Build sheet - completed (I think!) - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2015, 12:54 PM   #31

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Wow, you sure don't dally around with your build sheet. The two things we were back and forth on the most were the U-shaped dinette and the WDH. Were very happy the way it all worked out. If we had to do it all over again, I really don't know what we would change. As for the spray foam, they spray paint it black. Loren

Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 01:14 PM   #32

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
I'm really clueless about this stuff and I've deferred to my husband on this matter. He thinks for the way I'll be using the trailer, I should be fine. He's thinking I'll be using hook ups most of time.

However, I'm thinking, over time, I'll start to go off the grid more. Which is why we're not getting the solar now, but can add it later.

So, if someone(s) can give me some good, solid reasoning on why I should chose something different, please let me know and I'll tell him when he gets back from his cruise in Asia (went with his mom; I don't have any desire to go).

Thanks much!
As others have said it would be a good idea to at least go with the 29 battery . Had one in my camper 9 1/2 and motor home 20 ft . I now have 2 6 volts in trailer a 19 .Especially if doing inverter. I just have a portable barely use ,for us . I see your reasoning with adding inverter now getting it is wired in now .Also on solar pre wiring , we did that too. Just upping your battery power would be good now at least to the 29 . Your getting the 21 and the 27 is not much power for the size of your trailer .Just a thought . Pat

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 01:17 PM   #33

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
Wow, you sure don't dally around with your build sheet. The two things we were back and forth on the most were the U-shaped dinette and the WDH. Were very happy the way it all worked out. If we had to do it all over again, I really don't know what we would change. As for the spray foam, they spray paint it black. Loren
Well, like I said, I've been working on it for some time now and did not want to leave it for the last minute. Plus, once it's turned in they can't charge me more if anything increases in price!

So, did you get the u-shaped dinette? I'm really looking forward to that as I love to stretch out and read a book.

Oh, I thought the foam was white. Heck if I know why, but I did. Good to know it's black. Still won't change my mind on getting it though.
Old 12-21-2015, 01:54 PM   #34

Trailer: 21 on Feb 28, 2017 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
So Laura, now instead of spending hours on your build sheet you are instead spending hours explaining it to everyone else. LOL
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:12 PM   #35
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
I went for the 29 battery in our 21 because it included the larger battery box that is used for the dual 6V batteries; makes it simple to upgrade later (when the 29 gets old) should I desire.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:24 PM   #36

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen99 View Post
So Laura, now instead of spending hours on your build sheet you are instead spending hours explaining it to everyone else. LOL

I don't mind. I had hoped this would happen when I posted the build sheet list as I want feedback from those that already have a trailer and have used it. We haven't, so I figured there would be a few things I might have missed or whatever.

And yes, I know folks use them differently and all that, so some might not agree with some of my decisions. So, keep the comments coming!

Thanks to everyone that has commented already and will do so in the future. I appreciate each and every one of 'em. Even the one on the safe, now that I get the joke.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:28 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
I went for the 29 battery in our 21 because it included the larger battery box that is used for the dual 6V batteries; makes it simple to upgrade later (when the 29 gets old) should I desire.
So, if I get that battery and later find out it's not enough for us, I can swap it out without any problems? That's good to know. Thanks for your comment.

And hey, I'm sure you're getting ready for your vacation Charlie. Away from all our rain and such. Have fun! At some point I'll contact you to see what all you can come up for our trailer. Much later on.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:36 PM   #38

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
So, if I get that battery and later find out it's not enough for us, I can swap it out without any problems?
Unless you consider the cost of two 6V batteries plus installation a problem. They are about $150 - $175 USD each for the Interstate's like Reace puts in. Plus some different cabling.

Having had both a Group 27 in our Scamp and now dual 6V, I'd never go back to anything but the dual 6.

SAE Towing Standard "Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:40 PM   #39
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
So, is there a fan there to start with, but I'm paying extra for the remote? I thought I was paying for the fan and just deciding on which color (clear or smoke) that I wanted. If so, that's interesting to know as I don't see why I should pay extra for a remote that I'll end up losing.

And what is the standard fan then?

Thanks much for this comment - learned something here!

It is a $100 upgrade for the remote, otherwise you have to manually turn on/off unless you have it on auto which can cause some issues if forgotten and it operates while undertow. The $25 is an upgrade to smoke lens cover vs the stock opaque white cover. The smoke see thru allows moon light and more daylight into the trailer. The stock is not see thru.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:43 PM   #40
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Quote:
So, if I get that battery and later find out it's not enough for us, I can swap it out without any problems? That's good to know. Thanks for your comment.

And hey, I'm sure you're getting ready for your vacation Charlie. Away from all our rain and such. Have fun! At some point I'll contact you to see what all you can come up for our trailer. Much later on.
I too got the larger group 29 battery with the larger box that will hold the dual sixers. If you do not plan on using solar for the refer while towing, the 29 battery is sufficient. If you do get solar and want to tow on 12v, then get the dual sixers.