Build sheet for the 19--finally! - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2015, 09:55 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 19' Escape "On the Lam"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornanaugle View Post
Can you post a photo of the extensions? Sounds like a nice addition.
Hi Lorna and Phil--

The counter extensions are flip-up shelves that can be requested in certain areas of the trailer. Although we received photos today of our 19, it didn't show the walls where the shelves will be (above the bed, on the other side of fridge and stove walls). If you look at some of the other "It's Friday" build photos, you'll see the shelves. We requested two, at these various positions, because we wanted to accommodate my husband's CPAP machine--as well as have a place for books, glasses, etc. ETI may not have installed the shelves at this point, don't know.

If we get a photo, I'll send it out. We're happy to help in any way, as we received so much assistance and advice from others when we were getting the build sheet finalized.

All the best to you both and may you have many happy times ahead
Peace~
Gae
oldclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:10 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Strasser View Post
new to forum, looking at options, please explain "horst probes"
Thanks
Hi Mary--

The Horst probes are sensors that can be added to the gray and black water tanks to help provide an additional reading on the level of liquid each tank contains. I read quite a bit about the probes and there are different opinions about their necessity. There is a sensor provided by ETI in the tanks, but some folks have had issues with the accuracy of their readings. Because we previously owned a Casita, we were a little leery of the guessing game we had to play with the gray water levels. The black water level we could see, but not the gray--so we opted to add the Horst probes to the gray for some peace of mind.

Everything you choose on your trailer is subjective, depending on your needs, wants, and whims. That's the great thing about Escape trailers, there are many options to choose from.

All the best to you and happy travels.
Peace~
Gae
Old 04-10-2015, 10:19 PM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldclimber View Post
Hi Lorna and Phil--

The counter extensions are flip-up shelves that can be requested in certain areas of the trailer. ....
Search "Stooge" tables, that's what a lot of us call them.

Don't ask me how they came by that name... I just heard about them, ordered them, got them, and am happy I did.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:22 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnomad View Post
Bruce--thanks for that video on the Horst probes. Great explanation~
Gae
Old 04-11-2015, 05:48 AM   #25

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Keep in mind you have to purchase and forward the probes if you go that route, wish I had remembered to do so. If you want the sprayed on foam it's something that should be done during the build.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:03 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Keep in mind you have to purchase and forward the probes if you go that route, wish I had remembered to do so. If you want the sprayed on foam it's something that should be done during the build.
Thanks for mentioning this, Bob. It did take some effort to get the probes and then send them onto ETI in time for the build. Initially, we were going to have the foam sprayed on the bottom of the trailer, so I had to rush getting the probes there. We have since decided not to have the foam layer, but at least the probes are in place. Peace~
Gae
Old 04-11-2015, 02:41 PM   #27

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
I'd like to get some feed back on the spray foam under the trailer. I'd like to have my floor insulated but right now am choosing to hold off. I want to wait until after a few trips to make sure I'm done adding any plumbing or wiring or other mods. Then I thought I'd power wash beneath the trailer, take it back to ETI to have it spray foamed.

Is this a good plan? Please comment as I'm still working on my build sheet.

Thank you, Tom
Old 04-11-2015, 02:49 PM   #28

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Tom,
All of my modifications were done topside. I see no reason to go below for any reason. Both my 19 and 21 were spray foamed and it really keep the floor warmer. The foam goes from the front to the back, covering the frame and everything, other than the axles. I feel it helps keep varmints out and seals the entire bottom.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:49 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingHyena View Post
I'd like to get some feed back on the spray foam under the trailer. I'd like to have my floor insulated but right now am choosing to hold off. I want to wait until after a few trips to make sure I'm done adding any plumbing or wiring or other mods. Then I thought I'd power wash beneath the trailer, take it back to ETI to have it spray foamed.

Is this a good plan? Please comment as I'm still working on my build sheet.

Thank you, Tom
Tom--I'm just a newbie here and there is much wisdom on this site, but I like the option that the spray foam can be added at a later time. Since you are in Alaska, it would come in handy!

All the best to you with your build sheet--so much to consider. It's all good, though

Peace~
Gae