Another 21' coming along! Questions - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-19-2015, 12:40 AM   #11
Commercial Member
 
tractors1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Posts: 2,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Thank you for the photos, Charlie, as that space is smaller than I thought. Good idea to only do half. We are reinforcing bed/bath wall and I thought the lower 1/3 is left when they do that but not sure. Don't need lower 1/3 anyway. Expect we will then be able to put hooks for heavy items in bath and on bed wall. Want to hang heavy wet stuff in bath when rains.
Even if you reinforce the wall, I suggest trying to mount hangers with VHB tape before drilling holes. 3M RP45 tape is closed cell and good for bath use; I hung a 10 pound weight on my coat hanger hook for 3 days before deciding to use it in my rig.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg weightest.jpg (165.1 KB, 19 views)
__________________

__________________
Charlie Y

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 01:44 PM   #12
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 13,673
Cathy,
I f you go to Modifications to BlackJack you will see that I have installed several items on the reinforced bath/bed wall, both in the bed and bath areas. I'd stick with the cubbies and I'm working on a mod that will make them more useful, to be discussed when completed. All of my outside lights-3 are on one interior switch, with each one having a off/on switch in addition to.
My flip up table is one the night stand side, very helpful there. The bed area is not that wide to have a table, IMHO. The winterizing does not by pass the water heater, that is on it's own valves and one for the winterizing. Come issue for the electric heater, I just had an outlet installed near where I installed mine to get access to the electric- see same thread mentioned above for pictures.
__________________

__________________
Jim
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why………..Mark Twain
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 02:49 PM   #13
Member
 
WLYBGR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A/2015 21 coming in march
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
Even if you reinforce the wall, I suggest trying to mount hangers with VHB tape before drilling holes. 3M RP45 tape is closed cell and good for bath use; I hung a 10 pound weight on my coat hanger hook for 3 days before deciding to use it in my rig.....
Anybody know of a supply source that VHB Tape,in Calgary
WLYBGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 03:06 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Posts: 10,729
Try this. They could at least direct you since they carry the stuff ( don't think you want a full or partial case )

MOTION INDUSTRIES INC
4155 75TH AVE SE 16
CALGARY, AB T2C2K
Get a Map
Phone: (403)236-5581
__________________
2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 03:39 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Sandra L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Antelope, California
Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2005 Toyota Sienna
Posts: 1,513
One thing I have found handy for foot and paw washes is to have a "y" with shut off levers and hook up a 25' collapsible or curly hose to snake under the trailer.
It would be a bit nippy to use for showers, though.
__________________
Peace and Sunshine
Sandra L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 03:56 PM   #16
Commercial Member
 
tractors1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Posts: 2,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYBGR View Post
Anybody know of a supply source that VHB Tape,in Calgary
Very similar tape used for automotive trim, holds 5 lbs per square inch in tension, should do fine for shear applications like a towel bar.

http://www.amazon.ca/Scotch-Exterior...QWST59PPR4A8AT
__________________
Charlie Y

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 04:28 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
fudge_brownie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Janesville, WI, Wisconsin
Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Posts: 1,226
Some answers:
There is an inside switch for the single outside light, it can possibly be changed to include more of the outside lights - there are three on the 21. We added a second switch for the over head ceiling lights. I believe the second one was extra.

The 21 does not have a low drain point like your 19 did.

I like the cubbies for the simple reason they keep things off the two counter tops. Invariably you have flash lights, wallets, spare change, sun screen, meds, sun glasses, reading glasses and a myriad of easily lost items, the cubbies help keep those things organized. They are especially handy when retiring for the night and you want things where you can find them, that countertop by the 12 volt outlet is handy for a lot of other things and there is a lot of competition for that space.

Pump noise had never been an issue for us, it does make a lot of noise when running. When not using water I would be surprised if it fires off but twice a day. If you are concerned of it waking you at night it is easy to turn off and you will still have water pressure for any after hour use.
__________________
Paul and Janet Braun
2003 Toyota 4Runner V8 now 2012 Toyota Sequoia V8
Escape 19' 2010 now 2014 Escape 21'
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:47 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
float5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison, Texas
Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Posts: 4,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Cathy,
I f you go to Modifications to BlackJack you will see that I have installed several items on the reinforced bath/bed wall, both in the bed and bath areas. I'd stick with the cubbies and I'm working on a mod that will make them more useful, to be discussed when completed. All of my outside lights-3 are on one interior switch, with each one having a off/on switch in addition to.
My flip up table is one the night stand side, very helpful there. The bed area is not that wide to have a table, IMHO. The winterizing does not by pass the water heater, that is on it's own valves and one for the winterizing. Come issue for the electric heater, I just had an outlet installed near where I installed mine to get access to the electric- see same thread mentioned above for pictures.
Your teak bars look great. Where is third exterior light, on front? Didn't know there was another one. They need to update a bunch of their photos. (Showing 6-volts on bumper when inside bench.) Also like the magazine racks everywhere as they can be handy for all kinds of things.
__________________
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
Emerson
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:48 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
float5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison, Texas
Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Posts: 4,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra L View Post
One thing I have found handy for foot and paw washes is to have a "y" with shut off levers and hook up a 25' collapsible or curly hose to snake under the trailer.
It would be a bit nippy to use for showers, though.
We have one of those Ys. Works well.
__________________
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
Emerson
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:54 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
float5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison, Texas
Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Posts: 4,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
Some answers:
There is an inside switch for the single outside light, it can possibly be changed to include more of the outside lights - there are three on the 21. We added a second switch for the over head ceiling lights. I believe the second one was extra.

The 21 does not have a low drain point like your 19 did.

I like the cubbies for the simple reason they keep things off the two counter tops. Invariably you have flash lights, wallets, spare change, sun screen, meds, sun glasses, reading glasses and a myriad of easily lost items, the cubbies help keep those things organized. They are especially handy when retiring for the night and you want things where you can find them, that countertop by the 12 volt outlet is handy for a lot of other things and there is a lot of competition for that space.

Pump noise had never been an issue for us, it does make a lot of noise when running. When not using water I would be surprised if it fires off but twice a day. If you are concerned of it waking you at night it is easy to turn off and you will still have water pressure for any after hour use.
Pump noise seems bad anytime but wonder if others can hear it at night when we stay up late or get up. Doesn't sound so bad if I go outside though but still would like it quieter.

We had freezing one night lately. Just removed the hose and hit the low point drain. Cannot do that with the 21' and should be able to.

Can't decide on those cubbies because our shoes were at the door in the 19'. That space between door and bath is perfect for putting them and maybe some hooks above. We only need part of the cubbies but in the middle!

Thank you for the replies all.
__________________

__________________
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
Emerson
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.