Bed Sheets - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2018, 04:10 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Bed Sheets

Our 21 is completed and we’re making lists for what we need.

Does the bed take regular queen sized sheets? There are sheets called RV sheets or short queens but I’m not sure they would fit. I know the one corner will be a problem with any sheet.

Thanks for your help!
BluebirdHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:12 PM   #2

Just saw that there are Full XLong sheets that might work.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:08 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluebirdHazel View Post
Just saw that there are Full XLong sheets that might work.
I've used both full size (also sometimes called double size) regular & long. I prefer the long, but unless they shrink from washing, the regular, as long as the bottom sheet has deep pockets, will fit, although there won't be a lot of top sheet to tuck in. The long full size sheets are easiest to find on line or at RV stores.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:52 PM   #4

Trailer: 2012 Escape-19
sheet suspenders

If you use a fitted mattress pad or a fitted sheet on your E-21, sheet suspenders helps deal with the cut off corner.
Eddie
https://www.amazon.com/BSLINO-Triang...ed+sheet+strap
elongest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:24 PM   #5

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
We went with a Full-XL fitted sheet set, which our local Bed, Bath & Beyond actually stocks in some solid colors (and they are happy to order patterns). For an electric blanket, we ended up going with a twin size because it lays flat across the width of the bed without bunching internal wiring along the side walls. Then we went with a queen cover to make sure it covered the full 80" length from head to toe, and we don't mind it bunching along the sides. Oh, and we did add a 2" memory foam mattress topper just to match the feel of our bed at home. Very comfy bed!
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:37 PM   #6

Thanks for the advice. I like the suspender idea! We’ll do full XL sheets and a queen duvet then.

I’m looking for super warm polyester sheets that are made from pop bottles. They’re like polar fleece. Great for spring and fall camping.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:45 PM   #7

Trailer: 2018 21'
War Eagle, what did you do with the "corner" that is cut off of the mattress for the 2" mattress topper on the 21'?
Do they sell them just like the old egg crate that can be cut to size?
hollyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:09 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluebirdHazel View Post
Our 21 is completed and we’re making lists for what we need.

Does the bed take regular queen sized sheets? There are sheets called RV sheets or short queens but I’m not sure they would fit. I know the one corner will be a problem with any sheet.

Thanks for your help!
We have always, in our dbl bed in our Casita, and now our 21’, used double sheets. If you can buy the sheets separately, I would buy the regular double fitted sheets, and double flat LONG, so that you can tuck the flat sheet in really well. Regarding the comforter or blanket, we have always used a twin. It fits perfectly across the bed without all the extra ‘overhang’ that needs to be tucked in on the sides. IMHO.
Congratulations on your new Escape!
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyt View Post
War Eagle, what did you do with the "corner" that is cut off of the mattress for the 2" mattress topper on the 21'? Do they sell them just like the old egg crate that can be cut to size?
Yes. I just laid the memory foam topper out on the bed, used a Sharpe from underneath to roughly mark the angle piece to cut off the corner, flipped the topper over, used a straight edge to mark the line straighter, then simply cut with kitchen sheers. I also free-hand nipped a bit off the opposite corner where the topper needed to fit back into the rounded front corner of the camper. Something else we did to maintain a gap between the mattress and the outer walls, to help air circulate and minimize condensation (we think), is cut a pool noodle and used it as a spacer at the head of the mattress, and cut a piece of foam pipe insulation (like a pool noodle but smaller in diameter) as a spacer on the driver side of the mattress. We're not sure if we would have had a condensation problem, but with the foam spacers between outer walls and mattress, we know we don't have a problem. Let me know if that doesn't make sense or if you have any more questions. Best of luck. Oh, and while you're shopping for pool noodles, buy a couple of the extra large noodles (4"-5" diameter?) and cut them to length to fit behind the back cushions for your dinette. They set the back cushions a more comfortable angle to lean back against (at least for us they do). Dale
Old 01-13-2018, 10:43 AM   #10

Trailer: 2018 21'
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Yes. I just laid the memory foam topper out on the bed, used a Sharpe from underneath to roughly mark the angle piece to cut off the corner, flipped the topper over, used a straight edge to mark the line straighter, then simply cut with kitchen sheers. I also free-hand nipped a bit off the opposite corner where the topper needed to fit back into the rounded front corner of the camper. Something else we did to maintain a gap between the mattress and the outer walls, to help air circulate and minimize condensation (we think), is cut a pool noodle and used it as a spacer at the head of the mattress, and cut a piece of foam pipe insulation (like a pool noodle but smaller in diameter) as a spacer on the driver side of the mattress. We're not sure if we would have had a condensation problem, but with the foam spacers between outer walls and mattress, we know we don't have a problem. Let me know if that doesn't make sense or if you have any more questions. Best of luck. Oh, and while you're shopping for pool noodles, buy a couple of the extra large noodles (4"-5" diameter?) and cut them to length to fit behind the back cushions for your dinette. They set the back cushions a more comfortable angle to lean back against (at least for us they do). Dale
Dale -
Thanks so much for the tips. I'm sure they will come in very handy.
Holly
hollyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:43 PM   #11

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Anyone seen/ used the Froli sleep system

A detour but still about 21 mattress accessories.

These aren't sheets but rather mattress spring substitutes. They are able to be customized to the odd 21 mattress shape. I just saw them as an option in new Winnebago motorhomes and went to the manufacturers site.

I am wondering if anyone here has tried them with the standard Escape mattress. Are they comfortable?

Modular Froli Sleep Systems by Nickle Atlantic, LLC
Mountain_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:44 PM   #12

To give you an idea of what I'm talking about, here's a photo of an over-sized pool noodle laid behind the back pad of our dinette to give it a more comfortable slope.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC09516.jpg