As we age... - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2019, 10:22 AM   #61

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Social drinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farther View Post
Always a compromise. For me, I have found alcoholic beverages act as a diuretic and will result in additional nighttime bathroom trips. Noncaffeinated teas also. Caffeine is definitely a diuretic and stimulant as most know. Water, surprisingly not as much for me. It took me 58 years to learn how to drink alcoholic beverages socially. YMMV!
I’ve been practicing acceptable social drinking for over 50 years. Haven’t learned how yet but I am having a fine time practicing.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-09-2019, 10:30 AM   #62

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
No drinks after 6:30? That would eliminate all the beer, wine and whiskey around the campfire which would be way outta normal practice for us.

You guys are a bad influence!

By the way, I brought a large bottle of Fireball to the rally in Osoyoos to share with you guys, but since you didn’t show, I had to drink it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0297.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	39702

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 10:36 AM   #63

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
You guys are a bad influence!

By the way, I brought a large bottle of Fireball to the rally in Osoyoos to share with you guys, but since you didn’t show, I had to drink it.
Attachment 39702
You know, you are not the first to say that. [emoji23]

No doubt somewhere e will get a chance to share again. We are liking forward to that! [emoji846]
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 10:58 AM   #64

Trailer: No RV
This is hilarious, how the tread turned into a problem of having to go to often at night. I don’t want to drag this on but Idrink very little alcohol for the past 10 years or better and loosing weight has helped me have to go as much at night. Regarding storage, one of the issues I have with a 5th wheel is it takes up my truck cap covered storage area, but I am a true believer in proper towing and I like the fifth wheel for that. I have an F250 4x4 and I know some do it but I wouldn’t tow even a 19’ with an SUV unless it was local travel. I have towed hundreds of boats as part of my work over the last 45 years.
Higgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 01:32 PM   #65

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfrombigt View Post
You know I'm getting the 5.0 but I could be happy with the 21. I like the idea of a bigger bathroom. I also quit drinking fluids at 6:30pm so I don't have to get up over 2 or 3 times a night. The main important thing is that the other Escape trailers look, well, like just trailers where as the 5.0 looks like something really cool.
I went with the 5.0 because of the great towing manners and nice layout. If I make my next birthday I’ll be 70 and so far the steps to the bed are not a problem 🤔 once you remember that shorter bottom step.
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 01:34 PM   #66

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotch View Post
I went with the 5.0 because of the great towing manners and nice layout. If I make my next birthday I’ll be 70 and so far the steps to the bed are not a problem 🤔 once you remember that shorter bottom step.
They say that the mind is the first thing to go.....
Old 06-09-2019, 01:41 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
They say that the mind is the first thing to go.....
Say what??🤣😂🤣
Old 06-09-2019, 01:46 PM   #68

Trailer: 2019 Escape 5.0TA "SCRATCH" First 5.0 TA registered in South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotch View Post
More than once coming down from the bed in the Lance 835 after missing the step I said to myself "This is gonna hurt"
Old 06-11-2019, 08:47 AM   #69

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
"...I said to myself "This is gonna hurt"

I remember saying the same thing to myself a few years ago in my back yard while falling 24 feet off a ladder. Don't do ladders anymore. This business of aging, though, creates a certain freedom, a liberty to speak your mind freely, without concern about giving offense, because younger folks sometimes suspect you might be a sage. It does come with those irritating physical restrictions. Eyes, back, feet, plumbing, digestion, etc etc. At the end of the day, though, there's always a nice swig of port, or sherry, or... uh-huh.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:02 AM   #70

While the thread has gone to getting older it truly captures why campers are my tribe, enjoy complaining, we earned it, and proud to keep putting one foot in front of the next. I have to work till I’m 66 to get house paid off ( should have built smaller) now 62, enjoy local Maine and my grandkids but seriously need to hang with others across US and Canada. Your stories give me great incentive to walk and stay in shape as best I can so I make it.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:20 AM   #71

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy View Post
While the thread has gone to getting older it truly captures why campers are my tribe, enjoy complaining, we earned it, and proud to keep putting one foot in front of the next. I have to work till I’m 66 to get house paid off ( should have built smaller) now 62, enjoy local Maine and my grandkids but seriously need to hang with others across US and Canada. Your stories give me great incentive to walk and stay in shape as best I can so I make it.
Oh to be 62 again ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:25 AM   #72

I’d rather be 66 with the house paid off and in my travel trailer
Old 06-11-2019, 11:33 AM   #73

Quote:
I’d rather be 66 with the house paid off and in my travel trailer
Still would like to go back to 62 . House was paid off a little early at 58 . Understand it is a big relief . Pat
Old 06-11-2019, 12:10 PM   #74

Of course better to be back at 62. My goal is to be in the same relative health at 66 as I am now at 62, I lost 25 pounds and still have 20 to go but it’s been difficult, those of you that are older then I and traveling in your rigs are an inspiration and I enjoy learning from you, even if your just a step ahead. I’m blessed to get this far and hope to go further and blessed to have spent 20 years on the ocean as a young fishermen, my dad stood on his feet all day as a butcher, I have had it better
Old 06-11-2019, 12:34 PM   #75

Quote:
Of course better to be back at 62. My goal is to be in the same relative health at 66 as I am now at 62, I lost 25 pounds and still have 20 to go but it’s been difficult, those of you that are older then I and traveling in your rigs are an inspiration and I enjoy learning from you, even if your just a step ahead. I’m blessed to get this far and hope to go further and blessed to have spent 20 years on the ocean as a young fishermen, my dad stood on his feet all day as a butcher, I have had it better
Good for you! eating good food , keeping active body and mind . I like to exercise in a pool really helps and low impact on your body too. One piece of advice ,try to be careful where you place your feet coming and going especially ,on ladders , go slow . In my case climbing stories high , got a little too confident on small ladders . Being on boats ,being a fisherman you understand .And just keep going even if it's sometimes painful . Don't ever give up . You got this ! Pat
Old 06-11-2019, 12:48 PM   #76

Even if sometimes it’s painful, you couldn’t be more right. This is what stopped me for years and it was a big mistake, thanks
Old 06-11-2019, 06:51 PM   #77

Quote:
🤔The 1 thing you can’t buy is time , never saw a tombstone that read “ Wish I could have worked another day” . And there are no guarantees on your health, you have to make the most of what you’re dealt 😎