Attention: All Wannabes - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2011, 12:48 PM   #1

Attention: All Wannabes

If you were looking for just one more reason to purchase the Escape of your dreams, Escape Trailers is offering a winter sale.

"If you order an Escape Trailer with a completion date in November, December or January you will
receive a $2,000.00 discount."

That is about 10% : maybe I'll buy another one just to save money :

(We pick ours up early next week.)
shanngord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:34 PM   #2

Re: Attention: All Wannabes

HI,

Thanks for the 'Heads-up'. I immediately went to the site to check it out!
$2k will go a long ways toward shipping.

Best Regards,

TurtleBax
TurtleBax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #3

Trailer: 17

shipping only offered in canada not usa is this right, thanks.
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:26 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Trailer: All Escape(s)

Hello GoCamp,

We offer shipping to both the US and Canada. If you email us or call I can obtain a quote ahead of time.

Tammy
reace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:41 AM   #5

We had our 5.0 delivered to Memphis, TN. It arrived on a flat-bed truck early on a Sunday morning, and the driver winched it down into our driveway. A quick bath to remove the road-grime and Bali Hai had a new home.

We figured the shipping cost was about the same as we might have spent on fuel and lodging on the way up (about a 3-day drive) and fuel on the way back. I'd do it again.

Dave and Deb
Old 07-05-2011, 10:59 AM   #6

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garand
We had out 5.0 delivered to Memphis, TN. It arrived on a flat-bed truck early on a Sunday morning, and the driver winched it down into our driveway. I quick bath to remove the road-grime and Bali Hai had a new home.

We figured the shipping cost about the same as we might have spent on fuel and lodging on the way up (about a 3-day drive) and fuel on the way back. I'd do it again.

Dave and Deb
But, IF you have the time, the trip is marvelous, and Tammy and Rease are wonderful hosts! IF you had the time, and the cost is the same....GO! Beautiful part of the continent.
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:02 PM   #7

Trailer: '09 Escape 19 "Grasshopper"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieEscape
But, IF you have the time, the trip is marvelous, and Tammy and Rease are wonderful hosts! IF you had the time, and the cost is the same....GO! Beautiful part of the continent.
I concur with Hokie. What a great trip & experience for anyone fortunate enough to have the time. We are still thankful that it worked out for us to do so. However, for those that don't have the time, it's awesome that Escape can accommodate deliveries too.

'09 Escape 19 "Grasshopper"
'14 MB GL350 BlueTEC; '99 Toyota 4Runner V6 4WD
Texscapees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #8

I wish we had the time and the logistics of a three-dog trip could have worked out. Had we had the time, and could have found a way to bring the pups, I would rather have made the trip. It looked to be beautiful. just as soon as I win the Lottery.....
Old 07-28-2011, 02:01 AM   #9

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B

OOOOH - it was just soooo tempting!

I kept checking the production calendar and watching the 17B's get snapped up, one by one - until there was only one left (to get the $2000 off) so I did it - I grabbed the last one. Won't be ready until November so we've got time to pour a new parking pad, erect a patio cover to park it under and make our fabric and laminate choices.

Soon to be: Lorri & Ted's Eggcellent Adventure
LBaranyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:47 PM   #10

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape

Very good Lorri--it will look sweet there beside your house...(so nice to have it plugged in and be able to use it as an extra bedroom...but you guys will have it covered--lucky)

You guys will certainly enjoy it...
Old 07-29-2011, 08:07 PM   #11

Thanks Amirie:

I was getting a little nervous watching the available 17B's become unavailable. The $2000.00 discount will go along way towards the cost of the options.

We plan to head out to Escape next week with our Toyota Tacoma to determine the hitch setup and get some towing questions answered by Reece and Tammy. We are still not sure if we will need an equalizer hitch or not. I'm thinking it's a good idea because our truck is a 4X4 and sits a little high and presumably less stability in crosswinds etc.

Ted is hoping to put a cover on the left side of the house, if it's permitted. We will have to push the trailer in tongue first or we won't be able to access the door. I think as long as we concrete the whole area we should be able to push it safely into place.

Shortly after Ted visited you and your Escape, he drove by a house near the #1 Fire Hall and saw another Escape parked out front. I also noticed when checking the production calendar that someone else in PoCo has ordered one with a December completion date.

At this rate, we'll soon have a half-dozen.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:20 PM   #12

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE

We plan to head out to Escape next week with our Toyota Tacoma to determine the hitch setup and get some towing questions answered by Reece and Tammy. We are still not sure if we will need an equalizer hitch or not. I'm thinking it's a good idea because our truck is a 4X4 and sits a little high and presumably less stability in crosswinds etc.

[/quote]

You should probably order the high-lift axle and 15 inch tires elevate the trailer to match the Tacoma. That's what I have, but Leslie nixed the Tacoma so I ended up with a RAV4. It'll help off-road too.

baglo
Old 07-29-2011, 08:44 PM   #13

Thanks Baglo. Those are both on my list as I figured the hitch would sit more level with the trailer that way. I'm busting out for the chrome rims too to match our Tacoma.

So far my list of options is almost all of them!

I won't be getting air conditioning but thought I'd get it framed in ("air ready") so it could be added later if desired.
I think we'll go for the 2 way Hot Water as well. It seems the more I read the forums, the more I want!!!

You guys just have too many good ideas. It really helps too to read what people have or wish they had.
It just doesn't help my bank account!
Old 07-30-2011, 02:38 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBaranyai

Check with Reace regarding the weight distribution hitch. It may not be necessary or even advised in a mid-sized truck.

We love our 17B which we bought in early July

The one "flaw" in the design which could be taken care of at the "option stage" is the total lack of security upon exiting the trailer to see who is knocking or hiding outside the door. The silly opaque bathroom-style window could be swapped out for a tinted one and the porch light should be upgraded for an inside switch rather than the outside switch.

I am sure Reace will accomodate this change (for a few $$). This bothers me enough that I'll probably have it done by next summer.

Reace advised us against the 2 way hot water as most of our camping is without power hookups so would be of limited use and never really pay for itself. Depends on your style of camping. The best option is the 5 cubic foot fridge - it actually allows you to eat healthy as you can buy regular groceries like veggies and other rabbit food and still have room for beverages etc.

Enjoy the wait.

G
shanngord is offline   Reply With Quote