Almost ready for signature - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2019, 05:11 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA pulled by Ram 3500 diesel dually
Almost ready for signature

April 23, my 5.0 build sheet deadline, is quickly approaching. Thank you to everyone that has posted information regarding your order or modifications. With some of my own ideas I believe that I will be ending up with a trailer that will be more than fantastic - and quite unique.

Without going into great detail, I am getting "the works", including: dual solar panels, outside shower on both sides, extra insulation, added 12 volt outlets inside & out, added 12 volt drops in upper cupboards (2 for fans, 2 for future), added 120v outlets inside & outside, added lights outside (door side & rear), and lots more.

I am also having ETI add two "flat back" entry hatches, one front & one rear, that I have pre-installed connectors into. This gives me over 10 connectors for just 2 install charges. The rear one has 2 solar ports (not Zamp) and 3 PL259-type connectors for my weather radio & such. The front one has several tv-style F connectors for satellite tv, cell amplifier, etc and a 120 volt input plug for alternate power for the kickspace heater. Note: ETI declined to install just the 120v input plug so I added it to this hatch. I will then run the wiring from the various connectors to devices.

I will be replacing the solar control & inverter supplied by ETI with my own higher capacity ones. Since I will be using BattleBorn lithium batteries (GC2 version) the converter charging section will get updated, perhaps even a totally new power center if all my mods seem to require it.

I will be adding a second small inverter for my satellite receiver & cell phone amplifier. I will put my own wired rear view camera on the roof as well as an XM satellite radio antenna. I will add an AV switcher/amp, center & subwoofer speakers. I am supplying my own rims & Goodyear Endurance D rated tires as well as kitchen sink & faucet, induction+gas cooktop, microwave, shower hardware, as well as flooring, upholstery & countertop. I have a Breville countertop oven that I will add an outlet for while essentially extending the kitchen counter over the dinette seat for it.

A couple of major changes that I’ll be doing is to move all remote/controls that would normally be scattered in the dinette seat base to above the fridge as well as moving on/off switches to the upper cabinet beside the entry. I have pre-built several electrical boards (plywood base) that includes shunt, fuses, relays, connection points, etc so I can (hopefully) just drop them into the dinette seat base and rewire devices to go thru the relays & thus the switches. I hope to use the boards to make up the support structure for the Lagun table mount but they can be placed wherever and interconnected however they need to be.

To facilitate the on-off switches being grouped by the entry away from the devices as well as the small inverter 120v output cable and some heavy-duty 12v wires for the AV & subwoofer needs I will be running some electrical conduit underneath the trailer from the dinette seat base to the entry side cabinet (3 runs: 120v, 12v, control wires). When the conduits are in place I will return to ETI to have the tank heating pads & spray-on insulation added.

I am headed to the rally with my current Aframe RV so I will drop off my custom items at ETI and sign the build sheet on the way. My truck still will not be empty since I already have a lot of the stuff for adding after delivery (Anderson hitch, solar controller, inverters, kickspace heater, Lagun mount, wire, connectors, tools, etc) as well as my eBike on the front.

If you are going to the rally be prepared for me. I will likely want pics of all your mods and maybe even other things. (Among other things, knowing in advance what is going to be in the way of installing the conduit underneath will let me determine if I use flex or pvc conduit.)
StillCampin is offline   Reply With Quote