Build sheet finally done!! - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-10-2017, 05:32 AM   #41

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Really nice, I have not seen a gaucho in a unit, and yes I had them turn the table by my door for more room also.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:53 AM   #42

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Looking good. Some of the those pictures are stunning, real head turners. May you enjoy many mile4s and many smiles with the trailer.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:02 AM   #43

Trailer: 2023 21
Thanks for doing that, I was having trouble visualizing where I wanted more outlets and your pictures help alot.
Traverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:22 AM   #44

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: paulk... Great shots... I always like a bathroom I can lay down in!!! LoL Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:29 AM   #45
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Alright you guys... I rotate pictures as fast as I can, when I see them. No laying down in the shower or using a refrigerator as a cooler with a flip-up lid!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:33 AM   #46

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Sorry Donna, I missed them.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:55 AM   #47

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 aka "Bon Temps"
Paulk,

Really appreciate all the pictures you posted. Nice to be able to see all the different areas of the trailer and the mods you selected. The table pedestal you had ETI install looks much more stable than the stock pedestal. What is the name of the company that makes it, as I may order one and have ETI install it for me as well? Did the they ship it directly to ETI? Thanks.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:58 AM   #48

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Alright you guys... I rotate pictures as fast as I can, when I see them. No laying down in the shower or using a refrigerator as a cooler with a flip-up lid!
Donna, I know that you do your best and rotate as soo as you find a picture with a problem. Just find it fascinating that the orientation of the photos isn't always native to the was it was taken. When I spot the problem I try to take care of it myself before posting.

Thanks for the job you do in helping (trying to) keep the forum on the straight and narrow.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:32 AM   #49

Trailer: 17b - 2017 model
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike & Donna View Post
Paulk,

Really appreciate all the pictures you posted. Nice to be able to see all the different areas of the trailer and the mods you selected. The table pedestal you had ETI install looks much more stable than the stock pedestal. What is the name of the company that makes it, as I may order one and have ETI install it for me as well? Did the they ship it directly to ETI? Thanks.
Springfield pedestal and Dicor slider. Unfortunately, you can't easily buy the Dicor slider anymore per another thread on this forum. Perhaps an enterprising person will find a way to buy it from Italy.
paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:51 AM   #50
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven M View Post
Donna, I know that you do your best and rotate as soo as you find a picture with a problem. Just find it fascinating that the orientation of the photos isn't always native to the was it was taken. ..
It's because the software uses landscape photos. So if you upload a photo taken in portrait, it turns to landscape. Only through Edit can the software be forced to accept the orientation. It's a PITA, but they'll be fixed when noticed. Anyone with a simple graphics program can fix the photos themselves and edit their post to fix the problem. As long as it's done rather quickly after the initial post is made.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:51 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traverson View Post
Thanks for doing that, I was having trouble visualizing where I wanted more outlets and your pictures help alot.
I put mine on the driver side upper cabinet above the shelf to reduce the length of the wire going there and the voltage drop, however most people would probably prefer putting it above the passenger side shelf because it's a tiny bit easier to access. You can grab the wardrobe surface when reaching for it there, and the driver side is recessed more behind the full height bathroom wall. I put two 12 volt outlets under the sink, however I am planning to add my own two outlets on the driver side rear dinette all the way in the back below the battery cutoff switch. If I had only one set of 12 volt outlets I would probably do the ones on the rear dinette since they'll be out of the way and not a tripping hazard.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:53 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
It's because the software uses landscape photos. So if you upload a photo taken in portrait, it turns to landscape. Only through Edit can the software be forced to accept the orientation. It's a PITA, but they'll be fixed when noticed. Anyone with a simple graphics program can fix the photos themselves and edit their post to fix the problem. As long as it's done rather quickly after the initial post is made.
Thanks Donna -- I didn't realize they would be rotated. They show properly on my computer.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:56 AM   #53

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
If you click on Preview ( next to Submit ) you can check your post before submitting.
Old 04-10-2017, 10:18 AM   #54

Trailer: pondering.....
paulk..great pictures and a beautiful trailer...this camper has never been in a 17 but your excellent picture documentation conveys it's construction and attributes well.......very well thought out build inside and out and not a bit of wasted space anywhere!

so on the 17 trailers they put the batteries on the back instead of inside the storage box in front ..guessing because of the extra weight forward near the tongue would not be good..

nice TUG..always liked Volvo..had one in the late 60's..was super reliable
how does the Volvo XC90 like pulling it?
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:56 AM   #55

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
It's funny to see first the outside pictures of the trailer and then the inside. Outside small, inside a wealth of room. Hard to believe it's one and the same trailer. People can be jealous of you and your Escape!!!
Old 04-10-2017, 12:10 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
paulk..great pictures and a beautiful trailer...this camper has never been in a 17 but your excellent picture documentation conveys it's construction and attributes well.......very well thought out build inside and out and not a bit of wasted space anywhere!

so on the 17 trailers they put the batteries on the back instead of inside the storage box in front ..guessing because of the extra weight forward near the tongue would not be good..

nice TUG..always liked Volvo..had one in the late 60's..was super reliable
how does the Volvo XC90 like pulling it?
I was VERY impressed with how my trailer turned out, which is a minor miracle considering how much of a perfectionist I am. The great people at ETI are also a joy to work with. I'm sure I wasn't the easiest customer either because was I constantly asking them esoteric questions.

I'm not sure what I would do if ETI didn't exist. I guess I'd get another fiberglass trailer, but ETI is so far above anything else in the market right now in terms of quality, customer service, and low tow weight.

Batteries go in the back for practical reasons of distributing the weight front to back. Ideally weight should be located in the center above the axle, but well, I walk there. I kind of like having the batteries on the bumper. It leaves a bit more room in the front storage box. The theoretical drawback is that the trailer should sway a bit more with the batteries in the back, but in practice it doesn't seem to be an issue. I don't have anything to compare against, but it seems to tow very well to me.

The new XC90s are great. I like them ever more than the Mercedes SUVs, which are 10k more. Towing a trailer that's less than 3000lb with a vehicle that can do 5000lb is nice.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:27 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
It's funny to see first the outside pictures of the trailer and then the inside. Outside small, inside a wealth of room. Hard to believe it's one and the same trailer. People can be jealous of you and your Escape!!!
Yep, I was one of the jealous ones a year ago. I just hope two foot-its doesn't set in causing me to be jealous of all those 19 owners! Currently, I'm very happy with the size of my 17. One big plus is that it parks nicely in my alley accessible driveway.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:37 PM   #58

Trailer: 2023 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulk View Post
I was VERY impressed with how my trailer turned out, which is a minor miracle considering how much of a perfectionist I am.
I am slightly concerned about this myself. I chose Escape because I believe it to be a better product than their competition. Because it's a better product, they are able to charge slightly more, but with the higher price comes higher expectations. I am very picky about my stuff; I just have to remind myself that these are good people with a good product and to not be unreasonable with my expectations.
Traverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 02:22 PM   #59

Trailer: pondering.....
paulk..would you share the actual sticker weight info on your trailer?
thanks
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:25 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
paulk..would you share the actual sticker weight info on your trailer?
thanks
2775 lb