build sheet for a 19' - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2018, 08:20 AM   #21

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19’ Sold in 2023
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
One more thing to consider: the high lift axle option. Again, people will line up on both sides of this one but we are fans for two reasons: it offsets the loss of ground clearance from the underbody spray foam, and it adds a useful bit of lift for when you hit the dump station.
I’ve read on another site, we know about believing what one reads, however my question perhaps a little anal!!! Is the thought that a taller/higher trailer increasing drag of any concern regarding the high lift option?
Duer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:08 AM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Great song.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:42 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duer View Post
I’ve read on another site, we know about believing what one reads, however my question perhaps a little anal!!! Is the thought that a taller/higher trailer increasing drag of any concern regarding the high lift option?
wind drag and weight was why I went back to the narrower and lighter 19 from my 21, my gas mileage improved about 20%.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:11 AM   #24

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duer View Post

That’s a valid concern, although I don’t know how much difference the <3” lift makes at sub 62mph towing. Surely some, but enough to matter? Would be interesting if someone on the forum has the know how to to actually calculate that!
Old 03-29-2018, 06:32 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 E19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
All you need is a smartphone ( iPhone in my case ) which has Bluetooth capability and a Bluetooth speaker. I transferred all my CDs to iTunes on my laptop and then on to my iPod and now my iPhone.
Quote:
Now we got country and western on the bus
R&B, we got disco in eight tracks and cassettes in stereo
We've got rural scenes and magazines
Yep, we've gone from a shoebox full of 8-tracks, to a bigger shoebox full of cassettes, to a mountain of CD's, to a handful of 16 gb USB sticks, and now to the audio player with a very full 128 gb sd card - 6,200 files, gasp! Our iPhone is only 64 gb, and is usually full of a trip's worth of videos and backup still images (in case there is a problem with reading the DSLR cards) - no room for audio files on the iPhone. On the audio player, opera and classical are stored wma lossless, and everything else (blues, rock, C&W, etc) is all mp3. The audio player uses EXIF data so it's easy to select by all sorts of parameters - sure beats pawing through a pile of USB sticks to find what you want.
Old 03-30-2018, 02:48 PM   #26

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Eggstrications View Post
We didn't spring for the built-in stereo, not wanting to forgo cabinet space for the unit and built-in speakers, and not particularly wanting to spend $325 for a limited-use sound system.
If one chooses to do something aftermarket it doesn’t necessarily need to take up cabinet space.
Attached Thumbnails
1C792C92-B4F0-477F-BA1D-EDE3868430A1.jpg  
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 08:36 AM   #27

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19' and 2016 GMC Yukon SLT SUV.
Send a message via AIM to Tonny LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
If one chooses to do something aftermarket it doesn’t necessarily need to take up cabinet space.
Would u please share the source of your audio system. Thanks.

TonnyLR
Tonny LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:26 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonny LR View Post
Would u please share the source of your audio system. Thanks.

TonnyLR
It was done by the previous owner but it is a Kenwood unit in an underdash mount with Infinity speakers under the rear cabinet. It also has exterior marine speakers that are loose and can be brought out through the rear side hatch for outdoor music under the awning. It is also wired for audio through the TV.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_120999...SABEgKGb_D_BwE
Old 03-31-2018, 01:13 PM   #29

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19' and 2016 GMC Yukon SLT SUV.
Send a message via AIM to Tonny LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
It was done by the previous owner but it is a Kenwood unit in an underdash mount with Infinity speakers under the rear cabinet. It also has exterior marine speakers that are loose and can be brought out through the rear side hatch for outdoor music under the awning. It is also wired for audio through the TV.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_120999...SABEgKGb_D_BwE
Thank you for the info.

Tonny LR
Tonny LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 02:41 PM   #30

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonner View Post
I agree with Jim. I wish we had lowered our light outside the door to more of a waist high level. We raised our dinette floor 3 inches and went to the the U bench but then made our table a round 24 inch round one with one pole with a recessed hole for the pole. It's kind of like a cocktail table. It still slides like the standard table. This way we can have a level floor with a small rug over it when we don't put up the table and lots of space. No tripping. We did think the U shape with the standard table was a little cramped. We very often don't even put the table up and it gives the inside a more spacious feel. We had ETI make us 2 - 12 inch filler boards so we can still use the dinette area as a bed if we desire. We store the two filler boards under the mattress and you cannot tell they are there. We used our camper 40+ nights last summer and have no regrets on our design. This works for us as we spend almost all our time outside. The important thing is to decide what will work for you. Everyones scenario is different.

We also love the detachable power cord.

-Ohio Ralph-
Hi Ohio Ralph,

We are close to completing our build sheet, and I have asked ETI to use the same set-up for our U-shaped dinette and 24" round table as you have. Love, love, love what you did... I want the level floor, rug over the hole, and the cocktail table for our soon-to-be-lounge! The issue I've run into is the mount needed to go in the recessed hole... they have told me I need to provide "a round table base that does not need to be flush mounted". What sort of set-up do you have, and where did you get it?? Any help would be much appreciated!!
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:02 PM   #31

We do have the dinette style table area with a 24" round cocktail style table. We decided to raise the floor 3" even before we changed to the table set up we have. We decided this mainly for my wife, who is rather short to help her to be able to see better out the windows while sitting. Then we realized we could put a recessed post mount as we gained the 3". ETI did the recessed post mount installation. I do believe you cannot have the recessed post hole unless you raise the floor. That's probably the glitch. We have had our trailer for a year and just got back a couple of days ago from a short season starting shakedown for the season. We have never found the raised floor to be a problem but others might. it is just a personal preference. We are also finding that we often just don't put the table up unless the weather is bad and we are stuck inside a lot. Most of the time we are outside. Without the table the inside seems even more roomier. Make sure you have ETI make you two filler boards so you can turn the area into a bed or you can just make them yourselves. We keep our two under the bed. Good luck. If you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask.
Old 05-04-2018, 03:59 PM   #32

Quote:
We do have the dinette style table area with a 24" round cocktail style table. We decided to raise the floor 3" even before we changed to the table set up we have. We decided this mainly for my wife, who is rather short to help her to be able to see better out the windows while sitting. Then we realized we could put a recessed post mount as we gained the 3". ETI did the recessed post mount installation. I do believe you cannot have the recessed post hole unless you raise the floor. That's probably the glitch. We have had our trailer for a year and just got back a couple of days ago from a short season starting shakedown for the season. We have never found the raised floor to be a problem but others might. it is just a personal preference. We are also finding that we often just don't put the table up unless the weather is bad and we are stuck inside a lot. Most of the time we are outside. Without the table the inside seems even more roomier. Make sure you have ETI make you two filler boards so you can turn the area into a bed or you can just make them yourselves. We keep our two under the bed. Good luck. If you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask.
Similar to your thought process during your build, I have already included the 3" raised floor on the build, which I wanted regardless of the table and seat configuration. I too like to see out the window, and I think the raised floor breaks up the continuity of the interior to give it a feel that is very appealing.

But I'm not certain that is the issue or not with the table mount, but I'll try to get additional clarification. They did give me these instructions when I first asked for your set-up: "It is possible to install some flush mount pedestals for your table. If this is the route you would like to go, it is a customer provided pedestal so please provide us with a link to the pedestal of your choice so that we can submit it for approval."

I did send a picture of your trailer to them and mentioned it was from a 2017 build, but that didn't seem to solve the problem. Perhaps there is some confusion between the person with whom I'm working and the builders.

Thanks so much for the help and suggestions! I may copy portions of your note and include in my next conversation with them
Old 05-05-2018, 01:40 PM   #33

Feel free to forward anything from my message. Our set up has the standard pole (just one) and the standard slide mount on the bottom of the table. ETI did provide the flush mount fitting for the pole. When we went to ETI for our orientation they did not have the flush fitting in stock and may have had to order it. Hope this helps.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:50 PM   #34

Quote:
Feel free to forward anything from my message. Our set up has the standard pole (just one) and the standard slide mount on the bottom of the table. ETI did provide the flush mount fitting for the pole. When we went to ETI for our orientation they did not have the flush fitting in stock and may have had to order it. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your help!! Just signed my build sheet yesterday afternoon, with 15 minutes to spare. Yep, cut it a little close but got it done, with everything just as I wanted. All discussion about the 24" round table and flush mount fitting was solved after I pointed out I had the 3" raised dinette floor on the build sheet also. I do, however, have to purchase the mount myself and bring it to orientation so they can install it. No biggie!!

The completion date is August 15, and we'll be picking it up a week or two after. Whew, this has been such a process, with so many decisions, not the least of which was selection and purchase of the right tow vehicle, then the right trailer and the right options. I'm convinced we made the right decisions, but it was ALL done sight unseen so slightly unnerving!! We'll find out for sure after we pick it up and bring it home. Undoubtedly, there will be some things I'd wish we'd done and probably some I wish we hadn't. But folks here have been such a great help. If there are any prospective Escape buyers lurking on this forum, and I'm certain there are, come on in and introduce yourselves!! Great bunch of folks.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:12 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmo7000 View Post
The completion date is August 15, and we'll be picking it up a week or two after. Whew, this has been such a process, with so many decisions, not the least of which was selection and purchase of the right tow vehicle, then the right trailer and the right options. I'm convinced we made the right decisions, but it was ALL done sight unseen so slightly unnerving!!
More than a few people have bought Escapes sight unseen. Now just sit back and relax. You've made a great decision and will love the trailer....and on the very slight chance you change your mind we know that resale is not a problem. You can't go wrong.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:53 PM   #36

Congratulations!!!!! You are going to be so happy. Here's to many adventures to come.