escape cubbies – this way we have a place for our jackets plus storage for things we want to pick up on our way out the door – which is still evolving.

Art and Kathy

Art M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:51 PM   #13

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
8 ? about 2017 21’ pole, valances, jacket hooks, 120v outlet by stove, side tables

The so-called "stripper pole" in the 21 is not there as a hand grab (although it is often used for that) but a structural support. The upper cabinets have to span quite a distance with no bulkhead to attach to, so the pole provides more support on the upper cabinet end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2016, 10:02 PM   #14

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape born Dec 28, 2016, Casita 17' (sold)
Thank you all for all your great info... I am so happy to have almost all my answers in about 3 hours.

My only remaining question is for owners of a 21' who don't have the U shaped dinette.... but who do have at least one small pop up table in the dinette area

-either just aft of the stove, or aft of the fridge.

I’m a little concerned about clearance for using the dinette when these pop up side tables are in the down position…. in terms of getting in and out of the dinette. I know they eat up only a few inches when down….. but….. I’m wider than I once was. ;-)

Should I be Ok with the hybrid Springfield pedestal / Dicor slide combo to just slide the table a bit to passenger side or driver side to get enough space to slide into the bench?

thanks.
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:35 PM   #15

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 "LollyPop", sold Coleman pop up
Art, can you send more info or a link on the half height cubbies from Tractors1 that you mentioned?
casejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:33 AM   #16

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape born Dec 28, 2016, Casita 17' (sold)
Update - thanks to the nice folks on this forum I was able to determine that as we are NOT getting the U Shaped dinette - on our 2017 21' there isn't much reason to get a Dicor slide.

My only remaining question is for owners of a 21' who don't have the U shaped dinette.... but who do have at least one small pop up table in the dinette area

-either just aft of the stove, or aft of the fridge.

I’m a little concerned about clearance for using the dinette when these pop up side tables are in the down position…. in terms of getting in and out of the dinette. I know they eat up only a few inches when down….. but….. I’m wider than I once was. ;-)

Should I be Ok with the Springfield pedestal to just slide the table a bit to passenger side or driver side to get enough space to slide into the bench?

thanks.
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:15 AM   #17

8 ? about 2017 21’ pole, valances, jacket hooks, 120v outlet by stove, side tables

The short answer is yes, John. The flip up tables are great if you need more counter space, but I don't really see a need for them at the dinette. In a 21, I might consider adding one near the bed, on the side of the bathroom wall. Handy for a drink while you're lounging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-15-2016, 08:21 AM   #18
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
The only time I think the flip ups are valuable in the dinette, is if you don't have a table at all! Like me, in my u-shape dinette. If you're thinking you need one, when in bed mode for a place to put glasses or a phone... I think you'd be better off putting those in a overhead cupboard over the bed. YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 10:50 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
The only time I think the flip ups are valuable in the dinette, is if you don't have a table at all! Like me, in my u-shape dinette. If you're thinking you need one, when in bed mode for a place to put glasses or a phone... I think you'd be better off putting those in a overhead cupboard over the bed. YMMV
Yep, a great arrangement if you decide to forego a table. Solo camper? That works.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:35 AM   #20

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Another thought on the flip up table in the dinette. Are you getting the stock formica? If so, I'm sure ETI has a bunch of those tables already made. You could hold one in position when you pick up and see if it works for you. If so, hand over some more moolah and get them to install it right then and there, during orientation. If they'll do this, of course. You'll have to ask.

If you're getting custom formica, well then, that option won't work.

Personally, though, if I had the table installed for use all (or most) of the time, I wouldn't get 'em. Even with the table slide to the side, it can be a tight fit for those that aren't in the skinny-butt department (not that I know anything about that - HA!).

You won't really need them while sitting at the dinette as you'll have the table there. You also won't need them for extra counter space while preparing meals as you'll have the table to use, plus the one at the other end of the kitchen counter (by the door). And if you really need more prep room - plunk stuff on the bed or on top of the cabinet by the end of the bed.

We're getting 'em as we're getting the u-shape dinette to be used for lounging and such. We're getting the table, however it won't be installed nor will the support thingies for the floor. It's gonna be stored in the attic for when/if the trailer gets sold on to another owner and they might want it. I know we won't.