Advice on upholstery and formica - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2014, 07:18 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 escape 17b
I took your advice and ordered formica and sailbrite samples. From the pictures posted I knew that I wanted a darker formica but I picked out the samples without looking at the names of samples that were shared here. Tonight when they arrived, I picked out my favorite formica color and it was MINERAL JET! I have several reddish orange upholstery samples I like with it. Thanks again!
Lindedelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:35 PM   #22

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Welcome to the Mineral Jet Club.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:59 AM   #23

Trailer: 2014 E21
FYI re upholstery

ETI has advised us that piping is no longer available on custom upholstery.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:35 AM   #24

Trailer: 21' Escape (June 2014)
Here's another thank-you for the advice to look at the larger samples of Formica. My wife didn't like my favorite choice when looking at the small chips, but when she saw the same pattern in the large size she immediately changed her mind!

BTW, I questioned ETI for charging $100 for our choice in Formica since it was a series 58. I was under the mistaken impression that the $100 was only if you chose another finish series. It turns out that it's $100 for anything except the one stock pattern and another $100 for any other series - for a potential total of $200. I might be the only one who had this wrong, but want to clear it up in case anyone else might interpret this as we did.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:54 AM   #25

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Everyone seems to be selecting Formica brand laminates for the countertops. I know when we got our trailer, we could choose from any brands available locally, like Wilsonart, Arborite, etc. Is this option no longer available?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:08 AM   #26

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C
Tammy told us to choose from the Formica brand patterns. Probably single sourcing the laminate to avoid additional chance of error/confusion in the selection.
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:14 AM   #27

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Everyone seems to be selecting Formica brand laminates for the countertops. I know when we got our trailer, we could choose from any brands available locally, like Wilsonart, Arborite, etc. Is this option no longer available?
We had to choose Formica brand even over a year ago when building our 15.
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:30 AM   #28

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
When I ordered my 17B in 2008, this forum didn't exist, so I didn't have to worry about anything, other than to get my deposit in to get the last build to be completed in early July.
Everything standard, no regrets.
And when it comes to color of AC outlets, none of the AC outlets on my 17B are in locations where you would be looking at them. One is under the bed / rear dinette area. One under the flip up counter in the same area, and one on the side of the wardrobe. Never occurred to me to relocate or change the colour.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:04 AM   #29

Trailer: Escape 21
For those who are considering purchasing upholstery fabric, Sailrite is having a 15% off sale through Monday, February 17 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern time (be sure to double check the end time).
tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:59 AM   #30

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
Interior finishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindedelman View Post
Thanks for the advice! I have ordered samples from Sailbrite and Formica. Please continue to share pictures!

When I ordered our Escape a few years ago, I wanted interior materials that Escape didn't supply - I wanted mineral jet radiance for the counters, solid black for the edge trim and screw covers plus a different fabric and vinyl flooring. I bought and supplied the materials and Escape was fine with installing them. Funny - all my choices are now readily available through them! That's another great thing about Escape - they're willing to listen and if at all possible, they'll make it happen.
Attached Thumbnails
trailer interior.jpg   trailer pillow.jpg   interior trailer.jpg  
LBaranyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:44 AM   #31

Trailer: Escape 21
Nice choices--looks great!
tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:47 AM   #32

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21'
Linoleum

Can you change the standard linoleum provided by ETI? If so, do those that change the formica and / or upholstery also change the linoleum?
ATHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:05 AM   #33

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHiker View Post
Can you change the standard linoleum provided by ETI? If so, do those that change the formica and / or upholstery also change the linoleum?
Yes, we just ordered a custom floor for our 19 being built in July. Just go to a flooring store that carries the product and look at Armstrong Vinyl samples, then you order directly from Pioneer Building supplies in Chilliwack. Be aware that if you choose a commercial quality Vinyl it can get pretty expensive, Tammy will tell you how much you need.
Ordering custom fabric from Sailrite was pretty straight forward as well it only took a week to get it to Escape. Again, the best way to view samples is go to a fabric store that carries Sunbrella, when you see it on a roll, it will look different then small swatches.
Barry
Bcdonaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:14 PM   #34

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcdonaher View Post
Yes, we just ordered a custom floor for our 19 being built in July. Just go to a flooring store that carries the product and look at Armstrong Vinyl samples, then you order directly from Pioneer Building supplies in Chilliwack. Be aware that if you choose a commercial quality Vinyl it can get pretty expensive, Tammy will tell you how much you need.
Ordering custom fabric from Sailrite was pretty straight forward as well it only took a week to get it to Escape. Again, the best way to view samples is go to a fabric store that carries Sunbrella, when you see it on a roll, it will look different then small swatches.
Barry
Thanks!!
ATHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:23 AM   #35

Trailer: 2017 Escape21. Pick up date May,2017
Few questions, is that a mirror over stove and did you take valences down and hang curtains? If so,do the rods go across entire back of trailer and how did you hand them?
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
17b, accessories, interior, upholstery