Anyone have a 19 I can view out here? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2018, 11:46 AM   #1
jpz

Trailer: 2014 Casita
Anyone have a 19 I can view out here?

I'm currently staying at a KOA in Willapa Bay. My home base is Walla Walla, and the closest 19 is in Olympia. I haven't heard back from the owners Tammy referred to me, so I'm checking to see if anyone here is close by.
I can view a 21 on the way home this weekend if the owners are home, but my instinct is to purchase a 19...but I would really like to step inside one to compare with my Casita.
But I could be wrong and instead like the room of the 21. I've read all the threads on the pros and cons and just need to see them. Plus I travel with 3 rescue poms and an eskie, so there's that.
My tow vehicle is a 5.3 V-8 Silverado, with tow package, which I love.
jpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:59 AM   #2

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpz View Post
I'm currently staying at a KOA in Willapa Bay. My home base is Walla Walla, and the closest 19 is in Olympia. I haven't heard back from the owners Tammy referred to me, so I'm checking to see if anyone here is close by.
I can view a 21 on the way home this weekend if the owners are home, but my instinct is to purchase a 19...but I would really like to step inside one to compare with my Casita.
But I could be wrong and instead like the room of the 21. I've read all the threads on the pros and cons and just need to see them. Plus I travel with 3 rescue poms and an eskie, so there's that.
My tow vehicle is a 5.3 V-8 Silverado, with tow package, which I love.
I live in Bremerton, WA and have a 2013 E19. This is the prior generation so would not be an exact example of the current offering from ETI. However they have the same layout and you are welcome to come take a look. PM me if interested.

(Take US 101 to state 3 via Shelton to get here. Then ferry to Seattle if you want to go home via I-90.)
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:27 PM   #3
jpz

Thank you...I checked Google maps and the drive would make it really tight for me to make it back to my reserved campsites, traveling back on the weekend.
This is a long shot I know☺️.
Thanks for the offer.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:26 PM   #4

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
I have a 2018 19' on order. It is supposed to hatch on August 15, and we are planning to pick it up and bring it home on Sept. 6. If you haven't found one to view by then, you are welcome to see ours! I think we're about 3 hours from Walla Walla.
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:33 PM   #5

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
It almost sounds like a factory tour in Chilliwack would be easier than driving to Idaho or Bremerton
Upfisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:01 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I have a 2018 19ft and would be willing to show it. We are about 5 hours away from you though. There is a 2017 19ft in Coeure D'Alene, ID (closer to you) that we viewed when we were researching Escape trailers. If you Call Escape Trailer they will provide you the name of the owner in CDA if they were not on the list you already have.
New Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:24 PM   #7
jpz

Oh this sounds promising and I'll follow up with Whitebird or CDA for sure...I can go camping in those areas to make it more practical.
Thank you!
Old 08-07-2018, 03:31 PM   #8

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
We have a 2016 19’ in Bellingham . Will send you a message
Mandomary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:36 PM   #9
jpz

Thank you so much, but I will wait until I return to Walla Walla and make a separate trip, since there are possibly two trailers available for viewing. Whitebird for sure since they have already offered.
That way I won't miss my reservation time frames for this week, upon returning.
Thank you for offering.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:46 PM   #10

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpz View Post
Thank you so much, but I will wait until I return to Walla Walla and make a separate trip, since there are possibly two trailers available for viewing. Whitebird for sure since they have already offered.
That way I won't miss my reservation time frames for this week, upon returning.
Thank you for offering.
Send a PM as your plans solidify!! It could be plus or minus a couple of days before we get it home, Sept. 6 is an estimate. BTW, we bought our 19' never having actually seen an Escape and still haven't seen one, except for a quick glance of a 19' going down the highway... But based on the build pictures ETI has sent so far, we're going to love it. In fact, we're excited beyond words. But for sure, this is perhaps not the best strategy for everyone, probably best to see at least one before diving in!
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:50 PM   #11
jpz

There's no hurry for viewing it, I can wait through last week of September before some family responsibilities really take over and I won't be traveling after that until next spring.
So enjoy your new 19 and I'll be in touch!
Of course you are encouraged to pm me with your first reaction! Lol!
Old 08-07-2018, 11:53 PM   #12

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19'
We have a 2012 19’ in Portland, Oregon that you could view evenings or weekends on your way back to Walla Walla if you return on Hwy 84. PM me if this might work.
DMPortland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 01:39 PM   #13
jpz

Thanks for the offer!
I've lived in a small town for 20 years now and gotten out of the habit of driving in big cities...unless you are a fair distance from the city of Portland itself, I would find manuevering through downtown traffic, in an unknown big city, with a trailer, stressful...but thanks for the offer.
My camping trips avoid highly congested areas as much as possible.
I'm anxious to see a 19 ft, but will probably have to wait until I return to the eastern side of the state, where the towns are much smaller☺️