A Life Story. Oh and Some New Buyer Questions Too!! - Page 12 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2015, 09:52 PM   #111

Trailer: 2007 Escape 17B
Hi Nathan, welcome back I would definitely go for the 19. It sounds perfect for you. Due to our 3500 lb tow rating we have a 17B and while we love our little trailer, would definitely go to a 19 if we could. Why? Mostly for the queen bed and the larger 2nd dinette than the 17B. That little bit of extra room would be SOOO nice. The bed in a 21 is smaller than a queen, and personally I'm not crazy for the layout, but that's just me, others love their 21. One option we have in our 17B is the gaucho option (basically a bunk bed), but not sure if it's available in the 19. Whatever you end up choosing, you will love it

lorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:11 PM   #112

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Ditto.
And, for all the same reasons.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:13 PM   #113

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19 & 15B
We have the bunk option in our 19'. Our youngest two kids were 17 and 12 when we bought our trailer, one slept on the bunk and the other on the front dinette bed. Worked out fine but was a little cozy. We were down to a single kid for our summer trip last year, and she still wanted to sleep on the bunk rather than the dinette bed. When daughter no longer comes with us in several years, the 19' will have grown to the perfect size for the two of us.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:39 PM   #114

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Dave, with the bunk, did you raise the dinette seats? I think I might want the cot option installed, but my wife is fairly convinced ("over my dead body!" is rather harsh) that she is not going to spend her life looking over out the bottom 2" of the window. Yet, if the benches are raised, it might not give one or the other kid enough room to sleep? That's my fear anyway. We also don't want the floor raised as it is just one more thing for clumsy me to bang into... Sigh...I know, there has to be some concessions...can't have everything...
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 11:00 PM   #115
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
I had the bunk in my 19 but in lieu of raising the bench 2" which will reduce room for the lower berth, I had the cushions made 2" thicker as a compromise. That way they will compress and allow use of the lower bunk, but also allow some increase in height.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:54 AM   #116

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19 & 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanj04011 View Post
Dave, with the bunk, did you raise the dinette seats? I think I might want the cot option installed, but my wife is fairly convinced ("over my dead body!" is rather harsh) that she is not going to spend her life looking over out the bottom 2" of the window. Yet, if the benches are raised, it might not give one or the other kid enough room to sleep? That's my fear anyway. We also don't want the floor raised as it is just one more thing for clumsy me to bang into... Sigh...I know, there has to be some concessions...can't have everything...
We didn't raise the floor or thicken the cushions, and yet we have never had any issues at all seeing out the windows while seated in the front dinette. I am not sure how short you have to be to have your site lines obscured, but obviously we are not affected.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:33 PM   #117

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Now I understand-- if the teens aren't sleeping in the trailer every night and if their stuff isn't in it alll lthe time the extra two feet could be a good thibng. The under bed storage is a great feature, but accessing it requires a little finesse -- as in, I don't want Terry standing nearby. i store overflow things there -- things I don't need every day. BTW, I had been wishing that the blinds were white, but now I'm really glad they are brown. It keeps out more light when we need to do that. At the time there was no option for white -- I don't kknow if that has changed.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 01:23 PM   #118

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
As to the blinds, if the tannish-brown are the only ones offered, we will grow accustomed to them. We just thought that having something blend into the background (walls) would be nice. However, that being said, I'm sure the tan blinds hide dust a little better until the can be cleaned. Especially when camping in the dust of the deserts, which we probably never will be able to experience...

nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote