8 ? about 2017 21’ pole, valances, jacket hooks, 120v outlet by the stove, pop up tables.
I have been pouring over the build sheet, and reading many It’s Friday posts, and looking at dozens of It’s Friday photos.
We will be getting a 2107 21’. It is ordered.
We will NOT be getting the U-shaped dinette.
Yes I know that mid May 2016 interior photos of the 2017 19’ will be released, and from that I can extrapolate much of how the 2017 21’ interior will look. :-)
A few more questions for all the wise 21’ owners
1) why is there a chrome pole by the sink on the 21’?
I assume it is a “hand grab” for entry into the Escape 21’?
2) Is it structural?
3) can it be omitted without negative consequence?
4) I’m not a fan of having dinette fabric pattern on the window valances.
We will get the frameless thermal windows all around.
Does anyone know what color the interior frame metal will be ? Black?
If so… I assume I could provide black fabric for the window valances?
5) Has anyone done “ black fabric for the window valances” and how does it look? Any downsides?
6) I think we’ll not get the optional cubbies just outside the bathroom door, but instead put Umbra hooks at about 6’ high, and mother Umbra hook about 3’ high… and use those for hanging jackets / headlamps / hats.
Has anyone done this, and how well does that work out?
Note - my wife and I do NOT want to hang that stuff in the bed area at all.
7) In the kitchen we’ll leave the stock 120v outlet where it is, but would like to add another (in a similar place to that) but as far aft as possible, so in other words just below the 2 stove burners. (with the stove turned sideways, to gain more counter space)
We’ll keep a wooden cutting board (with short legs) over the stove, and will keep coffee grinder & blender in that area.
Has anyone put a 120v outlet there? Is there clearance between cabinet upper face and stove top guts?
8) We will not get the U shaped dinette, and we’ll have ETI install a hybrid Springfield pedestal / Dicor slide combo. :-)
We want to add a pop up side table in the dinette area -either just aft of the stove, or aft of the fridge.
I’m a little concerned about clearance for using the dinette when these pop up side tables are in the down position…. in terms of getting in and out of the dinette. I know they eat up only a few inches when down….. but….. I’m wider than I once was. ;-)
Should I be Ok with the hybrid Springfield pedestal / Dicor slide combo to just slide the table a bit to passenger side or driver side to get enough space to slide into the bench?